Vitus Audio & AudioQuest Niagara Equipment
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Vitus Audio & AudioQuest Niagara Equipment

I've recently replaced my BAT VK-655SE with a Vitus Audio SS-010 power amp and I was curious about what the owners use for power conditioning! Did anyone experiment with their Vitus Audio amplification & AudioQuest Niagara power conditioning equipment? Thanks!
    Triangle Magellan Cello II < AudioQuest Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AudioQuest NRG-1000 < AudioQuest WEL Signature XLR < exaSound e32 DAC w UpTone JS-2 LPS < SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone UltraCap LPS1.2 < AudioQuest Diamond USB < Apple MacMini i5 w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server < AudioQuest NRG-WEL < Solid Tech Hybrid Platforms < Stillpoints Ultra SS < Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vitus Audio & AudioQuest Niagara Equipment

C'mon guys! Anyone?
    Triangle Magellan Cello II < AudioQuest Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AudioQuest NRG-1000 < AudioQuest WEL Signature XLR < exaSound e32 DAC w UpTone JS-2 LPS < SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone UltraCap LPS1.2 < AudioQuest Diamond USB < Apple MacMini i5 w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server < AudioQuest NRG-WEL < Solid Tech Hybrid Platforms < Stillpoints Ultra SS < Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same question. Whats best? PS Audio P20 or Audioquest Niagara 7000? I only tried the LAB 12 Gordian. Blacker background, but dynamics are not that great.
    Vitus SIA-025Mk2, SS-025, SCD-025Mk2, Simon Yorks S9, Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron, Omtec Antares, Gauder RC7 Mk2, Oppo BDP-105D tuned by Gert Volk Audio, Aural Symphonics power bar, Copulare Grand Porto, Magnan Signature, Magnan Vi, Göbel Lacorde Statement, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Shun Mook Mpingo Discs, Shun Mook diamond resonators, ahp Klangmodul 4g fuse module, HMS wall socket, Ansuz Darkz

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Shunyata when I had my Vitus gear. I quite liked it.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Since my last post I've succeded in testing a Niagara 5000 in my sistem along the Vitus amp. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me. Niagara does a very good job at lowering the noisefloor (quite a lot, actually) and as a consequence the system's sound has an increased separation, is airier and you can hear a tad more microdetails. It's a nice surprise to find out that Niagara doesn't affect the macrodynamics at all. The bass is exactly as before (without extra extension, more punch, detail or texture). What the Niagara 5000 does wrong (I've already sent it back) is that it eats some microdynamics... The voices, the instruments just pick up some tension with the AQ power conditioner. They don't sound as natural or organic as they sounded with the Vitus fed directly from the wall. This comes from an AQ fan that wanted and needed a power conditioner to rule them all. I really think that the Niagara is one hell of a conditioner but it doesn't seem to get along with my Vitus.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Vitus Audio &amp; AudioQuest Niagara Equipment

In our AQ system, we prefer to always run the amps into the wall and preamp/sources/Phonostage/etc into the conditioners. The Niagara works great on sources/preamp/etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

7. Likes Kingsrule liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With my system (MSB and Vandersteen) and the Niagara 7000, I experienced a significant drop in noise which brought out a lot more subtleties and nuance in the recordings. I did not notice any loss in micro or macro dynamics. I significantly prefer the sound of the low current outlets on the 7000 vs. the 5000. The high current outlets sound identical because they have identical circuitry. YMMV with Vitus.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    With my system (MSB and Vandersteen) and the Niagara 7000, I experienced a significant drop in noise which brought out a lot more subtleties and nuance in the recordings. I did not notice any loss in micro or macro dynamics. I significantly prefer the sound of the low current outlets on the 7000 vs. the 5000. The high current outlets sound identical because they have identical circuitry. YMMV with Vitus.

Best,
    Ken
    My IsoTek did wonders with my BAT VK-655SE. I'm sure Niagara would have done the same. But it seems that Vitus plays differently cause it doesn't work with neither IsoTek nor AQ Niagara.

10. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vitus Audio &amp; AudioQuest Niagara Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    In our AQ system, we prefer to always run the amps into the wall and preamp/sources/Phonostage/etc into the conditioners. The Niagara works great on sources/preamp/etc.

I'm interested to understand what you are hearing that is causing you to skip using the high current outlets for the amp(s). Could you provide some insight here Mike? Thanks!
    Morgan

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vitus Audio &amp; AudioQuest Niagara Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by MPW View Post
    I'm interested to understand what you are hearing that is causing you to skip using the high current outlets for the amp(s). Could you provide some insight here Mike? Thanks!
    Lack of dynamics. Don’t strangle the amp(s). Give them a dedicated outlet and they will sing. The noise really comes through the sources and preamp and that’s where, IMO, a great conditioner pays huge dividends. There are exceptions to this: like some SET amps. They can benefit from being plugged into a power conditioner. People just need to experiment. Of course, some may prefer the added noise reduction to greater dynamics. Just need to experiment.

13. Thanks MPW thanked for this post
    Likes Kingsrule liked this post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast