Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

EtherREGEN on the way!

I’m more interested in using Gigafoil in series with EtherRegen with Gigafoil being the last in the chain. I know Uptone says not to, but I guess that’s what all manufacturers would say. I will let my ears be the judge, as always. In my system, EtherRegen will replace my older generation AirPort Extreme. And EtherRegen will be powered by Teddy Pardo LPS. I also have Keces which is already used on Gigafoil.

All the differing opinions aside, I’m excited. Also, as a side note, looking forward to Shunyata Denali 6000T v2 that is rumored to be released in January.

Re: EtherREGEN on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Adyc View Post
    Just want to confirm that your server is connected to DAC using USB?
    yes
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    I’m more interested in using Gigafoil in series with EtherRegen with Gigafoil being the last in the chain. I know Uptone says not to, but I guess that’s what all manufactures would say. I will let my ears be the judge, as always. In my system, EtherRegen will replace my older generation AirPort Extreme. And EtherRegen will be powered by Teddy Pardo LPS. I also have Keces which is already used on Gigafoil.

All the differing opinions aside, I’m excited. Also, as a side note, looking forward to Shunyata Denali 6000T v2 that is rumored to be released in January.
    I would already say without hearing you will have a major step up getting free from Apple.

It will be interesting to see what you hear leaving Gigafoil in place feeding it with etherREGEN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Seems mine will be shipped before or on January 16th. Received an email this morning from Uptone.

This test of the EtherREGEN might be interesting

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-review.10232/
    hifi:
    power: Audioplan Powerstar, Audioplan Finefilter, Audioplan Powerplant, Powercord
    tube amp: Jadis DA 50 Signature RC, Line Magnetic 508ia
    speaker: Living Voice Avatar 2
    turntable: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 + Ortofon Quintet Black MC
    phono stage: Remton 383 MKII
    cables: Audioplan Musicable bic 7a, Profigold, Wilbrand

home-cinema: Sony blu-ray, Yamaha rx v2700, Heco Metas 700 (4x), Heco center

EtherREGEN on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by tube-vds View Post

Who’s this amirm guy? Seems he has a ton of time on his hands and an axe to grind.

Note: I only could finish first 20 posts or so.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Who’s this amirm guy? Seems he has a ton of time on his hands and an axe to grind.

Note: I only could finish first 20 posts or so.
    Hahaha. The history of him on another forum is legendary. It was WWF fights daily. Sheer nonsense, even if it was entertaining. As I’ve said before, our members have deep experience (and actual real systems, not pretend, make believe, one day in 30 years when my house is finished systems) and don’t need to consistently fight about who’s d*ck is biggest. There is no such thing as “best” anyway. It’s all personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hahaha. The history of him on another forum is legendary. It was WWF fights daily. Sheer nonsense, even if it was entertaining. As I’ve said before, our members have deep experience (and actual real systems, not pretend, make believe, one day in 30 years when my house is finished systems) and don’t need to consistently fight about who’s d*ck is biggest. There is no such thing as “best” anyway. It’s all personal preference.

Some things never change at the World Boxing Federation.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by tube-vds View Post

I've followed all the talk about the EtherRegen both at AS (Audiophile Style) and ASR ( Armin's Audio Science Review). Despite some of the reactions at ASR being hostile and juvenile, I think they raise important issues about the state of AudioNervosastan.

As I've stated above, I heard absolutely nothing in my system with the eR. I may have heard an increase in clarity when using fiber optic, but by the time I was testing that out, I was so thoroughly fatigued by the testing process, I didn't push further. I believe if it was better with fiber, it was the fiber, and had nothing to do with the eR.

My listening was done blind with a friend's help switching back and forth.

The user reports at AS are bordering on ecstatic. I'm happy for them and hope their perceived sonic bliss continues. I don't pretend to know, contrary to the folks at ASR, if they are under a self-inflicted spell of mass delusion, or if there is some technical, reality-based reason for their perceptions. There are no measurements to back up listeners reports that SQ is improved by this switch at the analog output of the DAC.

Amir, at ASR, did some tests and found no differences between the eR switch and his standard switch. To me, this proves one thing-- that he got no measurement to show a difference. It's some data points. On the other hand, Uptone has not provided any measurements to back up their claims. Whatever the case, I don't think Uptone has attempted to peddle snake oil, as some at ASR have accused them of. The ASR crowd is so convinced that an ethernet switch can not possibly make a difference in SQ that they sincerely view anyone who says it can to be either deluded or dishonest.

So we only have user reports of their listening experiences and Amir's data points. I have a hard time accepting sighted user reports when it comes to something like an internet switch. Bottom line, of course, is how something sounds in your system, but I don't think audiophiles as a group spend enough effort eliminating the variables of bias in their listening.

I'm selling my eR to Emile of Taiko Audio and you can be sure he will competently evaluate it. Of anyone I'm aware of in Audio, given his technical knowledge and obsessive attention to detail, I'd be inclined to respect his opinion over about anyone.
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post
    I've followed all the talk about the EtherRegen both at AS (Audiophile Style) and ASR ( Armin's Audio Science Review). Despite some of the reactions at ASR being hostile and juvenile, I think they raise important issues about the state of AudioNervosastan.

As I've stated above, I heard absolutely nothing in my system with the eR. I may have heard an increase in clarity when using fiber optic, but by the time I was testing that out, I was so thoroughly fatigued by the testing process, I didn't push further. I believe if it was better with fiber, it was the fiber, and had nothing to do with the eR.

My listening was done blind with a friend's help switching back and forth.

The user reports at AS are bordering on ecstatic. I'm happy for them and hope their perceived sonic bliss continues. I don't pretend to know, contrary to the folks at ASR, if they are under a self-inflicted spell of mass delusion, or if there is some technical, reality-based reason for their perceptions. There are no measurements to back up listeners reports that SQ is improved by this switch at the analog output of the DAC.

Amir, at ASR, did some tests and found no differences between the eR switch and his standard switch. To me, this proves one thing-- that he got no measurement to show a difference. It's some data points. On the other hand, Uptone has not provided any measurements to back up their claims. Whatever the case, I don't think Uptone has attempted to peddle snake oil, as some at ASR have accused them of. The ASR crowd is so convinced that an ethernet switch can not possibly make a difference in SQ that they sincerely view anyone who says it can to be either deluded or dishonest.

So we only have user reports of their listening experiences and Amir's data points. I have a hard time accepting sighted user reports when it comes to something like an internet switch. Bottom line, of course, is how something sounds in your system, but I don't think audiophiles as a group spend enough effort eliminating the variables of bias in their listening.

I'm selling my eR to Emile of Taiko Audio and you can be sure he will competently evaluate it. Of anyone I'm aware of in Audio, given his technical knowledge and obsessive attention to detail, I'd be inclined to respect his opinion over about anyone.
    The post of the week!

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Did Amirm test for ground leaks /loops. Did he test for smps noise, in all ways it may manifest itself. Wilcono is right when he said Amirm did "some" test. But did he do all test.

I sometimes find a change as simple as a switch may not jump out as different. Yet I may notice in a couple days I'm playing familiar tracks at a click or 2 higher on my preamp. Each click is 1 db on my preamp, Maybe I notice a sense of fatigue has left. Or, as I start comparing different sources they sound more and more similar. Blind test is one thing. Songs grabbing your attention, making you sit up and listen with rapture is another form of validation changes are moving in the correct direction .

The user reports at AS are bordering on ecstatic.
    Not all the user reports were ecstatic. Some were and some were similar to "there was an improvement/I like it."

When you did your testing did you remove the other switches and Gigafoil? I am asking since those devices could be doing some of the same things that the EtherREGEN is supposed to be doing. Thus, for you, the eR could be redundant.

I bought an eR and it replaced a standard switch. I felt that the noise floor was lowered. It wasn't night and day but I plan on keeping it. I also have a very simple setup (server PC to eR to Sonore endpoint).
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Did Amirm test for ground leaks /loops. Did he test for smps noise, in all ways it may manifest itself. Wilcono is right when he said Amirm did "some" test. But did he do all test.

I sometimes find a change as simple as a switch may not jump out as different. Yet I may notice in a couple days I'm playing familiar tracks at a click or 2 higher on my preamp. Each click is 1 db on my preamp, Maybe I notice a sense of fatigue has left. Or, as I start comparing different sources they sound more and more similar. Blind test is one thing. Songs grabbing your attention, making you sit up and listen with rapture is another form of validation changes are moving in the correct direction .
    Armin can't test for the passage of high-impedance leakage currents between different Ethernet switches because he doesn't have the test equipment. AFAIK, only John Swenson has the test equipment to measure this that has an audible impact on clock phase noise.

Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    Not all the user reports were ecstatic. Some were and some were similar to "there was an improvement/I like it."

When you did your testing did you remove the other switches and Gigafoil? I am asking since those devices could be doing some of the same things that the EtherREGEN is supposed to be doing. Thus, for you, the eR could be redundant.

I bought an eR and it replaced a standard switch. I felt that the noise floor was lowered. It wasn't night and day but I plan on keeping it. I also have a very simple setup (server PC to eR to Sonore endpoint).
    Check back with us once you have 150-200 hours on it.

My ER has resulted in a notable and audible reduction in the noise floor and overall improvement in the sound quality of my digital streaming front end, and I am using a Gigafoil-comparable device for optical isolation, the Sonore Optical Module, at the front end of the chain where the server and router reside in the bedroom/study.

As soon as I installed the ER, I could hear things in my system I had simply not heard before, e.g. secondary sound reflections off the opposite wall in the recording studio. As my ER has gotten over 200 hours on it now, there is a notable improvement in the detail, transparency, naturalness of instruments and vocals, and a concomitant improvement in hall or recording venue ambience cues, spatiality, imaging precision, depth and width and instrumental detail, texture and tone color.

To sum up, my system has never sounded better and has become very, very compelling and engaging to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post

That's a good point. I should have mentioned that. So they may indeed be redundant to each other.

I primarily tested: Cisco switch > ethernet > gigafoil > server
    to ---------------------------------- -------------eRegen ----------------

That's a good point. I should have mentioned that. So they may indeed be redundant to each other.

Willco, Uptone recommends the EtherREGEN be the last device before connecting to your network Bridge, streamer or Ethernet-capable DAC. I think that's your configuration, but I'm not sure from your schematic above.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    I have well over 200 hours. Again, I really like it and it has improved my sound. It is also hard to do exact comparisons with and without since other things have changed. Maybe one day I will pull it to really see what it is doing.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

I thought someone else in the Uptone Audio thread also had a gigafoil and said that the eR made a much bigger difference when it wasn't in the chain.

Yes, it is. Just before the server > dac.

EtherREGEN on the way!

Doesn’t Uptone provide 30 days return policy? If so, it’s relatively risk free to try, isn’t it.

I’m hoping I can use this not only for the DAC but for my appletv as well. Gigafoil only has one output which goes to my DAC. I will try with & without Gigafoil and before & after Gigafoil as well when it arrives in January.

Bottom line, the difference has to be audible.

I use the same reference tracks over and over and comfortable with my ability to determine what I hear.

I will admit, sometimes at first listening I have fooled myself not following my rule of different or better and it does not come out until a day or so later.

This just recently happened unrelated to a switch and I reverted back to original configuration - with all this being said, there is also a time to leave well enough alone, and I can’t believe I just said that EtherREGEN on the way!

Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

As fate might have it, my gigafoil stopped working the day I planned to ship the eR off to the Netherlands. So, I decided to hook the eR in again and this time run fiber out of it's sfp port. I had noticed an improvement in clarity when I tested fiber out of the eR before and had planned to run fiber out of the Cisco switch, but their proprietary sfp modules are expensive...

So anyway, everything sounds great as is. I'm not going to spend any more time trying to figure what's what as I also just added an Uberbuss (to replace a ps audio p12 regenerator) so that's having a positive influence as well.

As fate might have it, my gigafoil stopped working the day I planned to ship the eR off to the Netherlands. So, I decided to hook the eR in again and this time run fiber out of it's sfp port. I had noticed an improvement in clarity when I tested fiber out of the eR before and had planned to run fiber out of the Cisco switch, but their proprietary sfp modules are expensive...

So anyway, everything sounds great as is. I'm not going to spend any more time trying to figure what's what as I also just added an Uberbuss (to replace a ps audio p12 regenerator) so that's having a positive influence as well.
    I’m sorry to hear that G/F failed.

Do you think it was some type of surge?

Banned

I desire to thank everyone who participated in this set of posts. It just greatly influenced my next purchase. Many thanks.

My ER has resulted in a notable and audible reduction in the noise floor and overall improvement in the sound quality of my digital streaming front end, and I am using a Gigafoil-comparable device for optical isolation, the Sonore Optical Module, at the front end of the chain where the server and router reside in the bedroom/study.

As soon as I installed the ER, I could hear things in my system I had simply not heard before, e.g. secondary sound reflections off the opposite wall in the recording studio. As my ER has gotten over 200 hours on it now, there is a notable improvement in the detail, transparency, naturalness of instruments and vocals, and a concomitant improvement in hall or recording venue ambience cues, spatiality, imaging precision, depth and width and instrumental detail, texture and tone color.

To sum up, my system has never sounded better and has become very, very compelling and engaging to listen to.
    I don't use a Gigafoil (I had a Gisa isolator, but did not put it back in). Pretty much my impression of improvements as well. The only other isolation device is on the first ethernet out of the cable modem. I did a secondary change a couple weeks after getting the etherRegen in my system. I changed to optical from switch to etherRegen. I did not notice a difference with that system change.
    Amplification : Modwright LS300 - Atma-Sphere "Class D" monoblocks
    Digital : MSB Premier DAC+Digital Director, Oppo 203, Sonos Port (W4S mod)
    Analog : Technics SL1200G, Boulder 508
    Speakers : Daedalus Audio Muse Studio
    Headphone : BHSE + Voce

I own both AQvox SE And etherREGEN switch. Sadly to say: etherREGEN does not improve anything. It just run very hot. That’s it.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by vutranchitam View Post
    I own both AQvox SE And etherREGEN switch. Sadly to say: etherREGEN does not improve anything. It just run very hot. That’s it.
    Not surprised. What about the AQVox SE?

Aqvox SE did improve the SQ comparing to the normal switch but not at the level of Ansuz powerswitch D2 which i had chance to try in my system.

The Ether Regen will also improve the sound over a Best Buy switch. It comes down to budget and how far do you want to take it.
    I never liked the idea of stacking in series any component. There are cases where it works. My personal belief is buy the "one" that best suits your situation and budget.

If you're open to sharing it, I'd welcome seeing a diagram or plan of how you're using the Ethernet switch in your system.

If you have had your ER for less than 30 days, you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked.

We just had Alex Crespi on as our guest speaker at out SFAS meeting this Saturday, and Alex mentioned that of over 1500 ERs sold to date, only 5 have been returned.

That is a satisfied customer proportion of 99.7% (to date; Alex is getting ready to ship out 250 more next week).

The Ether Regen will also improve the sound over a Best Buy switch. It comes down to budget and how far do you want to take it.
    I never liked the idea of stacking in series any component. There are cases where it works. My personal belief is buy the "one" that best suits your situation and budget.
    Acc. to Hans Beekhuyzen, the EtherREGEN is also better than the SOtM Ethernet switch, which he compared it to, and which costs quite a bit more. Link here:

Aqvox SE did improve the SQ comparing to the normal switch but not at the level of Ansuz powerswitch D2 which i had chance to try in my system.
    It should be good for...$6000.

It should be good for...$6000.
    My god the Ansuz is $6k. I can't imagine spending like that. But hey, some people have front pocket money like that.

Audioshark

$6k for a switch? wow.

Best switch? No switch!

If you're open to sharing it, I'd welcome seeing a diagram or plan of how you're using the Ethernet switch in your system.

If you have had your ER for less than 30 days, you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked.

We just had Alex Crespi on as our guest speaker at out SFAS meeting this Saturday, and Alex mentioned that of over 1500 ERs sold to date, only 5 have been returned.

That is a satisfied customer proportion of 99.7% (to date; Alex is getting ready to ship out 250 more next week).

I bought ER switch after using AQvox for a while and believe better switch could improve my streaming SQ.
    Just for your information i am using Avantgarde Mezzo XD, Wooden Amp, Vivaldi One + Clock, Taralabs Grandmaster Evolution speaker cable.
    My diagram is Router > AQvox > (Roon Nucleus+ & Vivaldi One) All using Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cable.
    Then i bought ER and put it in between AQVox and Vivaldi One.
    Sound didn’t improve at first time comparing to my first use of Aqvox. Then i use it for a while and remove ER from the chain. You know what, i heard my SQ is much better without ER.
    Last edited by vutranchitam; July 13, 2020 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Add quote

$6k for a switch? wow.

Best switch? No switch!

Plus their 9250$ Ethernet cable, MQA album now sounds better than my same SACD album on my Vivaldi One with Clock. How come? I just can’t believe and does not mean to promote any brand here. Just a pure customer.

$6k for a switch? wow.

Best switch? No switch!

For some reason that Netgear cannot explain my wireless router will not function properly without my gear plugged into a un-managed switch plugged into one of its ports.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

$6k for a switch? wow.

Best switch? No switch!

Agreed. I don't understand why people bother to complicate their digital rigs and think that somehow it will sound better. KISS.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Agreed. I don't understand why people bother to complicate their digital rigs and think that somehow it will sound better. KISS.
    Yeah. Agree too until i tried and it does sound better. I did return it and still looking for the answer.

Top of the Ansuz line is Power Switch D-TC Supreme $14,400.00. For a network switch.
    1. ITX PC - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800SL - Thiel CS3.7
    2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NCMP6200 - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000
    3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Audeze LCDi3 - Neumann KH 80 DSP
    4. Phone - TempoTec Sonata E44 - Moondrop Blessing2 Dusk
    5. PC - Meizu HiFi DAC - Moondrop Chu

I use a switch. I have found, keeping the burdon off the Modem and Router greatly step up their performance. There are also particular modem and routers that work best with audio. My router is also my home wifi. And it only has 4 or so output. Not enough for my entire home.
    I was one of the first switch purchasers when I bought The Linear Solution. I very much heard an improvemet when Adrian brought his unit here. I use a switch because overall it improves the sound, as well as handles distributing ethernet to the rest of the house.

If you want to bag on multiple devices and believe in keeping the signal pure, then why put a Gigafoil in front of your server. You do because it works. And darned if that isn't even a audio specific device that has to process the signal twice as it converts from erhernet to optical and back again..
    And then you ask, why would the switch in front of the Gigafoil matter if the packets have been rexlocked by the Gigafoil. But the switch still matters.

This appears to be one thread with a couple unhappy users. There are other Etherregen threads with very happy users. Read Audiogon Forums. If only 5 have been returned and very few are ever for sale, that says something. My guess, not having used this brand is it works. If you don't have an audio grade switch its going to improve the sound. There are other switches out there far less than $6k that also work.

Yeah. Agree too until i tried and it does sound better. I did return it and still looking for the answer.
    Then go buy it again. Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Then go buy it again. Problem solved
    Thank for your great advice.

I know the name includes "switch" but it's not just a switch.

I wonder if Joe ever got his, I didn't see any comments after mentioning he would get one.
    I received mine beginning of July. I asked Uptone about the USB gizmo, Alex advised ACS10 has very good USB output but my config would benefit from the ER.

I am using an Ethernet bridge to get to my ACS10 from where my router is located. I'm not a tech guy so I went with the type that plugs into the AC outlet.

I took the Ethernet cable into the A side and ran the B side to my ACS10.

I noticed a difference right away. I'm not sure how many hours I have on the unit at this point. Myobservations were similar to Pumacat. My bass had more punch and went deeper, highs were more prominent while being smoother and more detail. On Ella's Fine and Mellow you could really hear the reverberations more. Without the ER things seem a bit thicker but with it you realize things may seem thinner but you are hearing more detail, I suspect this effect is the removal of distortions.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

I forgot to mention another improvement was in what I guess is timing, the songs seem to have a better sense of rhythm or coherency. You get more envolved with what you are hearing.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

V. I don't get it either. It sounds better so you returned it???? I get not spending $6k. If you would, how good was the Ansuz? Was it stunning. Was it ok. Was it just slightly better than the etherregen. What did you hear. What were the perceived improvement.
    What about a gigafoil. Have you tried one of those.

Also, what modem and router do you use, as well as which linear PS is feeding those devices.

I bought ER switch after using AQvox for a while and believe better switch could improve my streaming SQ.
    Just for your information i am using Avantgarde Mezzo XD, Wooden Amp, Vivaldi One + Clock, Taralabs Grandmaster Evolution speaker cable.
    My diagram is Router > AQvox > (Roon Nucleus+ & Vivaldi One) All using Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cable.
    Then i bought ER and put it in between AQVox and Vivaldi One.
    Sound didn’t improve at first time comparing to my first use of Aqvox. Then i use it for a while and remove ER from the chain. You know what, i heard my SQ is much better without ER.
    I would have recommended replacing the AQVOX switch only with the EtherREGEN, there's no need to run two switches in series. Did you try it that way? I don't understand why you put another switch in between an Ethernet switch and your Vivaldi.

V. I don't get it either. It sounds better so you returned it???? I get not spending $6k. If you would, how good was the Ansuz? Was it stunning. Was it ok. Was it just slightly better than the etherregen. What did you hear. What were the perceived improvement.
    What about a gigafoil. Have you tried one of those.

Also, what modem and router do you use, as well as which linear PS is feeding those devices.
    The GigaFoil is a fiber media isolator, Rex, the EtherREGEN is an Ethernet switch. They do different things.

Thank for your great advice.
    What did you expect? You had it, you loved it, you returned it, and now you miss it.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Why so serious Mark, it's only an Audio forum of audiophiles having fun discussing.
    You sound like a storm ...

Because music matters.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

EtherREGEN on the way!