Roon lifetime price increase to $699 - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Auburn, Washington USA
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699



    Lots of good information on Roon 1.7 So far I'm liking the improvements on Roon. Now if Apple could just stabilize their software.
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond (wall to amp) Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    ADD-POWR EkectraCkear, Symphony/Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)


  2. #32
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    24,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KeXL_j...ature=youtu.be


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Auburn, Washington USA
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Deja Vu
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond (wall to amp) Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    ADD-POWR EkectraCkear, Symphony/Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)


  4. Likes Mike liked this post
  5. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    And that's a typical response from an acknowledged Roon fanatic across multiple forums.
    Roon envy anyone?

  6. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Nipomo, CA
    Posts
    3,516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699

    Playing around a little just to see the affects on the server. I am trying using the Roon playback engine. I turned off HQPlayer completely and I turned off all DSP processing in Roon. Basically playing everything in the resolution of the files themselves.

    A couple early on observations. Everything sounds wonderful. I can see what Jon was saying about T+A PCM processing. It is outstanding. Playing the DSD512 albums I have are maybe even better then processing them through HQPlayer. I have five albums in DSD512 now. They are all pretty spectacular, as are the other DSD levels, owning many DSD64, DSD128, and DSD256.

    The biggest observation is that the server is not working, at all. Playing David Elias in DSD512 and the CPU usage is from 1%-4%, in other words, not even being tasked. Just cruising... maybe this is allowing the music to sound even better . Obviously HQPlayer really is a resource hog .
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | T+A AMP 8 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special | Ortofon 2M Bronze | SimAudio 110LP v2 | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Furman Elite 15i | Burmester Audio Car System | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4

  7. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699

    I have owned several Aurenders including an N10 and W20. I now run Roon Server on a Xeon-based PC feeding a Sonore ultraRendu. I have also invested in good power supplies. My current setup sounds MUCH better than the W20. Others may have different experiences.

    I also prefer the Roon UI and all the information it brings to the user. The Aurender software is poor, at best. I really can’t believe they haven’t invested more in that.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 MK2 DAC, Oppo UDP-203;

  8. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699

    Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    I have owned several Aurenders including an N10 and W20. I now run Roon Server on a Xeon-based PC feeding a Sonore ultraRendu. I have also invested in good power supplies. My current setup sounds MUCH better than the W20. Others may have different experiences.

    I also prefer the Roon UI and all the information it brings to the user. The Aurender software is poor, at best. I really can’t believe they haven’t invested more in that.
    Have you tried the updated version. It doesn’t have the Roon features but as a simple GUI for playback it seemed very easy to use.
    Avid Acutus SME V Benz Lp-S
    Clearaudio Master Innovation Thales Simplicity Orotofon Anna
    CH Precision C1 Meridian Sooloos
    Audio Research ref 2 Phono

  9. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699

    Quote Originally Posted by Howiebrou View Post
    Have you tried the updated version. It doesn’t have the Roon features but as a simple GUI for playback it seemed very easy to use.
    I no longer own a W20 so I can’t try it. If one likes all the information that Roon brings it is hard to lose that.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 MK2 DAC, Oppo UDP-203;

  10. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699

    Well I didnít renew my Roon subscription. I found that because of the frequent thunderstorms we have had this year I turned my computer off too many times and it was a pain to crank it up every time I wanted to listen to music. The LUMIN app was used more often than the Roon.
    Larry


    Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

  11. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milford, MI
    Posts
    3,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Roon lifetime price increase to $699

    Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Well I didn’t renew my Roon subscription. I found that because of the frequent thunderstorms we have had this year I turned my computer off too many times and it was a pain to crank it up every time I wanted to listen to music. The LUMIN app was used more often than the Roon.
    I am not sure I understand your rationalization. I would be more inclined to turn off my stereo system than my laptop when a storm hits.
    Jim

    D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast