EtherREGEN on the way! - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: EtherREGEN on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    Hi Mike,
    In my specific configuration, I am effectively using ER as a fiber media convertor; fiber is coming in from the bedroom/study via my Sonore Optical Module where the Roon Core is, going in to the A-side of ER, and then being output through the "clean" B-side.

There is another configuration I may try, which is to put ER in the bedroom study, use it "turned around" as a switch/FMC then run the fiber to the Optical Module in the main rack.

However, I think the first config will be better as its my hypothesis as ER has better clocks than OM.
    We shall see. My concern is people buying a switch when they donít currently use a switch. The best kind of switch is no switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We shall see. My concern is people buying a switch when they don’t currently use a switch. The best kind of switch is no switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. In my case, though, I do need a switch, as I have to network my router, Mac Mini and SOtM all together via some form of Ethernet, either copper or optical, or a combination thereof.

Historically, I've been using the four RJ45 jacks in my router for these "switch" connections, but I could use ER for this, or ER in conjunction with an external switch.

So, at the end of the day, I still need some way to get a "hardwired" LAN connection from my bedroom/study down to my network bridge in the living room. I've been using optical with two FMCs (one a generic one, and the other, an Optical Module aka OM) for this since its considerably easier (and better, and quieter) than doing this with copper Ethernet. I could use another, second, Optical Module, so I had one at both ends, to do this, but this would also require yet another Uptone LPS-1.2 power supply for $435, so its cheaper to use ER than using a second OM. Moreover, ER is more flexible, as I can also experiment with using ER as an actual" switch if that config works better than using it as an FMC."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    Looks to be quite an improvement in small details hidden in recordings. As well as soundstaging. Thanks for the post. I may have to look into one of these.
    Something to think about is your Gigafoil. UpTone does not want to see this in between the etherREGEN and your DAC.

I am not sure what it will do before it, if even needed after this.

Your Keces can power it, but they said that itís not needed.

I donít know the voltage and amps but it is a 2.1 connector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan DíAgostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45ís
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Glšss

Post Thanks / Like

Ed, are you referring to Daryl having a gigafoil?

It will be interesting what you hear, or myself. I think my switch has the same clocks as the ER. As well as other updated parts and LPS. You have a pretty extensive array of audio quality ethernet gear. Anyhow, I was partly suspect of the gigafoil for the exact reason ER says there switch is great. What clocks and converter etc are in the gigafoil. I could understand the concept of isolation. What I did not see in the giafoil was premium ethernet clocking. I assume that and good isolation as well as correct grounding is the key to the Uptone ER.

FWIM. A lot of what Pumma notes I heard when I installed my Linear Solution switch. It was a large step over a regular netgear switch with a LPS feeding it. You heard the same with your Aqvox.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Something to think about is your Gigafoil. UpTone does not want to see this in between the etherREGEN and your DAC.

I am not sure what it will do before it, if even needed after this.

Your Keces can power it, but they said that itís not needed.

I donít know the voltage and amps but it is a 2.1 connector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This stuff is like piecing together a puzzle. Everything has its place. I plan on holding off on any new additions until next year. Shipping any new units from ER won't be until then anyway. And I can use you a sounding board for system changes.

I thought I was getting the Symphony ADDPowR this past Saturday to go along with the ElectraClear module. The Cardas Clear Beyond 2.5m showed up instead. So, I have had a few days listening to the ElectraClear and power cord in my system. I really like what Cardas brings to my system. And with the ELectraClear adding more detailed energy I got to say I'm liking what I have even more. Yesterday was a holiday so I'm thinking the Symphony will show up today. I'm curious as to what if any improvements can come.
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond (wall to amp) Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    ADD-POWR EkectraCkear, Symphony/Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)

Post Thanks / Like

This stuff is like piecing together a puzzle. Everything has its place. I plan on holding off on any new additions until next year. Shipping any new units from ER won't be until then anyway. And I can use you a sounding board for system changes.

I thought I was getting the Symphony ADDPowR this past Saturday to go along with the ElectraClear module. The Cardas Clear Beyond 2.5m showed up instead. So, I have had a few days listening to the ElectraClear and power cord in my system. I really like what Cardas brings to my system. And with the ELectraClear adding more detailed energy I got to say I'm liking what I have even more. Yesterday was a holiday so I'm thinking the Symphony will show up today. I'm curious as to what if any improvements can come.
    Darrel,

What is an ElectraClear module?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Darrel,

Thanks.
    The term "module" is from the instructions on the ElectraClear. It states "Plug the module into any wall socket, or power strip." Sorry if I caused some confusion.
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond (wall to amp) Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    ADD-POWR EkectraCkear, Symphony/Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)

Post Thanks / Like

Darrel,

Thanks.
    https://add-powr.com/products

Look here. I have a symphony and 2 electraclear. One of the best fairly inexpensive adds to my system.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    https://add-powr.com/products

Look here. I have a symphony and 2 electraclear. One of the best fairly inexpensive adds to my system.
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

The term "module" is from the instructions on the ElectraClear. It states "Plug the module into any wall socket, or power strip." Sorry if I caused some confusion.
    Is this what you bought?

“It is an active line harmonizer that adds a program (algorithm) of a low fundamental frequency along with harmonic overtones directly onto the AC line. The system noise floor will drop as well as add energy to the audio and video reproduced signals.”
    VPI Avenger with 12" 3D arm, Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast