Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Roon lifetime price increase to $699

Roon lifetime price is increased to $699

Those who have started Roon trial before yesterday can try this to ask for the original price:
    https://community.roonlabs.com/t/lif...083/23?u=wklie
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699

I am not surprised at all by this. What I am surprised by is how long it took them to make this change. When I was helping EJ out for a little while a couple years ago, and setting him up to sell Roon products, they had expressed to me that they did not believe that the lifetime subscription would be offered going forward. They felt it was not viable for them as a company. The lifetime was for an influx of cash as a new company but the yearly sub was their long term goal. They felt early adopters could take advantage of it but eventually they would eliminate lifetime sub all together and new customers would only have the yearly option.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

This ALWAYS happens to me!!! I'm planning on purchasing a Roon Nucleus...in January!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    This ALWAYS happens to me!!! I'm planning on purchasing a Roon Nucleus...in January!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
    I know they have been trying to get rid of the lifetime subscription for quite some time. The yearly sub has not changed.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Oh thank Jesus. Even though I am not using it yet i thought i better get on the bandwagon before this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Howiebrou View Post
    Oh thank Jesus. Even though I am not using it yet i thought i better get on the bandwagon before this happened.
    It is really great software that is continually enhanced. You should give it a try , since it sounds like you already own it.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

I see that Roon has a update...1.7. I'm in the process of updating the I7 trasnport now. When I decided to make streaming my main music format about eight or nine months ago I just purchased the lifetime subsription at that time. It nice knowing I'm locked in.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Audioshark

Here is why:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/lif...-499-699/84339

I agree with them. Maybe it’s time to eliminate the lifetime all together as an option for new subscribers. Early adopters are rewarded.

People on the fence should jump in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Just noticed on Roon" Live Radio". Is this new or did I just never notice this before?
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    Just noticed on Roon" Live Radio". Is this new or did I just never notice this before?
    This is what is says regarding the release or Live Radio.
    We’re thrilled to launch our Live Radio directory, a collection of more than 1000 live radio stations, hand curated by the Roon community. Now you can browse stations by genre or quickly find your local stations.

As with all streaming content, live radio can be added to your library for easy access later. Remember, the directory is an actively maintained database; if you have questions, suggestions, or if there’s a station you can’t find, let them know in the Live Radio 24 category on our community site.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Audioshark

Roon 1.7 — introducing Valence

Roon Labs is proud to announce the largest project we’ve ever undertaken. After two years of focused design and engineering, we’re unveiling an entirely new technology we call Valence.

Valence is a system built on a massive new cloud database, which uses machine learning algorithms – designed with our passion for music – to model the many dimensions of relatedness more deeply than ever before. And because you use Roon to explore, collect, and listen to the music you love, Valence understands you like no other.

The secret ingredient is the Roon community; Valence learns from the musical tastes of over 100,000 expert listeners who use Roon.

The result is the ultimate music expert, which presents the world of music through a lens personalized just for you.

If you’ve used the hugely popular Roon Radio, you’ve seen an early example of Valence in action. In the same way that the meaning of “radio” was transformed in Roon 1.6, today you’ll see Valence transform your understanding of ideas like “new releases for you” and “suggested for you” in Roon 1.7.

Beyond Valence, there’s more to this update: we’ve brought the kind of experience you expect from Roon to the world of live radio, and Roon OS has received a massive performance boost. As always, feedback from the community has led to a number of other improvements as well.

We hope you enjoy finding your next music obsession!

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Here is why:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/lif...-499-699/84339

I agree with them. Maybe it’s time to eliminate the lifetime all together as an option for new subscribers. Early adopters are rewarded.

People on the fence should jump in soon.

Excellent explanation. Amazing that the company is this open and honest. They had told me two years ago that they were considering eliminating the lifetime subscription!

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

I wish they concentrated more on the audio quality than AI features. Even a simple Innous music server's native player (and other Linux players) beats Roon big time in sound quality. To me, Roon is excellent library manager with sota UI and that's about it. After 1.3 release couple of yrs back, their foremost goal has been mass adoption. I don't see an issue with their business model, its just they aren't interested anymore on audio quality which is the sad part.

I do not necessarily agree with this. I believe Roon is a top notch performer and rivals most any software out there. I do also know from personal experience that this is affected by and influenced by individual setup. For example a couple years ago I believe there were others that sounded ever so slightly better. Working with a Roon engineer to attempt to solve this on my system we determined that using Roon as a headless server without any interface installed on the server itself actually allowed Roon to perform better, and equal to any software I had ever tried.

However, if this is still a concern they have added built in interface to the single best sounding playback engine (in mine and thousands upon thousands others opinions) available anywhere. Roon added direct support and interface to HQPlayer. Therefore Roon and HQPlayer make a tremendous and in my view unbeatable package. The best control interface paired with the best playback engine!

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

It is not only my personal opinion but many many many Roon users that have dabbled into many other playback s/w....their are massive threads around this in AudiophileStyle and Roon forums. I have been fiddling with Roon since its inception and have played around with many other playback s/w (including HQP and I own its license as well but don't use it anymore) in different OS environment - Windows and Linux. I used to run HQP as the backend playback engine to Roon (running Rock) but not anymore. The SQ advantage of HQP is only applicable if one is up-sampling not otherwise. If you have a properly tuned server, you just don't need HQP to do native sample rate playback - their are many Linux players (Euphony Stylus or Squeezelite for example) will give a hard time to Roon when it comes to sound quality. Unless you have heard them in your system, Roon will continue to be the best and I don't doubt it :-) I guess my point is Roon is trying to be the jack of all trades but master of none....

I will take your word for it since I have never used Linux in a music playback system setup. I very much prefer DSD and up-sampling to DSD512. And yes, whatever resolution the files are originally in sound wonderful, but I personally prefer the sound quality of DSD. I could also find just as many Roon users who have expressed their preference for Roon sound quality and just as many with the same opinion of Roon and HQPlayer. I certainly do not need HQPlayer to do native sample rate playback and would probably not use it as such.

The one thing that I really like about Roon is that they are continually developing and improving. These improvements have been in both features and in sound quality performance. Compared to many other software packages Roon does considerably more continual development then the competition.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Audioshark

We’ve done multiple comparisons of software like Lumin with Lumin software and Lumin with Roon and Innous with Innous Software and Roon. We really didn’t hear a big difference when using a Nucleus Plus, Keces P8 and a $600 QNAP switch. I think other system backends COULD affect that sound. But the way ours is configured, we just don’t hear it.

Not sure about the Lumin but I just haven't heard anyone saying Roon sounds the same as the Innous (Zenith mk2 SE) or some of the other Linux playback engine. Its always the opposite and has been my experience as well. You could get close with Roon Core/Bridge combo but still not at par with, say an LMS/Squeezelite combo running on the same h/w. Simple simple things, like RAM based playback can give a significant boost to sound (lot more air around instruments and vocals), has been requested to them for a long time and they keep ignoring it. The other players do sound better but their library management just sucks big time, their ui is arcane compared to Roon - as capable as Roon engineers are, they are leaving behind a lot of potential on their playback quality IMO.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Devg View Post
    Not sure about the Lumin but I just haven't heard anyone saying Roon sounds the same as the Innous (Zenith mk2 SE) or some of the other Linux playback engine. Its always the opposite and has been my experience as well. You could get close with Roon Core/Bridge combo but still not at par with, say an LMS/Squeezelite combo running on the same h/w. Simple simple things, like RAM based playback can give a significant boost to sound (lot more air around instruments and vocals), has been requested to them for a long time and they keep ignoring it. The other players do sound better but their library management just sucks big time, their ui is arcane compared to Roon - as capable as Roon engineers are, they are leaving behind a lot of potential on their playback quality IMO.
    I asked Steve Silberman when he was at Roon about this and he laughed and said was all audiophile nonsense. He said their interface has no impact on the sound. That’s why they NEVER said the Nucleus would improve the sound, only the user experience.

However, I think if Roon core is running on a noisy computer, it could indeed have an impact. But in our setting, we hear no differences.

If you want to know what I think SOUNDS the best, it’s still the Aurender. But almost all our DAC’s are Roon enabled, so people want Roon. I use Roon at home and LOVE it. Why? Well, if I’m streaming, I’m already in the “good enough” camp, so what’s one more thing? Pop in a CD and it will beat any redbook streaming no matter what Linux box you’re running. Put a record or a tape on and well...

I asked Steve Silberman when he was at Roon about this and he laughed and said was all audiophile nonsense. He said their interface has no impact on the sound. That’s why they NEVER said the Nucleus would improve the sound, only the user experience.
    Yes, no audio company will accept that others can sound better and at a cheaper price. It's that simple. Its not nonsense Mike, this is something that you really need to dabble in order to realize. The Roon folks didn't believe in theory all these small little things can improve sound and they never will (these are all documented in Roon forums). One thing I learned all these years is theory just goes out the door when it comes to computer based audio.

However, I think if Roon core is running on a noisy computer, it could indeed have an impact. But in our setting, we hear no differences.
    No, these are not cheap noisy computers and laptops. They are much more than Nucleus+ (which is basically an i7 NUC) is ever capable of and powered by world class power supply, like PH SR7, etc.

If you want to know what I think SOUNDS the best, it’s still the Aurender. But almost all our DAC’s are Roon enabled, so people want Roon. I use Roon at home and LOVE it. Why? Well, if I’m streaming, I’m already in the “good enough” camp, so what’s one more thing?
    Yes, there is absolutely no question when it comes to convenience of Roon - they are still leading the pack. I still use Roon extensively to browse and do most of the listening.

Pop in a CD and it will beat any redbook streaming no matter what Linux box you’re running. Put a record or a tape on and well...

Ahh, yes....this I agree but some says the exact opposite with CD and Digital steaming....

Audioshark

Yes, no audio company will accept that others can sound better and at a cheaper price. It's that simple. Its not nonsense Mike, this is something that you really need to dabble in order to realize. The Roon folks didn't believe in theory all these small little things can improve sound and they never will (these are all documented in Roon forums). One thing I learned all these years is theory just goes out the door when it comes to computer based audio.

No, these are not cheap noisy computers and laptops. They are much more than Nucleus+ (which is basically an i7 NUC) is ever capable of and powered by world class power supply, like PH SR7, etc.

Yes, there is absolutely no question when it comes to convenience of Roon - they are still leading the pack. I still use Roon extensively to browse and do most of the listening.

Ahh, yes....this I agree but some says the exact opposite with CD and Digital steaming....
    The thing is, we have experimented. Ad nauseam. We’ve also had numerous people come in the store to compare their latest whizbang home made computer against an Aurender or Lumin and they get embarrassed.

The Roon Nucleus feeding a DAC via USB is not my favorite, I can see where there is lots of room for improvement here. However, a Roon Nucleus just running Roon core and on the network, where the DAC has a network interface is excellent.

But if it’s in the later configuration mentioned above, as for the software having a sound, I just don’t hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    It is really great software that is continually enhanced. You should give it a try , since it sounds like you already own it.
    I have done but it seems to have the occasional hiccup through my Sooloos. About a few times a day I will get some serious feedback that makes me worry about my speakers. I think I will use it big time when I upgrade my server.

If you want to know what I think SOUNDS the best, it’s still the Aurender. But almost all our DAC’s are Roon enabled, so people want Roon.

Mike, I was at the Audio Lounge in London last week and somehow they had their Aurender on the Roon software as one of the sources. I quizzed the guy there as I thought Aurender was not Roon Ready but there it was controlled by Roon. I still don't know how he did it. Neither did the guy there. What was apparent though was how much better the sound through the Aurender app was vs. Roon app. I was very surprised. May be the Roon app was not optimised in some way. I didn't check the settings but it is a big difference.

If someone can explain the Aurender on Roon that would make Aurender a lot more attractive.

I wish they concentrated more on the audio quality than AI features. Even a simple Innous music server's native player (and other Linux players) beats Roon big time in sound quality. To me, Roon is excellent library manager with sota UI and that's about it. After 1.3 release couple of yrs back, their foremost goal has been mass adoption. I don't see an issue with their business model, its just they aren't interested anymore on audio quality which is the sad part.
    Like Mike said: “audiophile nonsense” which is a polite way to say B*.

And that's a typical response from an acknowledged Roon fanatic across multiple forums.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Audioshark

Mike, I was at the Audio Lounge in London last week and somehow they had their Aurender on the Roon software as one of the sources. I quizzed the guy there as I thought Aurender was not Roon Ready but there it was controlled by Roon. I still don't know how he did it. Neither did the guy there. What was apparent though was how much better the sound through the Aurender app was vs. Roon app. I was very surprised. May be the Roon app was not optimised in some way. I didn't check the settings but it is a big difference.

If someone can explain the Aurender on Roon that would make Aurender a lot more attractive.
    yes, the aurender does appear as a Roon endpoint on our network as well. To be honest, I have never played music to it to find out if it will work.

A better test is the Lumin U1 because it has a great app and is a Roon endpoint. Our tests concluded: no difference in Sonics.

Audioshark

Deleted. Posted in wrong forum.

yes, the aurender does appear as a Roon endpoint on our network as well. To be honest, I have never played music to it to find out if it will work.

A better test is the Lumin U1 because it has a great app and is a Roon endpoint. Our tests concluded: no difference in Sonics.
    I have also played with the U1 usinf its own app and Roon and heard no difference which is why i was surprised when there was such a big difference between the Aurender App and Roon. Mainly i was more surprised that Roon supported the Aurender. AFAIK Aurender do not market this as a capability which is puzzling?

Edit. I found a thread on Audiogon which states that the Aurender can only be used as a Roon endpoint using Airplay which limits it to 16 bit 44khz. That might explain the SQ discrepancy.

Well, I was one of the early lifetime sub adopters, and I did so to avoid being caught missing out before a price increase.

As far as sound quality is concerned, my former Aurender N10 sounded better than my souped-up Mac Mini i7, but a recent change in DACs has flipped that script. I've also found that Roon's sound quality has generally gotten better over the years.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI Clearaudio Innovation Wood/Kuzma 4Point/Ortofon A95> ASR Basis Exclusive HV---->

Digital: Antipodes CX (Oladra Upgrade)> Cary DMS-600 DAC/Streamer---->
    ...........Cary 306 SACD Professional Disc Player---->

===> Cary SLP-05 (Ultimate Upgrade edition)----> Clayton M-300----> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES/REL 212SX x2

[Synergistic Research/Nordost/Wireworld/Furutech/SRA/Adona/Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Just a thought, but maybe the differences in sound quality opinion are in some way related to whether or not you are using a Roon Ready renderer independent of the Roon Core computer, or whether or not you are having Roon do any audio processing. I would be less surprised to hear opinions on the sound quality if making use of DSP or other processing, or if not using a Roon Ready renderer.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, JMF Audio, JVC, Kaleidescape, LG, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, RME, Samsung, Soulution, STAX, Trinnov, Vivid Audio, Weiss & more.

Lots of good information on Roon 1.7 So far I'm liking the improvements on Roon. Now if Apple could just stabilize their software.

Audioshark

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KeXL_j...ature=youtu.be

Deja Vu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    And that's a typical response from an acknowledged Roon fanatic across multiple forums.
    Roon envy anyone?

Playing around a little just to see the affects on the server. I am trying using the Roon playback engine. I turned off HQPlayer completely and I turned off all DSP processing in Roon. Basically playing everything in the resolution of the files themselves.

A couple early on observations. Everything sounds wonderful. I can see what Jon was saying about T+A PCM processing. It is outstanding. Playing the DSD512 albums I have are maybe even better then processing them through HQPlayer. I have five albums in DSD512 now. They are all pretty spectacular, as are the other DSD levels, owning many DSD64, DSD128, and DSD256.

The biggest observation is that the server is not working, at all. Playing David Elias in DSD512 and the CPU usage is from 1%-4%, in other words, not even being tasked. Just cruising... maybe this is allowing the music to sound even better . Obviously HQPlayer really is a resource hog .

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

I have owned several Aurenders including an N10 and W20. I now run Roon Server on a Xeon-based PC feeding a Sonore ultraRendu. I have also invested in good power supplies. My current setup sounds MUCH better than the W20. Others may have different experiences.

I also prefer the Roon UI and all the information it brings to the user. The Aurender software is poor, at best. I really can’t believe they haven’t invested more in that.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    I have owned several Aurenders including an N10 and W20. I now run Roon Server on a Xeon-based PC feeding a Sonore ultraRendu. I have also invested in good power supplies. My current setup sounds MUCH better than the W20. Others may have different experiences.

I also prefer the Roon UI and all the information it brings to the user. The Aurender software is poor, at best. I really can’t believe they haven’t invested more in that.
    Have you tried the updated version. It doesn’t have the Roon features but as a simple GUI for playback it seemed very easy to use.

Have you tried the updated version. It doesn’t have the Roon features but as a simple GUI for playback it seemed very easy to use.
    I no longer own a W20 so I can’t try it. If one likes all the information that Roon brings it is hard to lose that.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

Well I didn’t renew my Roon subscription. I found that because of the frequent thunderstorms we have had this year I turned my computer off too many times and it was a pain to crank it up every time I wanted to listen to music. The LUMIN app was used more often than the Roon.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Well I didn’t renew my Roon subscription. I found that because of the frequent thunderstorms we have had this year I turned my computer off too many times and it was a pain to crank it up every time I wanted to listen to music. The LUMIN app was used more often than the Roon.
    I am not sure I understand your rationalization. I would be more inclined to turn off my stereo system than my laptop when a storm hits.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

It’s a seldom used older desktop that takes 5 minutes to boot up, log in, etc.
    I’m a 90% IPad user and I’m a very impatient person.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

...If you want to know what I think SOUNDS the best, it’s still the Aurender. But almost all our DAC’s are Roon enabled, so people want Roon. I use Roon at home and LOVE it. Why? Well, if I’m streaming, I’m already in the “good enough” camp, so what’s one more thing? Pop in a CD and it will beat any redbook streaming no matter what Linux box you’re running. Put a record or a tape on and well...
    Just to be clear here, do you mean streaming from an Internet service, or from a home NAS-based network, or either?
    Rob
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;
    Adona rack, ​​​​​Stillpoints, IsoPods, ASC, GIK Acoustics accessories

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Roon lifetime price increase to 9