Goodbye Tahoe, Hello Lexus - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Goodbye Tahoe, Hello Lexus

Congrats Dan. You’ve been eyeing this car from the minute it was announced. Had to scratch that itch I guess.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Congrats Dan. You’ve been eyeing this car from the minute it was announced. Had to scratch that itch I guess.
    Mike.......You're right, I have been eyeing this Lexus model for awhile. I particularly like the Lexus IS350 F Sport for several reasons. I wanted a rear wheel drive vehicle. I have owned a front wheel drive and did not like it. I wanted enough horsepower that the car would be fun to drive and get down the road quick when necessary. The 3.5 liter V6 with 304 hp is plenty of power for me. I wanted a naturally aspirated engine for its long term reliability. Lexus has been making the V6 for years. It is perfected to the precision of a Swiss watch. The complexity of smaller displacement engines with turbos to achieve higher horsepower ultimately means a shorter life span and greater maintenance issues over time. The Lexus IS350 F Sport is manufactured completely in Japan which is another plus in my book. It checks all the boxes for me. I had been looking at a 2019 model, but when this super clean, low mileage, one owner 2017 model showed up I could not resist it. Buying the 2017 model saved me over $17K plus additional taxes versus the 2019 Lexus IS350 F Sport similarly equipped. I am quite pleased with this purchase, and happy to be the new owner of a very fine Lexus automobile.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

3. Likes joeinid, Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the front and rear dash cams and the radar detector installation completed today. All cable concealed, everything working with the ignition. It was quite a chore and took me a little over three hours to get it completed. Looks like a factory install, just how I like it. The Lexus IS350 F Sport is ready to roll.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

5. Likes Mr Peabody, Sean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    I got the front and rear dash cams and the radar detector installation completed today. All cable concealed, everything working with the ignition. It was quite a chore and took me a little over three hours to get it completed. Looks like a factory install, just how I like it. The Lexus IS350 F Sport is ready to roll.

You installed it or had it done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    You installed it or had it done?
    Ed.......I installed the BlackVue DR900S-2CH cameras and the Uniden R3 radar detector. I had both in the Tahoe, so I uninstalled them, then reinstalled them in the Lexus.

Dan

8. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, you are, handy Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Ed.......I installed the BlackVue DR900S-2CH cameras and the Uniden R3 radar detector. I had both in the Tahoe, so I uninstalled them, then reinstalled them in the Lexus.

Aurender ACS10 w/AQ Diamond,
    Mark Levinson #526 & 532h, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

10. Likes Sean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a smart buy. Looks like a brand new car!
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Vitus SM-103 / MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Pacific + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: AQ WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC / AQ Hurricane PCs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    That was a smart buy. Looks like a brand new car!
    Adam.......The fellow who had the vehicle leased it new from Lexus of Orlando. He recently graduated from the University of Florida and had accepted a job offer in Boston. Since this Lexus IS350 F Sport is rear wheel drive he decided it would be wiser to own the all-wheel drive version. He took immaculate care of this Lexus. I feel fortunate to have been found such a nice IS350 F Sport. I just turned over 11,100 miles. It is a joy to drive.
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Dan, indeed a great find and purchase. Glad to hear your install of the dash cams and radar detector are completed and to your satisfaction. Now, get out there and enjoy the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Oppo 203, Lumin D2
    McIntosh MA252
    Magico A3
    Shunyata PS8/Defender/Delta NR
    Venom IC/SC/PC

Post Thanks / Like

Did almost the same a few weeks ago, lexus RC from 2016, fully loaded, low milage, mint condition.

Nice looking IS Dan, enjoy driving it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

15. Likes Marslo liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast