Tidal versus Quobuz - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tidal versus Quobuz

I'm still using Tital and Qobuz daily. Lately I've been playing with upsampling from both to 32bit 192kHz if possible with the i7 transporter. My main complaint about Tital at least as far as their web site is concerned is I always feel like I'm walked into the wrong neighborhood when I jump into it. Qobuz has such a good classical selection that I find it hard to give up on Qobuz. And the HiRez sound it very good. On my system I can't say MQA is leaps and bounds better than my simple upsampling so far. I have Amazon Prime but until I can run it on Room or with the Lumin I'm just not going to look into it.
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond (wall to amp) Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    ADD-POWR EkectraCkear, Symphony/Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    I have Amazon Prime but until I can run it on Room or with the Lumin I'm just not going to look into it.
    You may use AirPlay to play Amazon Music on an iOS device to Lumin. This is why we released Firmware 11.7 to improve AirPlay.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PMCH View Post
    I had both Tidal and Qobuz. I found I preferred the sound quality of Tidal cd quality and MQA over Qobuz cd quality and Hi-Res by the slightest of margins on my system.
    Since you like MQA sound, do you happen to like SDLY2 filter of your K-01X?
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Just curious, does listening to Qobuz or Tidal in a moving vehicle create more drop outs? I seem to experience more drop outs while listening to Qobuz or Tidal in a moving vehicle. Can't prove it though.
    Although I never tested this scenario, I guess this should be normal depending on your region and cellular service coverage and your smartphone, since cellular data service is far from perfect. Try downgrading the audio quality in the corresponding app when you are in a vehicle. Or try Spotify instead.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Peter, I only use the K-01x to play CD's & SACD's but I do believe I use the SDLY2 filter setting. For streaming and hi-res downloads I have my Aurender N10 feeding my Berkeley MQA DAC.
    Paul

Main Stereo System:

Sonus Faber Stradivari, McIntosh C1100, MC2301 (2), Esoteric K-01x, Aurender N10, Berkeley Alpha DAC Reference Series 2 MQA, Berkeley Alpha USB, Synergistic Research and Audience Power Conditioners, AZ Absolute Copper interconnects, AZ Absolute speaker cables, AZ Gargantua 2 and Krakatoa PC's, Stillpoints & Symposium shelves under everything.

Theater System:
    JVC RS400 projector, 100" Stewart Firehawk screen, Oppo 205 & 105D, Audio Physic Classic speakers, JL F113, MC8207 MX136, Synergistic Research Powercell, AZ interconnects, speaker cables and PC's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    You may use AirPlay to play Amazon Music on an iOS device to Lumin. This is why we released Firmware 11.7 to improve AirPlay.
    Thanks for the information Peter. I may look into that.
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond (wall to amp) Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    ADD-POWR EkectraCkear, Symphony/Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)

Post Thanks / Like

Qobuz Studio price reduction to $14.99

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Qobuz: How do I switch/upgrade to Studio Premier
    https://try.qobuz.com/faq-studio-premier/
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone successfully streaming Qobuz UPnP from a Mac (10.14)? I'm about ready to look beyond this D2. Audirvana won't run well either, it runs a little. Qobuz not at all. The only Mac desktop software I find that will stream at all (UPnP) is Linn Kazoo. Put another way, Linn fires up 100% every time, nothing else will.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I get on this sub forum I feel like I'm a dinosaur in the twilight zone. I have so much to learn and so much ground to make up. I know this is all basic computer 101 for people who were born in the '80s or later. Heck, I don't know a megabyte from a UPnP. All I know is what my ears like. And I know how to tickle them in an analog way. But when it comes to computer logic, basic and intermediate computer operations, digital, and streaming, I'm lost. I'd love to learn more about it. But I don't even know where to start. The terminology alone is daunting. Sometimes I feel like I'm staring up at Mt. Everest. Me thinks I was born about 30 years too early.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast