Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

hello from a conductor, LP collector, audio lover from Paris !

bonjour à tous,

happy to have found " par hasard " such a wonderful forum.....so many informations, links, .....I would spent nights to read them !
    I'm a classical LP record collector, having an important vinyl collection ( probably one of the nicest in France in term of quality ) , including most important - historical performers , labels ( Pathé, Ducretet Thomson, Discophiles Français, Erato, Lumen, Vega, Odeon, Columbia, french Decca, french Voix de son Maître, Versailles, BAM etc...)
    I deal from time to time too ( always having nice 150 - 200 LP's for trade / sale ).

As for the equipment, I have:
    Charlin tube amp - preamp
    Garrard 401 turnable + Pierre Clément L7 cartridge
    Magnepan speakers ( old ones at the moment )
    + Exciting old Charlin electrostatic speakers ....beautiful look ( very " vintage french 60's ) ! I don't know yet if they work ?!
    Expecting to buy soon one of these fantastic Atmasphere amp ( or / and maybe at the same time a nice little Transcendent ) , as I'm fascinated by OTL.
    A+

Super Moderator

Re: hello from a conductor, LP collector, audio lover from Paris !

Welcome! Happy to have you here.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Great to have you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Welcome!
    Have you heard any of your French examples of Jean Marie Reynaud's speakers?
    I have the JMR Offrande Supreme V2 Monitors and the JMR Orfeo Jubilee floor standers. I enjoy both tremendously. My other speakers are Harbeth P3ESR and Harbeth M30.1 which both have their place in near listening and home theater placements.

Scotty

What do you drive your Reynaud's with? I have a pair of Abscissa Jubilee's I picked up from Bob in the Spring. I found a great deal on a pair of dealer demo Orfeo Supreme's a couple of months ago but the "Boss" nixed the white finish as they were going in her Family Room and not in my Music Room. The Abscissa's are my fifth pair of Reynaud's including Offrande's about fifteen years ago.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Jack -

I think the JMRs are something special...........

Upstream of the JMR Orfeo I have:

Mojo Audio Deja Vu Server > Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC > T+A PA 3100 HV Integrated Amp....
    or alternatively T+ A PDP 3000 HV Transport + DAC > T+A PA3100 HV Integrated Amp

I have the JMR Offrande Supreme Monitors in the bedroom presently - driven by McIntosh MA6000 Integrated.

I also acquired my JMRs from Bob Neill and Chris Russo at East End Hifi - both are stand up guys who saw me through some shipping damage to the Orfeos......

I agree and have thought so since I bought my Twin Mk II all those years ago based on Bob's review. It's really a shame that neither Jean Marie or now Jean Claude has made the effort to find a younger US distributor like they promised Bob they would. At near 80 years old he has no interest anymore in doing shows or on the road promoting to dealers so the brand has continued to suffer. It wouldn't hurt his feelings at all of someone else took over the distribution and promotion and he just remained a dealer. When I bought my Abscissa's I was in the process of deciding between them and the very last pair of Offrande Supreme V2's which were at the Canadian distributor but he convinced me to try the Abscissa Jubilee. I continue to keep my eye out for a pair of Orfeo Jubilee's but since very few have been sold could be a while. The best match of the three amps I have tried with the Abscissa's was the Audia Flight FL Three S integrated being just slightly on the warm side of neutral. I rotated the Otello's and the Abscissa's in the Main system about every quarter and their turn again is coming up soon.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Welcome Paris, Enjoy your time here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Don't think we've ever had a conductor on the forum. Are you a descendant of Hermann Abendroth, the famed German conductor of nearly a century ago?

Larry
    Analog-VPIClassic3-3DArm,Lyra Skala+MiyajimaZeroMono,2xAmpex ATR-102,Otari MX5050B2, Merrill Trident Tape Preamp, Herron VTPH-2A&BottleheadPhonoPre,
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicroso nicsModel2 AD
    Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC Roon/HQPlayer,Oppo105
    Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512 Engineering Tim Marutani Symmetrical Power IsoTrans and cables,AudioDiskVinylCleaner,
    Music-2.3KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,60TBripped files

hello everybody !

- no I don'yt have J - M Reunaud speakers.
    - no , "unfortunately", I'm not a descendant of the legendary german conductor Hermann Abendroth ( I used the pseudo just for fun ) !!...however yes, he's my favorite among all these legendary german conductors of the " golden age " ( end XIX° century - to the 60's )....Actually, being a musicologist also, I wrote several articles on him. I had been one of the very first to have made researches in ex-East Germany ( Weimar, Leipzig à in 1989 - 1990 etc....
    I whish he would know relatives from him, family. But his widow Elisabeth died in the 1970's, and they had no children.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

hello from a conductor, LP collector, audio lover from Paris !