Pass Labs Int-60 gain setting jumper
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Pass Labs Int-60 gain setting jumper

Hi

According to Stereophile review of the Pass INT-60, there should be a jumper setting to increase gain from 29dB to 35dB. Can anybody point out where this jumper is located on the PCB? Is there any negative effect to the sound quality if gain were set to 35 dB instead of the default 29dB ?

thanks

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pass Labs Int-60 gain setting jumper

Interesting question. I own one and have never heard of the feature.

What’s the benefit, should it play louder at the 35 db setting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono cable/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono section/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Pass Labs is very responsive to questions of this nature. I suspect this modification lowers the input sensitivity required to produce full output, but that's only a guess.
    Rob

Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod
    Pass Labs INT60
    Daedalus Audio Ulysses v.2
    REL S3
    Daedalus/Wywires and Acoustic Zen cables
    Torus IS5

Post Thanks / Like

If you want the most correct/complete answer, call Pass Labs customer support (Kent English).

Post Thanks / Like

If you raise the gain on the INT-60 you will decrease the volume control travel on sources with higher than normal output level especially if using the Balanced inputs.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, PS Audio BHK preamp, Mystere PA-11, Reynaud Abcisse Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC's & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

The mono blocks has the same jumper for the same reason. I once had it set to the higher gain to achieve a higher volume play back at the same volume setting. Now I have it back. The higher gain setting can also increase noise.
    George
    -----------------------

Custom C.A.P.S. Reference Music Server with UpTone Audio JS-2 External Linear Power Supply > Aqua La Voce S3 R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-20 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Summit X Speakers