Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Pass Labs int 250 And Harbeth Synergy.....

Anyone heard the Pass int 250 with Harbeth speakers? Just curious about the amp/speaker synergy?

Super Moderator

Re: Pass Labs int 250 And Harbeth Synergy.....

I heard the INT-60 with Super HL5 40th anniversary like yours. It was absolutely wonderful. I’m sure the 250 will be as good or probably better because of the extra power.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I heard the INT-60 with Super HL5 40th anniversary like yours. It was absolutely wonderful. I’m sure the 250 will be as good or probably better because of the extra power.

Thanks, Joe. Yeah, that int 60 playing through those Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversaries really left an impression on me. That int 250 must be a beast. You might notice I'm trying squeeze every bit of info on the int 250 from the AS Forum since I'm about to drop some serious money not only on the int 250 but I'm also going to purchase the MSB Discrete with 2nd power supply option, and Roon Nucleus. I just want to be as sure as I can be about my decisions. But I don't see how I could be disappointed with any of my components.

I had a Pass X250.8 for a while and tried my 30.2s with it before I shipped them off to my summer house.

Great combo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

[QUOTE=Kuoppis;288084]I had a Pass X250.8 for a while and tried my 30.2s with it before I shipped them off to my summer house.

Great combo.

Thank you for your response. The Pass Labs int 250 has the same power amp section as the 250.8 so they should share very similar sonic personalities. The int 250 has a custom preamp and is an integrated vs the 250.8 amp. I've heard nothing but great things about the 250.8.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Anyone heard the Pass int 250 with Harbeth speakers? Just curious about the amp/speaker synergy?
    Big breath, exhale, repeat. I do understand your dilemma, but......, if you keep going like this Mike will have ten trade-ins at new prices. Welcome to the world of upgradeitus & also the sickness of audiofooldom....

Summerhouse man-cave: Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary, Pass Labs INT-60.

“Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    Big breath, exhale, repeat. I do understand your dilemma, but......, if you keep going like this Mike will have ten trade-ins at new prices. Welcome to the world of upgradeitus & also the sickness of audiofooldom....

Ha!! I might need a Valium! Mike too, LOL!! A good part of all this is just my excitement at, after many months of waiting, I will finally be taking ownership of my new system. I'm like a little kid with a Christmas catalog who's found exactly what he wants and can't stop looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Summerhouse man-cave: Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary, Pass Labs INT-60.

Wow! Beautiful set up!

Super Moderator

+1

Love it.

Wow! Beautiful set up!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Please... Just buy SOMETHING and enjoy it...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Banned

Pass Labs makes some of the best amps, pre-amps, and int. Very Nice looking system.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by penthouse-d View Post
    please... Just buy something and enjoy it...

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    pass labs makes some of the best amps, pre-amps, and int. Very nice looking system.
    +1 !

NAD C 658 streamer.

"[Please... Just buy SOMETHING and enjoy it"]

That's definitely my plan. BTW, how do you like your T+A stuff. I was really interested in the T+A MP3100HV but it was just a bit over my budget. You have an outstanding system. I'll bet it sounds killer. My listening room is a little too small for the 40.2s so I got the Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversaries. Harbeth makes superb speakers.

[QUOTE=bluegrassphile;288795]"[Please... Just buy SOMETHING and enjoy it"]

..or what? lets not hide behind a keyboard...

Ha!! I might need a Valium! Mike too, LOL!! A good part of all this is just my excitement at, after many months of waiting, I will finally be taking ownership of my new system. I'm like a little kid with a Christmas catalog who's found exactly what he wants and can't stop looking at it.
    Except you keep looking through the catalog thinking there might be something more shiny and maybe you aren't buying the "right" gear. You are in the first stage of buyer's remorse and you haven't even bought all of your gear yet. Time to chill.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Except you keep looking through the catalog thinking there might be something more shiny and maybe you aren't buying the "right" gear. You are in the first stage of buyer's remorse and you haven't even bought all of your gear yet. Time to chill.

Oh sure!! Easy for you to say with all your wonderful toys!!

Super Moderator

Come January, Tom will be in the thick of setting up his wonderful system, whatever he decides it will be. He’s the smart one having not spent a dime yet. Don’t worry, he’ll be swapping gear like the rest of us come next year.

NAD C 658 streamer.

"[...Don’t worry, he’ll be swapping gear like the rest of us come next year...]"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Super Moderator

"[...Don’t worry, he’ll be swapping gear like the rest of us come next year...]"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Don’t worry, he’ll be swapping gear like the rest of us come next year.
    I have absolutely no doubt about it. At the same time, I’m excited to hear his experience first few weeks.

Super Moderator

I honestly think Tom will be pretty stable once he’s all setup. As he gets settled into his new system, the music will naturally come first and the gear a distant second.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I know this will be extremely difficult for some of you to believe, but I'm a very serious person. However, I morph into a 7 year old boy when it comes to listening to, interacting with, or even discussing high end audio gear. Really. Seriously. No, really. I mean it.

Before he can
    "swap", he needs to buy something...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    Before he starts to "swap", he needs to buy something...
    He did. A really nice system. Harbeth SHL5+ Anniversary Edition, Pass INT-250, MSB Discrete with Roon Renderer. Once it all arrives in January, he will get acquainted to the system. Tom heard that system (except INT-60 instead of 250) at my store and loved it. He did his due diligence and will reap the rewards. I enjoyed our day together. We had a blast.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Merry Christmas, Mike and Joe...and everyone here! Spending 8 hrs in your store, Mike, was one of the highlights of my entire life. And purchasing my system is just the start.

You'll be hearing from me in about 3 1/2 weeks. I really appreciate all your help. I VERY highly recommend Mike and Suncoast Audio to anyone interested in high end home audio. I think you'd be very hard pressed to find any better. He's the best of the best.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team