Vandersteen Kento Carbon - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vandersteen Kento Carbon

Thanks for the reply. I might have gone in the room had there been a seat open. I find different speakers will, over time determine the type of music I lean towards due to their strengths or weakness's. I don't think it would be a flaw if a speaker has such a way with a female singer I que up more than usual.
    I just posted a 'Do it all speaker' thread to see what I can learn about my experiences over the last several years speaker shopping. So many speakers, so little money. enjoy
    Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, VA Beethovens, , Hegel h360, rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steve59 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I might have gone in the room had there been a seat open. I find different speakers will, over time determine the type of music I lean towards due to their strengths or weakness's. I don't think it would be a flaw if a speaker has such a way with a female singer I que up more than usual.
    I just posted a 'Do it all speaker' thread to see what I can learn about my experiences over the last several years speaker shopping. So many speakers, so little money. enjoy
    Just remember that system matching is the key. Too many folks buy a speaker and expect it to play well with their components and sometimes that's not the case. That's why you need to bring in your pre/amp to make sure they will work together. This is what keeps Audiogon in business. Folks constantly chase their tails. I strongly recommend that folks go visit a dealer and get their help. Most have used gear that they need to get rid of and don't always think about when trying to help customers. just ask. I have favorite dealers across the US who I send friends to. It's finding someone you connect with.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    Ayre QX5/20 (The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order)
    Steve Nugent rebuilt Mac mini (2009) with Paul Hynes LPS and custom silver cable server
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest Castlerock speaker cables
    Wire world optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into the QX5/20 from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and two dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    A&K 380cu with matching cu amp (copper which is much warmer than their normal cases)
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree more. Now throw the room acoustics into the mix and, in my case at least, choosing the right speakers to build a system around becomes even more intimidating for someone who has a budget to work with. Without a home demo any speaker purchase is a leap of faith, in my experience so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3