Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

New X1 cannot connect to Roon

Hi Gang,

First post here looking for some help. I have been using Roon with an Innuos Zenith MK3 for a couple of months without issue, however the app will not connect to the X1. Roon is enabled on the X1, the X on my network and streaming Tidal but the Roon app just continually searches for a compatible device. I've tried a factory reset of the X, I tried to manually enter the IP address in the roon app..., nadda. Any Ideas?

Also where in the world can I find a complete instruction manual?! Mine came with a quick start guide and safety warning and that's all I can find online as well...

Thanks

Re: New X1 cannot connect to Roon

Welcome to the Forum fellow NW member.

In Roons setup you have to disable your old Innous and activate the new piece. Have you looked as to what Roon has as the primary device.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    Welcome to the Forum fellow NW member.

In Roons setup you have to disable your old Innous and activate the new piece. Have you looked as to what Roon has as the primary device.
    I can't get past the initial roon startup screen, just keeps searching. With some searching I'm now wondering if I misunderstood what Roon Ready is versus Roon Core. An actual instruction manual sure would help!

https://community.roonlabs.com/

You can find what information you need in the above website.
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    https://community.roonlabs.com/

You can find what information you need in the above website.
    Got it, I need Roon Core, missed the "minor" detail. Thanks

Next question: I only had a few minutes with the X1 last night but I was playing around with up-sampling streaming from Tidal. Everything came through as 44.1/16bit no matter what sampling I chose. It did stop the song and start over but the display remained unchanged. What am I missing?

Again, an actual manual would do wonders...

http://www.luminmusic.com/index.html

Look and read under the support area.

Thanks, I did read that but it doesn't explain why a 44.1 file doesn't change when I up-sample it.

The Instructions are horrible.

I think you can solve the problem by entering the configuration. Good Luck

Maybe if you list your setup and how you have the X1 and other streaming devices in your system. It may help in clearing up your issues.

Not much to it: Tidal--X1 (using optical) --Rogue Audio Medusa--Raidho XT-1

Tonight I'll try to install Roon Core on my PC but that's it, no other devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
    Thanks, I did read that but it doesn't explain why a 44.1 file doesn't change when I up-sample it.
    If you change Lumin X1 setting to upsample 44.1kHz to DSD128, you should see "DSD<FLAC" in the front panel or "44.1kHz(5.6MHz)" in the Lumin app. Note that this works for Tidal music added to Lumin playlist and you use Lumin app to play it. Using Tidal app with AirPlay is not preferred (other than a different way of browsing and adding favorites to your account).

When you got the Roon Core setup, please disable Lumin internal re-sampling and only use Roon DSP engine to upsample, and Enable Parallelize Sigma Delta Modulator in Roon DSP setting.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks wklie. I understand that you are the Lumin man to know!

I have my first real make or break issue: I’m running XLR out straight into a Rogue Audio Medusa. For the last 48 hours I’ve been burning in the new speakers and it already sounds great. But it was my understanding that I could use the RCA out to feed a sub? When i try to do so I get a very loud hum emanating from the left or right speaker depending on which RCA I use. As a matter of fact, all I have to do is touch my finger to the plug and I get the same thing. Can I not use the RCA out’s while using the XLR’s?

Thank you for your time

This is a ground loop issue, but I don't know how this can be solved as it is setup specific.

Lumin analog XLR output and analog RCA output are not meant to be connected simultaneously. This is especially true for X1 / S1 / A1 / T1.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Darn, I was afraid you were going to say that. Thanks for your help

WKLIE, using the Lumin app for playback, is there a way to initiate crossfade between tracks in my play list? I didn’t see anything related to it in the App How To.

I’d send you a PM but I’m unable to until I hit 10 posts.

Thank you

No, Lumin does not support crossfade. You may try other compatible software that does this, e.g. Roon.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

New X1 cannot connect to Roon