Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Lumin app on iOS 13

A week ago we released Lumin app version 6.1.9 for iOS 13. We should have another minor update shortly.

If anybody has found any new issue with Lumin app on iOS 13 or iCloud, please let me know.

Thanks.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Re: Lumin app on iOS 13

Hi Peter. I'll pass along a couple of suggestions here if it is ok. While streaming tidal or quobuz while playing song if tap on counter circle and slide control back, there are delays and the timer time jumps around. It doesn't immediatly go to a selected time. Also, if the slider could be longer or wider, it would allow going to a specifictime in the song easier. With the tidal or bluesound app, the slider is almost the entire width of the screen. Because of the small slider, its hard to go back and hear specific passages. Thanks.

Peter, if logged into Tidal on ipad then log in on phone, tidal logs me out of ipad. That is ok because tidal prohibits using from 2 devices at one time I think. However, I think I remember in bluesound it did not log me out but just gave a message saying you could not use on 2 devices. If you can't make that happen maybe you could at least have Lumin OS remember the username and password so it doesn't have to be completely re-entered.

When doing a Tidal searching, I think the Lumin app headings should match Tidals exactly. The Lumin app headings include the artist name which is a little off because the heading results contain other artists, tracks, albums, etc. The headings should also be plurals. For example, a search on Carly Simon on the Tidal app brings up Top Results, Tracks, Artists, Albums, Playlists. The Lumin app adds Carly Simon before bit the results aren't all Carly Simon. The results also include more than one result so the headings should be plural. The Lumin app is also missing the Tidal heading Top Results.

I can login to Tidal on an Aurender and be loged into Tidal in my office on an NAD M10. Never been logged out of Tidal on either device. Lumin might have a bug in its Tidal implementation.

If close lumin app on ipad or ipad automatically closes app for screen timeout, when reopen app the My Music then Settings menus open. It would be nice not to have to close those menus each time and rather go to where left off when app closed.

It would be very cool to be able to have Tidal and Quobuz have some type of option to show HiRes and MQA first in search results.

It seems like Tidal songs are slower to load in lumin compared to bluesound.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio4me View Post
    maybe you could at least have Lumin OS remember the username and password so it doesn't have to be completely re-entered.
    Actually the Lumin players and streamers store your Tidal username and password in the machine, and will automatically log back on after power cycle or as necessary if a Tidal music is streamed.

You need to logout and re-login from Tidal only if something goes wrong. This shouldn't be occurring on a regular basis.

Search results are provided from Tidal / Qobuz services directly.

We probably do more prebuffering from streaming services than other systems (including Roon), in order to cope with a few users' streaming bandwidth or regional Tidal issues. The slower to load is therefore by design.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

You can be logged into as many devices as you want but can only play on one at a time without family plan.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio4me View Post
    Peter, if logged into Tidal on ipad then log in on phone, tidal logs me out of ipad. That is ok because tidal prohibits using from 2 devices at one time I think. However, I think I remember in bluesound it did not log me out but just gave a message saying you could not use on 2 devices. If you can't make that happen maybe you could at least have Lumin OS remember the username and password so it doesn't have to be completely re-entered.
    I can only say that this does not happen for me , i use Ipad and Iphone lumin apps depending on whats
    most handy at the time i need to use it....and have not encountered what you you do.
    I am also not being locked out and have to re-enter my password and username.
    Seems like you might have some kind of bug somewhere.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

We have released another update of Lumin app.

By the way Roon or Photoshop users should not update Mac OS to Catalina.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hhm, I have issues with LUMIN app disconnecting from a Bubble UPNP / MinimServer running on a Mac mini (macOS Mojave) - sorry no LUMIN hardware. All apps are the most recent release, as of today. LUMIN would “forget” the server and hence access to the playlist, Tidal etc. The LUMIN pop up box in the app would be empty. Linn Kazoo would find the server always, so it is definitely available. A force quit (swipe up) of LUMIN app on iPad Pro 11 (iPadOS 13.2) would solve this issue.

Sorry for the double posting. Was not sure if the first message was accepted and then ...
    Last edited by Mountainview; November 5, 2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Double posting

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainview View Post
    Hhm, I have issues with LUMIN app disconnecting from a Bubble UPNP / MinimServer running on a Mac mini (macOS Mojave) - sorry no LUMIN hardware.
    Please try Esoteric Sound Stream app.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Please try Esoteric Sound Stream app.
    Thank you for the tip. Indeed, Esoteric Streaming App seems to connect without issues. Looks like an “older” version of LUMIN?

If that works for you, perhaps you may consider turning off auto update.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    If that works for you, perhaps you may consider turning off auto update.
    You mean “Follow Now Playing”? I tried that in different scenarios, but switching on/off unfortunately would not help.

No, I mean that if this version of the app works for you, then you may keep using it. You may want to turn off auto update for iOS app store to avoid any future updates breaking the operation, since Bubble is not tested.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin app on iOS 13