Vehicle purchase considerations ............
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Vehicle purchase considerations ............

Next year this lifelong railroader is planning on 'pulling the pin' (46 years come April), anyways 40 of those years I've had the luxury of a company vehicle (current ride, Chevy Traverse LTZ). So, the first thing I need to do when I retire is buy a vehicle.

My vacillation is taking me between SUV/Crossover and a small pick up.

What I'm considering.......

SUV/Crossover

Chevy Traverse or Blazer RS
    Ford Edge ST
    Honda Pilot or Passport
    Porsche Cayenne (CPO)
    Audi SQ5

pick-up's

Honda Ridgeline
    Chevy Colorado
    Toyota Tacoma

Anybody care to share their thoughts on any of these ?
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vehicle purchase considerations ............

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    Next year this lifelong railroader is planning on 'pulling the pin' (46 years come April), anyways 40 of those years I've had the luxury of a company vehicle (current ride, Chevy Traverse LTZ). So, the first thing I need to do when I retire is buy a vehicle.

SUV/Crossover

Ford Edge ST
    Honda Pilot or Passport
    Porsche Cayenne (CPO)
    Audi SQ5

pick-up's

Honda Ridgeline
    Chevy Colorado
    Toyota Tacoma

My wife and I are considering the Honda Pilot. We really like it. You won’t like the ride in any of those pickups. You either need the top Ford F-150 or too Chevy with magnetic ride for a smooth ride. Porsche and Audi are $$$ for repairs and maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post

SUV/Crossover

Ford Edge ST
    Honda Pilot or Passport
    Porsche Cayenne (CPO)
    Audi SQ5

pick-up's

Honda Ridgeline
    Chevy Colorado
    Toyota Tacoma

A few Questions:
    - How many total cars in your family you plan to end up with?
    - aside from the vehicle that you plan to purchase what is the make and model of the other car(s)?
    -you said buying not leasing, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Dave.......Congratulations on your impending retirement. You earned it.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My wife and I are considering the Honda Pilot. We really like it. You won’t like the ride in any of those pickups. You either need the top Ford F-150 or too Chevy with magnetic ride for a smooth ride. Porsche and Audi are $$$ for repairs and maintenance.
    The Ridgeline is a very smooth ride. Likely far better than any big truck no matter the suspension. It drives more like a car.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vortrex View Post
    The Ridgeline is a very smooth ride. Likely far better than any big truck no matter the suspension. It drives more like a car.
    Don’t care for the looks myself. My F-150 Platinum rides amazingly well. Everyone comments about the smooth ride. The base model F-150 was awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    A few Questions:
    - How many total cars in your family you plan to end up with?
    - aside from the vehicle that you plan to purchase what is the make and model of the other car(s)?
    -you said buying not leasing, correct?
    well mama has her Subaru(Outback) and I have my 'toy' ('67 BB Corvette) so my purchase or lease will be my daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Dave.......Congratulations on your impending retirement. You earned it.
    Thank you Dan, yeah April 1, 1974(day I hired out with Penn Central) actually seems like yesterday, my golly how time flies !

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Don’t care for the looks myself. My F-150 Platinum rides amazingly well. Everyone comments about the smooth ride. The base model F-150 was awful.
    Interesting Mike, buddy of mine has a '18 F-150 Platinum and you're right, superb ride but I do not want nor need a full size pick up anymore. In the world of small pick up's with respect to ride quality Honda has NO competition. Vortex is 100% correct, smooth as silk. Will it tow and or haul compared with body on frame construction, of course not, but I don't need that. One other thing, if there's a better N/A V6 out there that surpasses the Honda 3.5, I've yet to see it.

As for the Porsche / Audi thought, well I I just might want one more 'fun' vehicle before I settle down and get practical !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, Congratulations! What kind of driving / hauling do you plan? My friends who have BMW sedans and a crew cab F150, always take the F150 on long drives. Eg up and down I95. If you plan on that and need to still carry loads, a crew cab pickup is perfect. Luxurious in the right trim and comfortable for long trips. If you don’t need to haul things, think take care of a yard, pull horses, race cars etc, an SUV would be even better. But not necessarily ride better than a long wheelbase pickup. My wife and I bought an X5 to meet our needs. It is awesome. Craig
    Main system - Sonus Faber Stradivari, McIntosh C1100 with Stillpoint minis, MC2301s with Stillpont Ultra SS footers, Esoteric K-03X on Stillpoint Ultra SS, Cybershaft Limited OP17 Master Clock on Stillpoint Minis, Shunyata Alpha Clock 75 & Alpha USB Cables, Silenzio by E - Silent PC Media Server, GigaFoil v4, Keces P3, Supra Cat 8+ and Revelation Audio Ethernet cables, Synology NAS. JL Audio CR-1 crossover, JL audio F-113v2 subwoofer, PS Audio P10, Dectet, Power Ports and Noise Harvesters - Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker cables, Silver Eclipse 7 ICs and Silver Elektra 7 PCs, Vicoustics, GIK & Stillpoint Room treatments. Three dedicated 20 Amp lines

TV Room - Revel F52, C32, B&W LM1, McIntosh MX121, McIntosh MC7106, OPPO 103, Sonos Connect / W4S Remedy

Resting - Infinity RS IIa

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Craig, my 'hauling' days are over(race car and snowmobiling no longer) thus the small p/u thought. The Honda Ridgeline is a crew cab and IMO has 'the' most ingenious pick up bed out there not to mention its tailgate.

Truthfully my current company ride (Chevy Traverse) has been a great vehicle, thus the thought of it. Truthfully I have not given the BMW much thought, I will do so !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
    My wife and I bought an X5 to meet our needs. It is awesome. Craig
    Craig, did the two of you look at the X4 M40i ? if so, thoughts ? Granted it appears less utilitarian than the X5 but I assume a better handling / road vehicle. With a back seat that folds down and a rear hatch I would think I would have no trouble loading up my gun gear, especially my gun buggy without issues.
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast