Suncoast Audio goes to the EXTREME - MBL XTreme Reference System - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suncoast Audio goes to the EXTREME - MBL XTreme Reference System

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What an awesome event you put together, Mike! A question if I may... what are the clear acrylic diffusers on casters along the right side wall?

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Suncoast Audio goes to the EXTREME - MBL XTreme Reference System

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCh View Post
    What an awesome event you put together, Mike! A question if I may... what are the clear acrylic diffusers on casters along the right side wall?
    Thanks Mike. They’re from a company called SMT. I bought eight. Going to get four for my home. The walls have so much absorption and a speaker like MBL works best with bare walls or diffusors, never absorption. So, the SMT diffusors are in front of the absorption panels which are glued to the walls. The SMT diffusors are also on wheels. You can order them with or without wheels. Behind the speakers are plants, again, acting as a diffusor. The front wall is all diffusor so we are good there.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Congrats on a great show! I was tempted to fly in at the last minute but there were no reasonable plane tickets available. I was looking at the Suncoast audio music videos on youtube. There were 2 videos of the same song (Whiskey lullaby) played on Harbeth SHL5 plus and MBL 101e speakers. This is a beautifully recorded song. I know that this song does not have much bass but the midrange sounded sublime on both the speakers. on this video, I honestly could not tell much of a difference on the 2 speakers except for the MBL speakers having a bit more air around the vocals. Could you please comment on how the presentation might be different on these 2 speakers when heard in the store?
    Thanks,
    Anshul

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apdoc2004 View Post
    Mike,

Congrats on a great show! I was tempted to fly in at the last minute but there were no reasonable plane tickets available. I was looking at the Suncoast audio music videos on youtube. There were 2 videos of the same song (Whiskey lullaby) played on Harbeth SHL5 plus and MBL 101e speakers. This is a beautifully recorded song. I know that this song does not have much bass but the midrange sounded sublime on both the speakers. on this video, I honestly could not tell much of a difference on the 2 speakers except for the MBL speakers having a bit more air around the vocals. Could you please comment on how the presentation might be different on these 2 speakers when heard in the store?
    Thanks,
    Anshul
    Thanks. We would have loved to have had you visit. You need to come anyway. Don’t wait too long.

The MBL’s and Harbeth’s couldn’t be more different. There is no cabinet with the MBL, so the sound is open and unrestricted and uncolored. The Harbeth is tuned for a resonance frequency which adds a pleasing coloration to the sound. Different flavors for sure.

After playing with the MBL’s and learning a lot, I’ve decided I will eventually bring in the 126 stand mounts along with the Cremona integrated. For ~$20k, that is one hell of a system. The 126’s have the exact same midrange and tweeter as the Xtremes and all the other MBL’s in the line.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

5. Thanks apdoc2004 thanked for this post
    Likes apdoc2004, the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. They’re from a company called SMT. I bought eight. Going to get four for my home. The walls have so much absorption and a speaker like MBL works best with bare walls or diffusors, never absorption. So, the SMT diffusors are in front of the absorption panels which are glued to the walls. The SMT diffusors are also on wheels. You can order them with or without wheels. Behind the speakers are plants, again, acting as a diffusor. The front wall is all diffusor so we are good there.

Thanks Mike. They look like a great solution then!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike.If i were you the administrator I would punish you for a week because you have not clarify that this is non-apt for people with heart problems.Now seriously,congratulations! It is a pleasure for my eyes to this this type of equipment.Thanks for sharing.

Enviado desde mi LG-H930 mediante Tapatalk

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Hi Mike.If i were you the administrator I would punish you for a week because you have not clarify that this is non-apt for people with heart problems.Now seriously,congratulations! It is a pleasure for my eyes to this this type of equipment.Thanks for sharing.

Hahahahaha! Good point. Thank you for the kind words. I hope everyone can come for a listen.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    You have put Sarasota in the audio high-end destination map for the USA. I will definitely take a detour on one of my upcoming trips to stop by for a listen. Congratulations!

10. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, the professor liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    Mike,
    You have put Sarasota in the audio high-end destination map for the USA. I will definitely take a detour on one of my upcoming trips to stop by for a listen. Congratulations!
    Thank you and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahahaha! Good point. Thank you for the kind words. I hope everyone can come for a listen.

Thank you Mike. It will be a great pleasure.Regards

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast