EtherREGEN on the way! - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

EtherREGEN on the way!

Iím more interested in using Gigafoil in series with EtherRegen with Gigafoil being the last in the chain. I know Uptone says not to, but I guess thatís what all manufacturers would say. I will let my ears be the judge, as always. In my system, EtherRegen will replace my older generation AirPort Extreme. And EtherRegen will be powered by Teddy Pardo LPS. I also have Keces which is already used on Gigafoil.

All the differing opinions aside, Iím excited. Also, as a side note, looking forward to Shunyata Denali 6000T v2 that is rumored to be released in January.

2. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: EtherREGEN on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Adyc View Post
    Just want to confirm that your server is connected to DAC using USB?
    yes
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Luxman 300q power amp Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Iím more interested in using Gigafoil in series with EtherRegen with Gigafoil being the last in the chain. I know Uptone says not to, but I guess thatís what all manufactures would say. I will let my ears be the judge, as always. In my system, EtherRegen will replace my older generation AirPort Extreme. And EtherRegen will be powered by Teddy Pardo LPS. I also have Keces which is already used on Gigafoil.

All the differing opinions aside, Iím excited. Also, as a side note, looking forward to Shunyata Denali 6000T v2 that is rumored to be released in January.
    I would already say without hearing you will have a major step up getting free from Apple.

It will be interesting to see what you hear leaving Gigafoil in place feeding it with etherREGEN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan DíAgostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45ís
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Glšss

5. Likes Mike, kzhtoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems mine will be shipped before or on January 16th. Received an email this morning from Uptone.

Post Thanks / Like

This test of the EtherREGEN might be interesting

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-review.10232/
    hifi:
    power: Audioplan Powerstar, Audioplan Finefilter, Audioplan Powerplant, Powercord
    cd: Creek Destiny
    tube amp: Jadis DA 50 Signature RC
    speaker: Living Voice Avatar 2
    turntable: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 + Ortofon Quintet Black MC
    phono stage: Remton 383 MKII
    cables: Van den Hul MC gold hybrid/Audioplan Musicable bic 7a, Profigold, Wilbrand

home-cinema: Sony blu-ray, Yamaha rx v2700, Heco Metas 700 (4x), Heco center

Post Thanks / Like

EtherREGEN on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by tube-vds View Post

Whoís this amirm guy? Seems he has a ton of time on his hands and an axe to grind.

Note: I only could finish first 20 posts or so.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Whoís this amirm guy? Seems he has a ton of time on his hands and an axe to grind.

Note: I only could finish first 20 posts or so.
    Hahaha. The history of him on another forum is legendary. It was WWF fights daily. Sheer nonsense, even if it was entertaining. As Iíve said before, our members have deep experience (and actual real systems, not pretend, make believe, one day in 30 years when my house is finished systems) and donít need to consistently fight about whoís d*ck is biggest. There is no such thing as ďbestĒ anyway. Itís all personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

10. Likes Kingsrule, Dth31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hahaha. The history of him on another forum is legendary. It was WWF fights daily. Sheer nonsense, even if it was entertaining. As I’ve said before, our members have deep experience (and actual real systems, not pretend, make believe, one day in 30 years when my house is finished systems) and don’t need to consistently fight about who’s d*ck is biggest. There is no such thing as “best” anyway. It’s all personal preference.

Some things never change at the World Boxing Federation.
    VPI Avenger with 12" 3D arm, Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

12. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tube-vds View Post

I've followed all the talk about the EtherRegen both at AS (Audiophile Style) and ASR ( Armin's Audio Science Review). Despite some of the reactions at ASR being hostile and juvenile, I think they raise important issues about the state of AudioNervosastan.

As I've stated above, I heard absolutely nothing in my system with the eR. I may have heard an increase in clarity when using fiber optic, but by the time I was testing that out, I was so thoroughly fatigued by the testing process, I didn't push further. I believe if it was better with fiber, it was the fiber, and had nothing to do with the eR.

My listening was done blind with a friend's help switching back and forth.

The user reports at AS are bordering on ecstatic. I'm happy for them and hope their perceived sonic bliss continues. I don't pretend to know, contrary to the folks at ASR, if they are under a self-inflicted spell of mass delusion, or if there is some technical, reality-based reason for their perceptions. There are no measurements to back up listeners reports that SQ is improved by this switch at the analog output of the DAC.

Amir, at ASR, did some tests and found no differences between the eR switch and his standard switch. To me, this proves one thing-- that he got no measurement to show a difference. It's some data points. On the other hand, Uptone has not provided any measurements to back up their claims. Whatever the case, I don't think Uptone has attempted to peddle snake oil, as some at ASR have accused them of. The ASR crowd is so convinced that an ethernet switch can not possibly make a difference in SQ that they sincerely view anyone who says it can to be either deluded or dishonest.

So we only have user reports of their listening experiences and Amir's data points. I have a hard time accepting sighted user reports when it comes to something like an internet switch. Bottom line, of course, is how something sounds in your system, but I don't think audiophiles as a group spend enough effort eliminating the variables of bias in their listening.

I'm selling my eR to Emile of Taiko Audio and you can be sure he will competently evaluate it. Of anyone I'm aware of in Audio, given his technical knowledge and obsessive attention to detail, I'd be inclined to respect his opinion over about anyone.
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Luxman 300q power amp Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

14. Thanks audio.bill thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, tube-vds liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post
    I've followed all the talk about the EtherRegen both at AS (Audiophile Style) and ASR ( Armin's Audio Science Review). Despite some of the reactions at ASR being hostile and juvenile, I think they raise important issues about the state of AudioNervosastan.

As I've stated above, I heard absolutely nothing in my system with the eR. I may have heard an increase in clarity when using fiber optic, but by the time I was testing that out, I was so thoroughly fatigued by the testing process, I didn't push further. I believe if it was better with fiber, it was the fiber, and had nothing to do with the eR.

My listening was done blind with a friend's help switching back and forth.

The user reports at AS are bordering on ecstatic. I'm happy for them and hope their perceived sonic bliss continues. I don't pretend to know, contrary to the folks at ASR, if they are under a self-inflicted spell of mass delusion, or if there is some technical, reality-based reason for their perceptions. There are no measurements to back up listeners reports that SQ is improved by this switch at the analog output of the DAC.

Amir, at ASR, did some tests and found no differences between the eR switch and his standard switch. To me, this proves one thing-- that he got no measurement to show a difference. It's some data points. On the other hand, Uptone has not provided any measurements to back up their claims. Whatever the case, I don't think Uptone has attempted to peddle snake oil, as some at ASR have accused them of. The ASR crowd is so convinced that an ethernet switch can not possibly make a difference in SQ that they sincerely view anyone who says it can to be either deluded or dishonest.

So we only have user reports of their listening experiences and Amir's data points. I have a hard time accepting sighted user reports when it comes to something like an internet switch. Bottom line, of course, is how something sounds in your system, but I don't think audiophiles as a group spend enough effort eliminating the variables of bias in their listening.

I'm selling my eR to Emile of Taiko Audio and you can be sure he will competently evaluate it. Of anyone I'm aware of in Audio, given his technical knowledge and obsessive attention to detail, I'd be inclined to respect his opinion over about anyone.
    The post of the week!

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast