Arguments and Debates
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Arguments and Debates

On occasion threads get hi-jacked or go off course.

I’m only looking for the fun of things and what brings a system to life for the owner.

Real experience, in each persons own setting, knowing the variables associated.

Does it makes sense to start a debate or comment thread and link other threads assuming one may want to comment or debate on going back and forth?

For me, time is limited and I only want to read the very best in ones experience.

Forum Owner, Members Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

2. Likes rrwmd, Kuoppis liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Arguments and Debates

Yes, I agree with you. I like to keep threads on track. Things can quickly get off track. Always best to start a new thread. I do get a chuckle out of some forums, well, one in particular and their constant fighting - it's like the WWF. The thing about Audioshark, is that our members have, for the most part, "been there, done that". We don't need to constantly have a who's got the biggest XXXX fight like those other sites. We are comfortable in our own skin and know that we like what we like and others can like what they like. To me, it's about deciding what is best for you.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

4. Likes kzhtoo, Oly, CPP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 !!!!!!!

IMO, this dynamic just destroys the signal-to-noise ratio of the thread...

those who wish to to go back and forth hotly debating topics that are, at best, only tangentially related to the OP and engaged in for mostly vanity reasons should spare everyone and just get a room.

kanjiroba yak + roon rock > t+a dac 8 dsd > almarro a318b > viking acoustics berlin r mk-ii | alp-tone audio alp.wE cables

Post Thanks / Like

Topics do meander naturally, and get side-tracked. Welcome to the internet and to human nature. In other words, "get over it" . Sure, guiding debates can be a good thing, but it should be done with a gentle touch, if at all.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Post Thanks / Like

If I have personal experience with something, I'm happy to share that. Some people just like to debate theories without any experience. Happens all over. I generally just ignore that stuff. Not coming to forums to fight with people. I very seldom originate threads. It does, however, amaze me that anyone would even listen to someone or on some forums (have not seen it here) just let someone crap on threads and at least indirectly insult people (e.g. implying via their theory that it can't be and the person with experience owning multiple components of the same type in their system can't hear).
    Main System - Lumin U1, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, EVS 1200 Amp, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel Storm III subs
    Back-up 1 - Hegel H190 Integrated Amp/DAC, Integra DPS 6.9 Transport, 2 Richard Gray cond, Ohm Microwalsh Talls, Rel Strata III sub
    Back-up 2 - Sherbourn Pre-1, Mivera PurePowerSE Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, Sumiko S.5 sub

Post Thanks / Like

-----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

9. Likes Darrel, dlb2, rrwmd, CPP liked this post