Magico M3 vs Focal.... - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magico M3 vs Focal....

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan View Post
    If you still want audiophile 2 channel, while keeping a HT set up, get a Bryston SP3 or SP4. Best of both worlds
    If considering a Bryston SP-4, I think it would be wise to also look at a Trinnov Altitude16.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, Acoustic Zen, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Dirac, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, Prism Sound, RME, STAX, Trinnov, & more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for chiming in with helpful insight and suggestions. After spending an afternoon with the M3, I have a better understanding of the characteristic sound that Magico does so well and that is to represent the natural sounds, conveying voices and instruments in such a precise, coherent, and dynamic manner; in short a level of realism not found in other speakers. Overall a good session and adding more reference to my repertoire. I've got some thinking to do...

Post Thanks / Like

I read something somewhere within the last whatever, where 10 of the pre-eminent HiFi reviewers listed their top 10 high-end speakers. 9 of them had Magico M3 in their list.

I own M3. Bass is not wanting. I also have S-Sub, bass is not wanting even more!

4. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong speakers but are people comparing apples to apples?

The Focal Stella Utopia III EVO cost 50k euro for a pair.
    The Magico M3 costs 109k euro for a pair.

That is a HUGE price gap.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of which, my room is almost the same size as Redphu's, and the M2s are working perfectly for me.

But Mike has greater experience with all of these speakers in different size rooms, so I defer to his judgment.
    Jon

7. Likes the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@VT Skier

Can you describe your experience at choosing the M2 as the ones to purchase. What kind of music do you listen to and do you plan on using a sub in the future? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to listen to a Focal Maestro Utopia EVO yesterday.

20191123_162234_HDR~2.jpg

Even driven by a set of Nagra HD preamp and monos, the midrange richness/fullness was wanting and the treble a bit too prominent.
    I think even the Magico or YG acoustics which are said to be rather neutral can better it in this aspect.

However I have to declare conflict of interest : I am a Magico S5 owner.
    MSB Select Transport & DAC (33 clock ; Mono Powerbases)
    Bespoke Audio passive preamp
    MC2 S1400 mono amps
    PLiXiR and Furman balanced transformers
    Lessloss C-Marc Firewall64

10. Thanks Bob82 thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, Bob82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

the Focal Stella EM Evo is 100k euro for a pair...

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trulyblue View Post
    the Focal Stella EM Evo is 100k euro for a pair...
    Welcome to the forum
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2), Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redphu View Post
    @VT Skier

Can you describe your experience at choosing the M2 as the ones to purchase. What kind of music do you listen to and do you plan on using a sub in the future? Thanks.
    PM sent.
    Jon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast