Incoming: Luxman 505UXII - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Incoming: Luxman 505UXII

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Tried out the Headphone section last night. I only listened to one disk, but it was really nice to have this ability back in a main system. Also interesting that plugging in does not auto switch the speakers off, you have to manually do that. Not sure why anyone would want speakers on if they are listening via headphones.

Can anyone tell me the proper setup for HT Bypass? The manual is not written very well and does not mention HT Bypass as a feature although it can be done.

I am reading that I should go from HT Front Out to Luxman Main In, then toggle the Separate Switch but not 100% sure.
    HT Bypass:

Use of separate function:

Allows external HT pre-amp to integrate into system so that Luxman 505uXII amplifier drives front speakers during HT playback.
    Connection: Connect FRONT LEFT and FRONT RIGHT output from suitable HT pre-amp to MAIN IN LEFT and MAIN IN RIGHT

Behavior:

With SEPARATE function set to OFF, unit performs as follows:
    Unit acts as integrated unit where all source signals from internal 505uXII pre-amp are passed to 505uXII amplifier.
    MAIN IN connections DO NOT pass connected HT pre-amp signal to 505uXII amplifier.

With SEPARATE function set to ON, unit performs as follows:
    Unit acts as a separate pre-amplifier AND separate power amplifier
    PRE OUT terminal supplies 505uXII sources to external amplifier (if connected)
    MAIN IN connections pass connected HT pre-amp signal to 505uXII amplifier.

**Note: PRE OUT terminals always supply signal REGARDLESS of SEPARATE function setting, this allows for bi-amping if desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, just making sure before flipping that switch. I now have to run the setup on the HT.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel 1072 CDP / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > JM Labs Tantal 509s > Tara Labs Cables

Post Thanks / Like

"[...Didn't you order the Gryphon?...]"

Changed my mind. I liked how the int 60 sounded so much I decided to go with the int 250. They don't sound exactly alike but the int 250 seems to have the same sweet Pass personality of the int 60 with a few more things added like the extended top and tight bottom end...among some other things.

I remembered how superb the int 60 sounded. Then we plugged in an MSB Discrete DAC/streamer with optional (2nd) power chord.....E
    cstasy! I'm taking a bit of a gamble as I've not auditioned the int 250, just the int 60. But after visiting with Mike and Kent English at Pass Labs at length about both the int 60 and int 250 I now feel pretty confident in my choice. I know if by some chance I didn't like the int 250, Mike would bend over backwards to help me have a satisfactory outcome. I really do not anticipate that will be necessary.

If I purchased the D300 I wouldn't be able to afford the MSB. I really think the MSB is worth it. Plus, I remembered how good that Pass sounded. My ears really like that smooth, warm, Pass personality. Add the MSB, decision made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    "[...Didn't you order the Gryphon?...]"

Changed my mind. I liked how the int 60 sounded so much I decided to go with the int 250. They don't sound exactly alike but the int 250 seems to have the same sweet Pass personality of the int 60 with a few more things added like the extended top and tight bottom end...among some other things.

I remembered how superb the int 60 sounded. Then we plugged in an MSB Discrete DAC/streamer with optional (2nd) power chord.....E
    cstasy! I'm taking a bit of a gamble as I've not auditioned the int 250, just the int 60. But after visiting with Mike and Kent English at Pass Labs at length about both the int 60 and int 250 I now feel pretty confident in my choice. I know if by some chance I didn't like the int 250, Mike would bend over backwards to help me have a satisfactory outcome. I really do not anticipate that will be necessary.

If I purchased the D300 I wouldn't be able to afford the MSB. I really think the MSB is worth it. Plus, I remembered how good that Pass sounded. My ears really like that smooth, warm, Pass personality. Add the MSB, decision made.
    Wow, I must have missed all that along the way. I'm sure you will have an awesome system in the end. Can't wait to hear about it when it comes together.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel 1072 CDP / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > JM Labs Tantal 509s > Tara Labs Cables

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4