Luxman 590axii vs Pass int 60 - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luxman 590axii vs Pass int 60

No need to go overboard, but I don't think just plugging it into the wall is the answer. How many total components will you end up with in your new system that need power, three?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, PS Audio BHK preamp and 250 amp, Fritz Carrera Be, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC's & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Luxman 590axii vs Pass int 60

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Being a recent returnee to high end home audio (after a 45 year absence) I know very little to nothing about power foundations. I was just going to plug everything into the wall socket.
    Agree that you donít need to go overboard but you do need a decent power conditioner. With V2 recently released, Shunyata Denali 6000S V1 can be had for around $2G. Thereíre a few units on Audiogon.

Or talk to Santa Mike with a budget and heíll hook you up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Being a recent returnee to high end home audio (after a 45 year absence) I know very little to nothing about power foundations. I was just going to plug everything into the wall socket.
    My advice is get everything you want, "then", worry about isolation, power & cables. Do not go there yet..... you can't hear it to evaluate it until you have your system in your own home.

Post Thanks / Like

wrong thread
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sharkmouth; October 24, 2019 at 05:14 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest that if you're not living in a rented space, a dedicated line (or two) with a whole home surge protector should be your first priority. Usually a several hundred dollar investment - a significant upgrade in SQ and protection for your gear. You can do the power conditioner/distributor later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    No need to go overboard, but I don't think just plugging it into the wall is the answer. How many total components will you end up with in your new system that need power, three?

Yeah, three.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Furman power conditioner that I used with my guitar amp. Would that do the trick and help the SQ?

Also, I have a wireless router (Net Gear). Any implications there?

Post Thanks / Like

OK, it's been too quiet around this sub forum. Now I know someone out there has heard both these amps. So, out with it! Tell us how they compare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2