EtherREGEN on the way! - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: EtherREGEN on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Is this what you bought?

“It is an active line harmonizer that adds a program (algorithm) of a low fundamental frequency along with harmonic overtones directly onto the AC line. The system noise floor will drop as well as add energy to the audio and video reproduced signals.”
    Yes, and a Symphony box that is on the way. According from UltraFast (Ed) they work cumulative to increase detail etc. I haven’t received the Symphony at this time so I’ll report back later.
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond (wall to amp) Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    ADD-POWR EkectraCkear, Symphony/Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)

2. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We shall see. My concern is people buying a switch when they don’t currently use a switch. The best kind of switch is no switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike, is it possible to have networking in your house without a switch? If you are connecting your DAC directly to your server I would think that having an ER feeding your server would be beneficial. For those of us with a configuration that includes a server and an endpoint this would feed the endpoint.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 MK2 DAC, Oppo UDP-203;

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    Mike, is it possible to have networking in your house without a switch? If you are connecting your DAC directly to your server I would think that having an ER feeding your server would be beneficial. For those of us with a configuration that includes a server and an endpoint this would feed the endpoint.
    Sure. Direct from the router.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

5. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have way too many devices to just use the router. Plus, the router is also a switch but I assume you were saying one should avoid “another” switch.

Post Thanks / Like

There are usually a number of problems going direct from consumer-grade routers:

1) the clocks are in generic consumer-grade routers are very cheap and induce clock phase noise, which is audible.

2) the flip-flops for these Ethernet switches are also very cheap, and contribute to the noise carried on top of the analog square waves that comprise digital bitstreams.

3) Most routers are powered by switch-mode power supplies, which are insidious with respect to producing low- and high-impedance AC leakage currents, which contribute significantly to clock phase noise and jitter. The impact of high-impedance leakage currents and their role in inducing clock phase noise and jitter is not well-known as this specific class of leakage currents were not even discovered until October, 2017.

4) The ports on routers typically have low-specification isolation tranformers and leakage currents can "jump" from port to port, contaminating more than one component in the chain.

5) There is no distinction between input and output ports on routers, which means that AC leakage currents can move from an "input" device e.g. a music server to an output device, e.g. a network bridge.

The EtherREGEN is a bespoke Ethernet switch product specifically developed for audio applications that mitigates and obviates these specific problems and source of noise as listed below:

1) the clocks in EtherREGEN are ultra-low-jitter/phase-noise Crystek CCHD-575 oscillators. Importantly, the clock distribution system (for the switch chip, the special Ethernet format conversion chips, and the high-speed flip-flops is run differentially throughout.

2) EtherREGEN has two isolated data/power/clock domains (the A side and the B side; separated by a "moat"). Each isolated domain is re-clocked using 10GHz-capable ultra-low-jitter (less than 0.8 picoseconds) differential flip-flops

3) The power supply for the EtherREGEN is specifically designed to prevent the passage of leakage currennts which induce clock phase noise.

4) the RJ45 module utilizes 12 transformer cores in each port (most Ethernet ports have 2~6 cores), and ground their center-taps through capacitors in a way that blocks port-to-port AC leakage currents.

5) ER uses an Active Differential Isolation Moat (“ADIM™”) that separates the A side (typically the input side)—to its ‘B’ side preventing leakage currents from being passed on to streamers, network bridges, and ultimately, DACs.

All of these specific features, functions and design embodiments are why ER provides notably superior audio quality for digital streaming than a generic, consumer-grade router.

Analogously, its no different than using a Shunyata Denali 6000/T V2 for distributing power vs. an el cheapo Monster power strip.

8. Likes harri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Router is a very noisy device. In my case the addition of an Aqvox greatly improved the sound. I hope my next EtherRegen will do many more. I would never connect my server directly to a router.
    Francisco Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Estéreo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA cables, Göbel Ethernet and USB cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Shunyata Sigma NR (4) and Alfa NR (2) / Kenneth Lau LPS for Router, Uptone LPS 1.2 for AQvox Switch / RevOPods, Stillpoints Ultra SS y Mini / Entreq Poseidon (1) and Olympus Infinity (3) / Entreq Olympus Infinity Cables / Entreq Everest (9).

10. Likes Puma Cat, harri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    The Router is a very noisy device. In my case the addition of an Aqvox greatly improved the sound. I hope my next EtherRegen will do many more. I would never connect my server directly to a router.
    Yes, it is. Particularly if it is powered by a switch-mode power supply.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Puma, you sound like a dealer
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Wow Puma, you sound like a dealer
    No...I'm a scientist. Just doing a lot of research in this area for the last 6 months. Scientists just want to...understand.

Also been doing a lot of research on the impact of "consciousness" on quantum physics, and how a conscious observer can collapse the wave function of light in the classic double-slit experiment with 5 Sigma statistical confidence (the same statistical confidence that was used to demonstrate the detection of the Higgs Boson, which resulted in a Nobel Prize).

14. Likes fizzletop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went wireless a while back and never looked back into wired connections...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast