Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Accuphase E-800

Re: Accuphase E-800

So clearly the only thing you have to add is that Accuphase is too expensive in the US?

Well here is Jay's Audio Lab review of the E-800 (actually my ex E-800)

YouTube
    AUDIO ROOM: CH Precision I1, Luxman D-10X, Luxman PD-171A, Stenheim Alumine Three, Shunyata Everest, Tellurium Q, Sitech cables and interconnects, CORE Audio Design racks and a whole host of other silly audiophile accessories!

HOME OFFICE: Luxman L-595ASE, Hi-Fi Rose 150B, Diapason Neos, Tellurium Q Cables.

Audioshark
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

And thats exactly the condition you can expect your new Integrated to arrive in from the Distributor, embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    And thats exactly the condition you can expect your new Integrated to arrive in from the Distributor, embarrassing.
    Well the box anyway.
    AUDIO ROOM: CH Precision I1, Luxman D-10X, Luxman PD-171A, Stenheim Alumine Three, Shunyata Everest, Tellurium Q, Sitech cables and interconnects, CORE Audio Design racks and a whole host of other silly audiophile accessories!

HOME OFFICE: Luxman L-595ASE, Hi-Fi Rose 150B, Diapason Neos, Tellurium Q Cables.

When paying this kind of money the box matters just as much as the component inside... to me at least.

The outer box quality certainly leaves a lot to be desired. Inner boxes are more than adequate. I guess they could ship on a pallet but that creates some challenges for residential delivery.

Interesting.

In my opinion, an overly critical unbalanced review that does not make sense -- starts out with saying it is a warmer sound but still has all the details and other audiophile attributes. I feel that his impressions were driven by the disproportionately high price of the component in the US (which I agree is a big problem). It also highlights the subjective nature of this hobby where 10 people can rarely agree on anything as we all hear differently.
    I do not have personal experience with the Luxman 590 mk2; so cannot comment on its sound. I have heard only good things about it.
    I do have extensive experience with Accuphase A70, which is a 60 watt Class A amp that I have owned for the past ~ 3 years. It sound sublime and easily drives my Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers. No lack of power here and the bass is all that it needs to be. I am a little puzzled about the reviewer talking about a lack of power.
    I compared it at length to a Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated and decided to keep the Accuphase as it edged out the Gryphon in my system. Just a smoother, more refined, easier to listen to at length sound (the difference was subtle but there).
    Anshul

Quote Originally Posted by GreginNH View Post
    Well here is Jay's Audio Lab review of the E-800 (actually my ex E-800)

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by apdoc2004 View Post
    In my opinion, an overly critical unbalanced review that does not make sense -- starts out with saying it is a warmer sound but still has all the details and other audiophile attributes. I feel that his impressions were driven by the disproportionately high price of the component in the US (which I agree is a big problem). It also highlights the subjective nature of this hobby where 10 people can rarely agree on anything as we all hear differently.
    I do not have personal experience with the Luxman 590 mk2; so cannot comment on its sound. I have heard only good things about it.
    I do have extensive experience with Accuphase A70, which is a 60 watt Class A amp that I have owned for the past ~ 3 years. It sound sublime and easily drives my Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers. No lack of power here and the bass is all that it needs to be. I am a little puzzled about the reviewer talking about a lack of power.
    I compared it at length to a Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated and decided to keep the Accuphase as it edged out the Gryphon in my system. Just a smoother, more refined, easier to listen to at length sound (the difference was subtle but there).
    Anshul
    Hi Anshul, I agree with your statement. I am using Accuphase A75 with accuphase pre now and these replace Diablo 300. And the sound characteristics are as what you mentioned.

Having said that, I have not listened to Luxman well-regarded c900u with m900u. And I hope can listen to the luxman combo in near future.

Here in Singapore, the price of accuphase components are less marked up than in US and US RRP of accuphase left a lot to be desired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just my opinion, not an absolute. I had the opportunity to listen to a Accuphase E-800 today driving a pair of MBL 101E speakers. I've listened to the MBL 101E speakers over 50 times with several amplifiers. It's my friend system, but I'm so familiar with his system I consider it my 2nd system. I've heard the MBLs with the Parasound JC1+ and JC5, Jeff Rowlnad 725s, PS Audio BHK 300 mono-amps, and several more. Today, with the E-800 the MBLs sound was detailed, but not as bright as I've heard before with some amplifiers. The bass was tight and the soundstage very 3-dimensional. Maybe one day I'll bring it home and compare it to my Rowland 625 S2 amplifier with Corus preamp driving Monitor Audio PL500 II speakers. Totally different speakers may yield different results.

The freakin problem in the US is the cost to the consumer. I think the distributor is just out to lunch, and if he would offer lower prices, he could way more than make up for it on volume. Apologies for beating this dead horse and taking the thread off topic (yet again), but this just can’t be said enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Amplification: DartZeel 468 (2) // DartZeel NHB18NS Mk. II
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Equalizer/Phono Pre: DSAudio Master3
    Speakers: TAD R-1 MkII, REL Six Pack of REL Carbon Specials
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    DAC/Serv-stream: LampiZator Horizon/ Taiko Extreme
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond SE Speaker Cables
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work
    Critical Mass Systems Ultra-Q Rack > Silence Focus Amp Stands

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddog View Post
    The freakin problem in the US is the cost to the consumer. I think the distributor is just out to lunch, and if he would offer lower prices, he could way more than make up for it on volume. Apologies for beating this dead horse and taking the thread off topic (yet again), but this just can’t be said enough.

I totally agree. In order to arrive at the Canadian MSRP, you have to get at least 30% off US pricing.

Worth every penny, Canadians are just luckier. How many times have I had to pay 30% more here in Canada because we are a tiny market compared to the US.

Price aside, I think Accuphase makes great sounding amps. I’m on my third one and very pleased with the workmanship, appearance, and sound of Accuphase.
    Gary
    Main: Lumin A1, Accuphase E-650, Tannoy Canterbury GR, Shunyata, Audience
    Secondary: Lumin M1, Linton Heritage, Shunyata, Audience

Ditto - same here on quality and sound, which I just love.

Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work

Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    Worth every penny, Canadians are just luckier. How many times have I had to pay 30% more here in Canada because we are a tiny market compared to the US.
    So true. We pay everything else lot more here than state. sigh
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    So true. We pay everything else lot more here than state. sigh
    Unfortunately true for most companies that have distribute to Canada using a US distributor: even Luxman is slightly more in Canada than the US even as they are trying to keep them at par - the Luxman L509X is slightly more than the Accuphase E480 in Canada....In Canada Accuphase retail has been very fair.

Of course try buying Pass or McIntosh in the Germany...
    Accuphase E800 and E600, DC37, C37, Devore O/96 and Graham LS5/9, DPS 3, Schroeder CB, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold

anyone try a e-800 or e650 with the accuphase PS510/520/530? the brochure says that the PS wasn't designed for high idle current amplifiers

The power draw of my E-650 is 154 watts as measured by my Kill-A-Watt meter. That’s comfortably within spec of any of the 500 series Accuphase power conditioners.
    Gary
    Main: Lumin A1, Accuphase E-650, Tannoy Canterbury GR, Shunyata, Audience
    Secondary: Lumin M1, Linton Heritage, Shunyata, Audience

According to Accuphase, the E650 draws almost 170 watts at idle. The PS Audio products are noisey to begin with but they really begin to buzz as you draw some serious current. The PS1230 was dead silent at idle and while drawing just over 4 amps with a pair of 28B3’s. The Accuphase products are designed very well.

I’m likely not supposed to say this, but I have two 1230s for sale in the marketplace ....

AudioDesk Systeme RCM

First post.

Just had to add Jay's Audio lab latest hammering on the e800, where he states it was the worst integrated he ever owned, it sounded like receiver.

Jay's Worst Of The Worst ! - YouTube

I have owned several Accuphase integrated, e450, e307 and now have e370 (with easy load Klipsch Heresy IV). None of them has been as powerful as other amplifiers I have owned like Chapter Precis 250, or ATC amp Packs, but the sound at low to moderate levels have always sounded more real and natural (acoustic instruments and voices) and more pleasant to listen to than most other amplifiers I have owned.

First post.

Just had to add Jay's Audio lab latest hammering on the e800, where he states it was the worst integrated he ever owned, it sounded like receiver.

Jay's Worst Of The Worst ! - YouTube

I have owned several Accuphase integrated, e450, e307 and now have e370 (with easy load Klipsch Heresy IV). None of them has been as powerful as other amplifiers I have owned like Chapter Precis 250, or ATC amp Packs, but the sound at low to moderate levels have always sounded more real and natural (acoustic instruments and voices) and more pleasant to listen to than most other amplifiers I have owned.

Audioshark

Welcome to Audioshark.

Welcome to the Forum.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Thanks. This forum seems like a good place to discuss audio. So back to topic. How the heck could Accuphase biggest class A integrated e800 perfom so bad in his system, to be called the worst ever? Is he biased against the brand?

Actually I heard the e800 at the dealer both on Bryston and Legacy Audio speakers, playing rock and I was a bit underwhelmed. But that was compared to the same speakers on a separates with Carey tube preamp and Bryston power amplifier with more than 300W AB.

I guess it all comes down to system matching and synergier. Also, some brands are better at some types of music. In my experience Accuphase sounds more adjusted to jazz and blues than Rock and Metal with double bass drums.

Here is another review https://stereo-magazine.com/review/accuphase-e-800-review

Quote Originally Posted by Lieberung View Post
    Thanks. This forum seems like a good place to discuss audio. So back to topic. How the heck could Accuphase biggest class A integrated e800 perfom so bad in his system, to be called the worst ever? Is he biased against the brand?

Actually I heard the e800 at the dealer both on Bryston and Legacy Audio speakers, playing rock and I was a bit underwhelmed. But that was compared to the same speakers on a separates with Carey tube preamp and Bryston power amplifier with more than 300W AB.

I guess it all comes down to system matching and synergier. Also, some brands are better at some types of music. In my experience Accuphase sounds more adjusted to jazz and blues than Rock and Metal with double bass drums.

Here is another review Stereo Magazine: Integrated Amplifier Test
    What is there that's so different about the design of the E800 that made some early purchasers react in such a lukewarm way?
    Could Accuphase have thought that this integrated amp was anything less than one of the best they've built?
    Christian

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

I dont think that Jay is biased against Accuphase , you have to remember first of all that he has a lot of Equipment through his house so he has a much wider knowledge than most of us. Also important is that in US as far as i can tell from what people have been talking about here is that Accuphase cost a lot more in US than Europe.
    I have an Accuphase E-470 myself which i am really happy with , but my interest to hear or try other amplifiers are there to see what the difference is. I would like a better soundstage and sometimes i have the impression that on music pieces where a lot is going on it can get "confused" as not giving a precise soundstage. I also know that it may partly be because my source is only an Lumin T1 ( hope to make it into an Lumin X1 in 2 months ) then i will at least be clear about the source , and what role it plays.
    Maybe Mike knows something i dont remember if he had Accuphase in his shop then he would also be able to give his view.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Quote Originally Posted by Rnrmf View Post
    What is there that's so different about the design of the E800 that made some early purchasers react in such a lukewarm way?
    Could Accuphase have thought that this integrated amp was anything less than one of the best they've built?
    Very valid comment. I expected much more in terms of performance as compared to the 470 and 600 I previously owned. I think Jay's main issue with the amp was the bloated price. With an MSRP of more than $21,000 US there are so many other and better choices.

I heard a few YouTube segments ( 😳 yea I know) with Accuphase A75 and though it sounded wonderful...
    Hopefully someone will do a shootout against the Gryphon Essence...
    Come to think of it member Alex Aka techincalpie has them both, I’m gonna send him a pm to see if he’ll treat us to that...

Very valid comment. I expected much more in terms of performance as compared to the 470 and 600 I previously owned. I think Jay's main issue with the amp was the bloated price. With an MSRP of more than $21,000 US there are so many other and better choices.
    E800 is a made in celebration of their 50th anniversary (and as limited edition?). In Norway the list price is just below $18k including VAT. Even if it can drive most speakers well Its also a 50w class A in 8 ohms and really not that powerful compared to other amplifiers you can get for the same price. To me its seems like Accuphase primarily has made this for their fans (as a collector item?) more than anything else.

Super Moderator

I am sure that if the E-800 is paired with the right speakers, it’ll be awesome.

Every brand and even piece within that brand has its own sound. Matching amps and speakers is critical for enjoying the ultimate sound that a combo produces. I’d love to hear it but have become a Luxman fanboy as of late.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I am sure that if the E-800 is paired with the right speakers, it’ll be awesome.

Every brand and even piece within that brand has its own sound. Matching amps and speakers is critical for enjoying the ultimate sound that a combo produces. I’d love to hear it but have become a Luxman fanboy as of late.
    Yes, I agree. Here is another review for those interested
    ACCUPHASE E-800

Hi,
    My name is Rick, and I am an Accuphase fan. I've been influenced by a dealer here in the Denver area who sells and promotes it. I've heard some fantastic sounds come from Accuphase rooms at RMAF.
    My preferences are a weighty but resolved lower midrange, wide and deep imaging, along with a touch of rolled off sweetness on the top. I love rock and dynamic music, but that is for my car and headphones. Hard bop jazz and classical dominate my ourve at home.
    I don't know Jay, but he almost validates my Accuphase purchases. Based on his speaker choices (which contrast to mine), he is a detail and dynamics guy. I will likely be purchasing an E-800 soon.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Ricky.

I have no doubt that the E-800 with the right speakers will be outstanding.

What speakers do you have or are thinking about getting?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky64 View Post
    Hi,
    My name is Rick, and I am an Accuphase fan. I've been influenced by a dealer here in the Denver area who sells and promotes it. I've heard some fantastic sounds come from Accuphase rooms at RMAF.
    My preferences are a weighty but resolved lower midrange, wide and deep imaging, along with a touch of rolled off sweetness on the top. I love rock and dynamic music, but that is for my car and headphones. Hard bop jazz and classical dominate my ourve at home.
    I don't know Jay, but he almost validates my Accuphase purchases. Based on his speaker choices (which contrast to mine), he is a detail and dynamics guy. I will likely be purchasing an E-800 soon.
    Rick,
    Welcome to the Shark.

As for that particular model (E-800), Jay didn’t like it a bit.
    And that’s putting it mildly...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidear View Post
    Rick,
    Welcome to the Shark.

As for that particular model (E-800), Jay didn’t like it a bit.
    And that’s putting it mildly...
    Exactly! (No offense to Jay, who clearly has more experience than me)
    Last edited by Ricky64; April 10, 2021 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Welcome to the forum Ricky.

I have no doubt that the E-800 with the right speakers will be outstanding.

What speakers do you have or are thinking about getting?
    Hi;
    I currently have a Tambaqui running through an Accuphase E 550 and Focal Utopia L&R’s ((fairly obscure 85# three way monitors. Great speakers, but getting older, and looking to replace). Short list is Rockport, Kharma, Fyne... but open to others.
    Last week heard an E 800 through Rockport Aviors. Sounded spot on. Great imaging, with weighty but resolved midrange.

Super Moderator

Excellent choices. Please keep us posted. I thoroughly enjoyed the E-650 when I had it. Having the extra power of the E-800 will be great. It’s a beautiful piece too!

NAD C 658 streamer.

I'm not familiar with your speakers or the E-800 for that matter, but I did own the Accuphase A-36 for a year or so powering my Avantgarde horn speakers.

At the time I was looking for a solid state amp to replace tube amps that I'd been using for the previous 15 years. I tried many amps at home and certainly the A-36 was amongst the best and definitely the nicest design. For a power amp to have adjustable gain settings, 2 independent speaker outlets and VU meters is rare indeed. I loved the way it worked but I found it a little soft and maybe a little too civilised with the sort of music where you don't want soft and civilised!

I wonder if you'd find the Accuphase sound ideal for the jazz you say you like. I'd suggest you get a demo unit in your home for a week or two - or buy a used unit at a price you could resell it at if it didn't excite quite as much as you hope for. However the E-800 is a most costly amp and may offer an even better sound than the A-36. Good luck in your search.
    Sources - NAD M50.2 (streamer, CD player, CD ripper, hard drive music store)
    Amplification - NAD M33 all-in-one, NAD M12 preamp (in reserve), Atma-Sphere Class D monos
    Speakers - Avantgarde Duo XD, Avantgarde Duo (2006) - both aesthetically modified

Quote Originally Posted by Hear Here View Post
    I'm not familiar with your speakers or the E-800 for that matter, but I did own the Accuphase A-36 for a year or so powering my Avantgarde horn speakers.

At the time I was looking for a solid state amp to replace tube amps that I'd been using for the previous 15 years. I tried many amps at home and certainly the A-36 was amongst the best and definitely the nicest design. For a power amp to have adjustable gain settings, 2 independent speaker outlets and VU meters is rare indeed. I loved the way it worked but I found it a little soft and maybe a little too civilised with the sort of music where you don't want soft and civilised!

I wonder if you'd find the Accuphase sound ideal for the jazz you say you like. I'd suggest you get a demo unit in your home for a week or two - or buy a used unit at a price you could resell it at if it didn't excite quite as much as you hope for. However the E-800 is a most costly amp and may offer an even better sound than the A-36. Good luck in your search.
    Good points. I currently have an older Accuphase Class A in my system. Moved to it from Ayre and have been pleased with it. Newer models are more dynamic and detailed than the old. I will be looking forward to hearing more electronics. I plan to travel to Sarasota in the next several weeks and look forward to interacting with Mike (he clearly has some reservations about Accuphase...whether it was with the product or with US distribution I am not sure).
    My current system has excellent lower midrange for jazz, with density and depth for tenor sax, piano, vocals, etc. Interesting that Accuphase has chosen Fyne F1's for their reference system. Hypodynamic electronics for hyperdynamic speakers?

Good points. I currently have an older Accuphase Class A in my system. Moved to it from Ayre and have been pleased with it. Newer models are more dynamic and detailed than the old. I will be looking forward to hearing more electronics. I plan to travel to Sarasota in the next several weeks and look forward to interacting with Mike (he clearly has some reservations about Accuphase...whether it was with the product or with US distribution I am not sure).
    My current system has excellent lower midrange for jazz, with density and depth for tenor sax, piano, vocals, etc. Interesting that Accuphase has chosen Fyne F1's for their reference system. Hypodynamic electronics for hyperdynamic speakers?

Now for a schizophrenic turn... Just got a good deal on a Gryphon Essence amplifier, and bit on it. I am going to AB with my current setup, and with an e800. There has been enough interesting commentary here for me to put Accuphase to the acid test...

Super Moderator

Can’t wait to read your thoughts on the Essence amp. Looks like it will be great.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I prefer the cosmetics of that Luxman 595 you have on order...

Super Moderator

I prefer the cosmetics of that Luxman 595 you have on order...
    I loved the Luxman 590. I’m hoping the 595a is a little better all around with its improvements. Sometimes better isn’t always better but I trust Luxman in this case. I can’t wait, hopefully next month it’ll be here.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Did the price of the E-800 increase to $25K US, as indicated on another site? Given it is offered in Canada at $20K Canadian, MSRP, the pricing simply makes no sense.Too bad, but then many industries have those who overprice product with the hope that it develops an allure as a special brand. And it often works.Guess the choice is up to the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by maxdog923 View Post
    Did the price of the E-800 increase to $25K US, as indicated on another site? Given it is offered in Canada at $20K Canadian, MSRP, the pricing simply makes no sense.Too bad, but then many industries have those who overprice product with the hope that it develops an allure as a special brand. And it often works.Guess the choice is up to the buyer.
    Considering youve owned one, do you believe Accupahse to have a special allure?

I'm pretty sure most people pay in the mid to upper teens for a new unit... Still expensive, but not full MSRP.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Accuphase E-800