New X1 cannot connect to Roon - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New X1 cannot connect to Roon

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
    Thanks, I did read that but it doesn't explain why a 44.1 file doesn't change when I up-sample it.
    If you change Lumin X1 setting to upsample 44.1kHz to DSD128, you should see "DSD<FLAC" in the front panel or "44.1kHz(5.6MHz)" in the Lumin app. Note that this works for Tidal music added to Lumin playlist and you use Lumin app to play it. Using Tidal app with AirPlay is not preferred (other than a different way of browsing and adding favorites to your account).

When you got the Roon Core setup, please disable Lumin internal re-sampling and only use Roon DSP engine to upsample, and Enable Parallelize Sigma Delta Modulator in Roon DSP setting.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks wklie. I understand that you are the Lumin man to know!

I have my first real make or break issue: Iím running XLR out straight into a Rogue Audio Medusa. For the last 48 hours Iíve been burning in the new speakers and it already sounds great. But it was my understanding that I could use the RCA out to feed a sub? When i try to do so I get a very loud hum emanating from the left or right speaker depending on which RCA I use. As a matter of fact, all I have to do is touch my finger to the plug and I get the same thing. Can I not use the RCA outís while using the XLRís?

Thank you for your time

Post Thanks / Like

This is a ground loop issue, but I don't know how this can be solved as it is setup specific.

Lumin analog XLR output and analog RCA output are not meant to be connected simultaneously. This is especially true for X1 / S1 / A1 / T1.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Darn, I was afraid you were going to say that. Thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like

WKLIE, using the Lumin app for playback, is there a way to initiate crossfade between tracks in my play list? I didn’t see anything related to it in the App How To.

I’d send you a PM but I’m unable to until I hit 10 posts.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

No, Lumin does not support crossfade. You may try other compatible software that does this, e.g. Roon.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2