Accuphase E-800 - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Accuphase E-800

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accuphase E-800

The accuphase E-800 may end being a great integrated.
    But the distributor mark up is insane. I would never buy product marked up that much, no matter how exclusive it is.
    I wish that luxman, pass or gryphon will come up with class A reference integrated with at least 50w 8 ohm and double at 4 ohm
    so it can drive wider range of speakers.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
    The accuphase E-800 may end being a great integrated.
    But the distributor mark up is insane. I would never buy product marked up that much, no matter how exclusive it is.
    I wish that luxman, pass or gryphon will come up with class A reference integrated with at least 50w 8 ohm and double at 4 ohm
    so it can drive wider range of speakers.
    The Luxman 590 benches at 83 watts of class A. See the measurements in HiFi News. They said it was woefully under specíd. Very conservative. Iíve had one and it drove the piss out of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

3. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This does not look to be anything new. Look at this snippet from 2012

03-18-2012 5:41pm

Thank you everyone for your responses. I read some similar threads and Accuphase seems to be the most favored although Luxman should be shown no disrespect. I got a quote on a new Accuphase e-360 for 10 grand. Whew, I certainly can't afford a new one so I'll be searching for something used.

03-19-2012 3:44am

Wow, that's over double the price of a new E-360 in Japan. Thanks!

-----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

5. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
    I don't own any Accuphase gear because I don't listen to lightweight music which is what Accuphase excels at. Too polite for me and my taste.
    You obviously don't know what the hell your talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    A Buck/Boost single phase transformer can also be used to supply 100VAC components from a 120VAC outlet. Cost is less than $200.00.

Sure..you could do this but think about what you would lose...no warranty for any problem. Interesting that you don't suggest the same solutions on another forum where you moderate....
    hmm... maybe because the owner is an Accuphase dealer and your thick as thieves?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    You obviously don't know what the hell your talking about.
    Guess Im in good company then
    Amps: D'agostino M400 Mono's, ARC REF 160M, Audio Note Jinro, First Watt SIT-3 Mono's, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, ARC 150M.

Pre-Amps: ARC REF 10, Ayre KXR Twenty, Luxman 900U, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-08U, Esoteric K-01X 30th Anniversary/Black, Ayre DX5, Marantz SA-10

Speakers: Joseph Audio Pearl 3, Klipsch Forte III, Monitor Audio Gold 200

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3200 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

Post Thanks / Like

^ Because he knows he would be banned immediately I think

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
    Guess Im in good company then
    Sure ..the world is full of would be know it all's and experts who dont know jack!

Post Thanks / Like

Sure ..the world is full of would be know it all's and experts who dont know jack!
    Out of respect for Mike and Joe I am going to keep this civil. I never claimed I was an expert, know it all etc. Far from it. I only know what my ears have heard and liked. I have heard 3 different Accuphase INT's in the past few years and its not the sound I prefer for my musical tastes. Feel the same way about Audio Note. They don't "Rock" to my liking. There is no right or wrong with anybody's opinion about what they prefer. If I had your Ears and musical taste Im sure I would LOVE Accuphase. I know at least half a dozen people who owned Accuphase gear and they ended up ditching it for Luxman, Simaudio, Shindo, Doshi and other brands I cant remember.
    Amps: D'agostino M400 Mono's, ARC REF 160M, Audio Note Jinro, First Watt SIT-3 Mono's, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, ARC 150M.

Pre-Amps: ARC REF 10, Ayre KXR Twenty, Luxman 900U, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-08U, Esoteric K-01X 30th Anniversary/Black, Ayre DX5, Marantz SA-10

Speakers: Joseph Audio Pearl 3, Klipsch Forte III, Monitor Audio Gold 200

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3200 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

Post Thanks / Like

Sure..you could do this but think about what you would lose...no warranty for any problem. Interesting that you don't suggest the same solutions on another forum where you moderate....
    hmm... maybe because the owner is an Accuphase dealer and your thick as thieves?
    Gene.......My post was simply a suggestion for those interested in being able to control supply voltages, nothing more. I would have no issue posting the same information on any forum if the discussion turned to supply voltage issues. It is self evident there would be no warranty on 100VAC Accuphase components sold in the USA. Doh!

The remainder of your comments are uncalled for, but not surprising. The Internet is run amok with self appointed keyboard generals. We don't know each other, so I don't have a clue where your rancor is coming from. I do find it interesting that in your nearly four and a half years as an Audio Shark member with a grand total of 105 posts you decided I was important enough to spur you to increase your forum contributions. It's good to know I still have the ability to motivate people.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

13. Likes joeinid, bart, sharkmouth liked this post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast