JSQT's System - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JSQT's System

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: JSQT's System

I absolutely love your setup. Great photos too!
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2), Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

2. Thanks JSQT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I absolutely love your setup. Great photos too!
    Thanks Joe! It is sounding better than ever now, I just started using AQ XLRs from the Hugo TT2 into the Rhumba Extreme so I could keep my Wireworld RCAs permanently running into the CL-40 for easy preamp swapping. And Ohno RCAs from the pre into the MQ88-uSE. Just waiting now for the TWL speaker cables. All of the cable swapping today has really cleaned up the overall sound.
    PRIMARY 2 CH SYSTEM: Backert Labs Rhumba Extreme preamp w/Mazda Cifte 12AU7 tubes; (2) Luxman MQ-88uSE monoblock config; Innuos Zen MK III; Chord Hugo M Scaler; Chord Hugo TT2; Volti Audio Rivals; Triode Wire Labs American Speaker cables; WireWorld ethernet, USB, BNC, interconnects, Transparent High Performance power cables; IsoTek EVO3 Corvus conditioner
    OFFICE 2 CH SYSTEM: Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II w/Cifte 12AU7 preamp tube; Luxman DA-06 DAC; Klipsch La Scala II; JL Audio e112; Auralic Aries
    LUXMAN EYECANDY COLLECTION: Luxman CL-40 Valve Preamp; Luxman C1010 preamp; Luxman M2000

4. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really nice room and setup, pics are great as well as the gear. Love seeing the BL there. I bet the synergy between the 3 main pieces are awesome.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel 1072 CDP / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > JM Labs Tantal 509s > Tara Labs Cables

6. Thanks JSQT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Really nice room and setup, pics are great as well as the gear. Love seeing the BL there. I bet the synergy between the 3 main pieces are awesome.
    Thanks Brian - yes it is great to be able to alternate between the Rhumba Extreme and the CL40. As I mentioned in another post, they are both VERY different sounds. I would say I listen to the Rhumba Extreme about 80% of the time. But on some jazz songs, Chick Corea, Pat Metheny (especially his solo acoustic covers record "What It's All About") that CL40 has some kind of magic - it's nowhere near as refined as the BL but it just jumps into the room like a hologram. The synergy has definitely been a long work in progress. I've gone through tons of equipment to get to where I am now, and each component has to either get me closer to the SOUND I'm ultimately chasing, and if it doesn't work in the system, it isn't the right piece of equipment. I'd say at this point I'm very nearly there.
    PRIMARY 2 CH SYSTEM: Backert Labs Rhumba Extreme preamp w/Mazda Cifte 12AU7 tubes; (2) Luxman MQ-88uSE monoblock config; Innuos Zen MK III; Chord Hugo M Scaler; Chord Hugo TT2; Volti Audio Rivals; Triode Wire Labs American Speaker cables; WireWorld ethernet, USB, BNC, interconnects, Transparent High Performance power cables; IsoTek EVO3 Corvus conditioner
    OFFICE 2 CH SYSTEM: Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II w/Cifte 12AU7 preamp tube; Luxman DA-06 DAC; Klipsch La Scala II; JL Audio e112; Auralic Aries
    LUXMAN EYECANDY COLLECTION: Luxman CL-40 Valve Preamp; Luxman C1010 preamp; Luxman M2000

8. Likes Shadowfax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice system and room. Enjoy the music in good health.

Mike

10. Thanks JSQT thanked for this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking good Jeremy. Great amp and DAC! Those speakers must be making some sweet music.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

12. Thanks JSQT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike & Mike

I need to figure out a way to keep this system exactly as it is, because it sounds amazing. I found myself today almost ready to pull the trigger on the very last remaining MQ-88uSE in the Luxman warehouse to run monos and then sat down to listen to what I had and say what the hell am I thinking, LOL. Not to say it's end game... but I really need to take a breather and enjoy what I have.

Funny story though, the TWL speaker cables arrived today and my wife was reading the insert mailing from Pete. "Did you read this??" she said. "It says here you have to keep them off the floor! How are you going to elevate them? You can't use them on the floor can you? And you have to separate them by at least 6 inches from your other wires - they aren't parallel with any other cables are they?"

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't already have cable risers and want something that is cheap yet effective go to Lowes and look for the rebar chairs. Fifty cents a piece.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/4-33-in-x-4...Chairs/4070207

Another option. This guys been around a while.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiophile-...AAAOSw3dtasaMr
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, PS Audio BHK preamp and 250 amp, Reynaud Abcisse Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC's & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

15. Thanks JSQT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, Jeremey. Very well thought out. I know you'll enjoy it.

Your neighbor to the south,
    GSOphile

17. Thanks JSQT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Very nice, Jeremey. Very well thought out. I know you'll enjoy it.

Your neighbor to the south,
    GSOphile
    Thanks neighbor! I lived in Greensboro for about 8 years (went to GBO College in the 90s). Great town!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast