darTZeel NHB-468 mono blocks added to my system - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: darTZeel NHB-468 mono blocks added to my system

Mike, really?

You just cost me an arm and leg, now your going in for the kill!

Look forward to hearing these bad boys, until then ENJOY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

2. Likes Mike Lavigne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I heard the 458's I thought those were the best sounding amps I'd ever heard ... I can only imagine what these sound like! Congrats and enjoy!

George

4. Likes Mike Lavigne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Absolutely beautiful amps, congratulations!

Was the borrowed 108 in MkII status?
    thank you.

no, the 108 was a trade-in Mk1 w/SNCP upgrade.....so current spec Mk1. the owner had just received the Mk2 108, so my dealer had him ship his trade-in directly to me to use. and honestly it was awesome. mostly i could listen and not think about amps at all. but at times i heard where the 458's would have taken things further.

the 458's are a lot more amp, but the Mk1 108 is still on my top 4 or 5 all time amp list. sounds like music and has this 'super' purity.

i think this 108 (sitting in the other room smugly after a job well done) will be up for sale soon. watch for it as it's been properly vetted in my room. :-)

6. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Mike, really?

You just cost me an arm and leg, now your going in for the kill!

Look forward to hearing these bad boys, until then ENJOY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    sorry Ed......this move was a surprise to me too. not planned. had just added 2 turntables (one you don't yet know about either) in the last 3 months, and a new server last spring. but when faced with the opportunity i had to do it.

come on over when you have time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
    When I heard the 458's I thought those were the best sounding amps I'd ever heard ... I can only imagine what these sound like! Congrats and enjoy!

George
    thanks George, that was my same experience, that the 458's were the best sounding amps i'd ever heard. so i was in no hurry to do the upgrade.

i should have been in a hurry.

9. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Mike, you are really taking no prisoners. Incredible commitment, amazing.

I had read Fremer’s review before, and was wondering when you might make a move. I have not heard them myself yet, but the statements in the review were not unclear. And, hopefully you replaced the Dart ICs as well, as Mikey suggested.

Huge congrats, enjoy in good health! It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    thank you.

i have no doubt about what Fremer heard with the new 'zeel' interconnects.

i have a few runs of the 'old' OEM 'zeel' cable, and use 11 meters of it between my King Cello tape repro and dart pre. it is very good sounding. the new version of the OEM 'zeel' is even better i'm told.

however; what i use between my amps and preamp, is the Evolution Acoustics version of the 'zeel' cable, which i'm told is still better than the 'new' OEM 'zeel'.

so while i don't have personal experience with that new 'zeel', i'm pretty happy and have no plans to personally investigate any cables.

11. Thanks Kuoppis thanked for this post
    Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aKnyght View Post
    oh my... what an appealing description!! congrats on the new amps - enjoy!

certainly makes me curious if this is the darTZeel "house sound" extending all the way down to their integrateds.
    thank you.

the 'house' sound of darTZeel does extend to it's integrateds. by that i mean the purity, naturalness and lack of edge or grain different than other solid state. the high frequencies are smooth and very open on top. the bass is finely textured and the presentation is alive and has that nuance and micro-dynamic energy. and darts can rock'n roll too.....speaker dependent of course.

where the 108 Mk2, and even much more the new 468 mono's take things further is the degree of texture, liquidity and other worldly tube like richness and organic fullness, yet retain all the purity and extension.

so these new amps are 'house sound ++'.

13. Thanks aKnyght thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, aKnyght, joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Mike! Congratulations from another tone and texture junkie.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4+Keces P3 Power Supply | Audioquest Diamond Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | ARC REFERENCE 160M amps | JBL 4367+Isoacoustics Gaia I | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000T | Luminous Audio Technology cabling and power | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustics room treatments | ASC Iso-wall/Iso-ceiling construction

15. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

beautiful amps! especially found your comment about the decay very interesting. seems like these iron-man amps are the proverbial iron fist in a velvet glove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aKnyght View Post

certainly makes me curious if this is the darTZeel "house sound" extending all the way down to their integrateds.
    Yes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast