Suncoast Audio goes to the EXTREME - MBL XTreme Reference System

I'll come to New York for the weekend and babysit. :)

Although both of us at Mikes at the same time would be AWESOME!

It would take me a couple days just going thru your amp collection.

If I could put mom in storage, I’m there. :blush:

I’m the only dealer in North America, yes, with the MBL 101 XTreme Reference System. If someone in NA wants to hear it, a trip to Sarasota Florida in the winter is the ticket! Not a bad place to visit.

I’ve closed the doors for the day, and I’m all alone in the store tonight listening to this incredible system.

It’s truly a system that allows you to get lost in the music.

a1be1e5befcda90ddcc2fb1ff195fedb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike,
What kind of purple lighting is that?

I have special lights in the store that work off an app on my iPhone!

Are they like Philips Hue? I like the fact that they change the mood of the room.

I’m the only dealer in North America, yes, with the MBL 101 XTreme Reference System. If someone in NA wants to hear it, a trip to Sarasota Florida in the winter is the ticket! Not a bad place to visit.

I’ve closed the doors for the day, and I’m all alone in the store tonight listening to this incredible system.

Dam, I would have a hard time going home. Certainly has to make it easy to "go to work" each day :D.... They look simply amazing... I watched a video a couple years ago about how these are built. MBL simply amazes me. I definitely have a soft spot for German gear.

Congrats! Just getting spine tingles from the pics!!

Wasn't there a dealer in Arizona at one point that had these?

Thanks Mike. They’re from a company called SMT. I bought eight. Going to get four for my home. The walls have so much absorption and a speaker like MBL works best with bare walls or diffusors, never absorption. So, the SMT diffusors are in front of the absorption panels which are glued to the walls. The SMT diffusors are also on wheels. You can order them with or without wheels. Behind the speakers are plants, again, acting as a diffusor. The front wall is all diffusor so we are good there.

Nice!!! Out of pure curiosity, have you tried the SMTs behind the speakers instead of the plants?

Congrats! Just getting spine tingles from the pics!!

Wasn't there a dealer in Arizona at one point that had these?

Just the speakers, not the electronics, as far as I’ve been told.

After playing with the MBL’s and learning a lot, I’ve decided I will eventually bring in the 126 stand mounts along with the Cremona integrated. For ~$20k, that is one hell of a system. The 126’s have the exact same midrange and tweeter as the Xtremes and all the other MBL’s in the line.

The 126s are incredible. For those that like open sound, 126s kills electrostatics, panels, and the like, until one goes to better MBL model.

And if you are going all out, the MBL center channel is phenomenal as well. Your home theater customers will forever be grateful. :)

The 126s are incredible. For those that like open sound, 126s kills electrostatics, panels, and the like, until one goes to better MBL model.

And if you are going all out, the MBL center channel is phenomenal as well. Your home theater customers will forever be grateful. :)

Agreed. I have the 120’s, 101e mk2’s and Xtremes. We had the 111F’s in the store as well. I can only imagine a home theater - 5.1 or 7.1 with MBL. Would be incredible.

Agreed. I have the 120’s, 101e mk2’s and Xtremes. We had the 111F’s in the store as well. I can only imagine a home theater - 5.1 or 7.1 with MBL. Would be incredible.

Awesome! People will shiiit their pants!

So how much better are the Xtremes than the 101s?

Awesome! People will shiiit their pants!

So how much better are the Xtremes than the 101s?

It’s one of those times you hear a speaker and go “yeah, they cost almost four times as much, but yeah, they are at least four times better.” Someone asked me the other day, I said, the 101’s are like driving a Porsche Boxster and thinking “this is the shiit”. Then someone hands you the keys to a Porsche 918. Game over.

It’s one of those times you hear a speaker and go “yeah, they cost almost four times as much, but year, those are four times better.” Someone asked me the other day, I said, the 101’s are like driving a Porsche Boxster and thinking “this is the shiit”. Then someone hands you the keys to a Porsche 918. Game over.

Yes, I only heard these at shows but what you say is a perfect way to put it.

Setup wise, how close do you need to get the speakers to the wall? the subwoofer stack distance to the wall? the speakers to the subwoofers distance?

Yes, I only heard these at shows but what you say is a perfect way to put it.

Setup wise, how close do you need to get the speakers to the wall? the subwoofer stack distance to the wall? the speakers to the subwoofers distance?

31 inches or MORE from any wall, measured from the CENTER of the speaker.

Distance from subs to speakers is fully adjustable on the subs.

31 inches or MORE from any wall, measured from the CENTER of the speaker.

Distance from subs to speakers is fully adjustable on the subs.

Thank you. How long did it take for the MBL team to set it up/ dial in?

And also, how big is the sweet spot? How does it sound in and out of the sweet spot?

Congrats again!!!!

Back