Replacing Amp - Where In-Wall Volume Controls are NOT Wired to Speakers - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Replacing Amp - Where In-Wall Volume Controls are NOT Wired to Speakers

Yeah, I'm coming to the conclusion that if I want to replace the amp and continue to use the in-wall volume controls, so re-wiring will be necessary :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Was their attempt to force you stay a part of their "family."
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Supratek Chardonnay, Van Alstine Vision SET 400, Reynaud Abcisse Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC's & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of connection do the external volume controls use? Bose still has products for that type of install listed on the Bose pro audio web site, and there's also stuff like this C2G Compact Amplifier with External Volume Control that works the way you described but uses what looks like an RJ45 connection.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, Acoustic Zen, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Dirac, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, Prism Sound, RME, STAX, Trinnov, & more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Neko, I'll take another stroll thru the Bose products :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2