Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Anyone using the newer Luxman CD Players?

Just curious if anyone here has or still uses one of the newer Luxman CDPs and what your thoughts are. Are they worth the price of admission?
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Re: Anyone using the newer Luxman CD Players?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Just curious if anyone here has or still uses one of the newer Luxman CDPs and what your thoughts are. Are they worth the price of admission?
    Using the D08u. Certainly a solid piece, but my only experience is in context of a Luxman system consisting of c900u and m900u's. The USB input works fine with my Aurender 100xl. Never felt the disc player was lacking in any way. Can't really tell you if it's warmer than Brand X or more clinical than Model Y -- all I can say is no interest in looking further and not even particularly curious about their looming SOTA player. Replaced a T+A MP3100HV, but didn't have them together for direct comparison.
    Parker

I have had their top line D-08u in my system, and IMO it's an excellent player, but I would not describe it as one of their 'newer' players. It was withdrawn from production several months ago and is about to be replaced with the D-10x (official announcement forthcoming).

Have had the D06-u for about a year. Prior to this I had the Cary 306 SACD which I loved but it was discontinued several years ago so I tried to find a replacement. Tried the Esoteric K01. Too dry and analytical. The dCS Puccini with clock. Very boring. OPPO 105. OK but lacked midrange body. I love the D06-u. Very musical and non fatiguing. Very well built. Transport better than the Esoteric K01. This model has also been discontinued. Glad I bought one when I did.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Anyone using the newer Luxman CD Players?