CD Players On Their Way In Or Out? - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CD Players On Their Way In Or Out?

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    For anyone who's given up on disc's (CD/SACD) you need to hear how fabulous they sound on an Accuphase spinner.
    Th only streaming I'll ever be doing is into the toilet.
    Sorry, not gong to drop 17 large on a disc transport. Moreover, I couldn't use Roon with it.

Post Thanks / Like

CD players and transports will have their place.

I play CDs in my gym as I don’t have any other method of playback in this area of the home and like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    What you guys use in your cars for music playback?
    SD Cards or streaming via phone and BT connection. Haven’t played a CD in a car in years.

4. Likes CPP, Puma Cat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    The CD player has become like the Cadillac brand when only old people buys them.
    you nailed it there
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    What you guys use in your cars for music playback?
    Spotify. perfect for cars
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not very knowledgeable regarding current automotive sound systems. If I plug my phone into a USB port in my car will it then stream from streaming services I subscribe to (i.e. Qobuz and Tidal)? Other than playing CDs or Sirius/XM, what are other ways to listen to music in my vehicle? Both of our vehicles have WiFi and Bluetooth. I also have Mobile Hotspot on my phone for use with our camper. Oh yeah, almost forgot...I have a CD player in both vehicles. However, I'd much rather be able to stream music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    I'm not very knowledgeable regarding current automotive sound systems. If I plug my phone into a USB port in my car will it then stream from streaming services I subscribe to (i.e. Qobuz and Tidal)? Other than playing CDs or Sirius/XM, what are other ways to listen to music in my vehicle? Both of our vehicles have WiFi and Bluetooth. I also have Mobile Hotspot on my phone for use with our camper. Oh yeah, almost forgot...I have a CD player in both vehicles. However, I'd much rather be able to stream music.
    In both Tidal and Qobuz (and Spotify), you can import music to an offline location (your phone, ipad, etc.) and play that music via usb or bluetooth to your stereo system in your automobile. No hotspot or wifi required. That's how I do it.

9. Likes Puma Cat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a 2019 model car and no CD player as an option. I'm trying to figure out how to migrate a fairly large collection of live music and have it with me without having to constantly update my phone. The 64gb of storage means I'll have to delete and add and on long trips be left with less than I'd like. I'm considering a DAP but need to be sure the codecs are compatible with all the formats I have on my hard drives.
    Don Sachs KT88, Don Sachs 6SN7 Line Stage, Common Sense Audio Super AlNico 15" drivers in custom cabinets by Chris Stanfill, Oppo UDP-205, Duelund 20ga ICs, Duelund 16ga speaker cable.

Post Thanks / Like

I know some of you will throw stones at me, but I use Pandora (gasp!) in the car. I primarily listen to podcasts while driving, but when I do want music I use Pandora. I don't have to think about what to play and it integrates well with my BMW. My critical listening and decisions as to what to play are left for my home system.
    Morgan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jethropugh View Post
    I just bought a 2019 model car and no CD player as an option. I'm trying to figure out how to migrate a fairly large collection of live music and have it with me without having to constantly update my phone. The 64gb of storage means I'll have to delete and add and on long trips be left with less than I'd like. I'm considering a DAP but need to be sure the codecs are compatible with all the formats I have on my hard drives.

Many of the newer cars (in the last 5years) can take a USB drive with files. Most will play back MP3 or WMA (look at your manual). I just got a 2020 vehicle that can take FLAC or WAV files up to 192kHz (plays them back at 24/48). Was a pleasant surprise looking thru the manual and finding that out. I just put the music on USB thumb drives. The vehicle manual should also tell you how many files and folders it can handle. Windows I believe has a limitation of 255 files per folder. My new vehicle has a 3,000 folder, 9,999 file limitation but can have two players connected via USB (e.g. thumb drives). I have two connected, one with hi-rez PCM files and another with my non-jazz and classical CD files. I keep another thumb drive in the center console with jazz and classical CD quality and hi-rez (PCM) classical files. In all, between the three thumb drives, I have 12,500 files.
    Main System - Lumin U1, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, EVS 1200 Amp, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel Storm III subs
    Back-up 1 - Hegel H190 Integrated Amp/DAC, Integra DPS 6.9 Transport, 2 Richard Gray cond, Ohm Microwalsh Talls, Rel Strata III sub
    Back-up 2 - Sherbourn Pre-1, Mivera PurePowerSE Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, Sumiko S.5 sub

13. Likes CPP liked this post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast