Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

MSB discrete dac not showing up on new Roon Core

I've switched computer from a MacPro 2013 to a new iMac Pro. I've installed Roon on the new computer and disabled the old computer as the Roon Core. Problem is my MSB Discrete Dac renderer V2 is not showing up as a network connected device on the new Roon core. I've powered cycled the MSB DAC several times, but that doesn't help. Everything worked fine on the old computer as of this morning.
    Any ideas ?

Thanks
    My system:
    Power: PS Audio P15 , dedicated 20amp circuits
    Front End: MSB Discrete DAC with MSB renderer

Pre: Simaudio Moon 740P
    Amp: McIntosh MC462
    Speakers: B&W 802 D3
    Interconnects: AQ Earth XLR and Stealth Metacarbon
    Speaker Cable: AQ Type 4 (20 ft runs)

Re: MSB discrete dac not showing up on new Roon Core

I am sure others will chime in with suggestions but the first thing that comes to my mind is to make sure that the new computer and the MSB are both connected to the same network.

I would power on and of off your router, wireless device, whichever device is running Roon and your MSB device.

You should then be able to see the MSB listed under Networked devices in the Audio section of Setting in Roon.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Agree, power everything down including the router and then power them back up in order one at a time when the previous one is fully up and running. Sometimes you can just swap out a device in the middle of the network chain without a full chain power cycle.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Audioshark

Remember to add it as a device in setting of roon. It won’t just show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Remember to add it as a device in setting of roon. It won’t just show up.

I never had to "add" a device, if they are on your network they will show up. Once they show up you must then "Enable" the devices to get it then to work as endpoints.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I never had to "add" a device, if they are on your network they will show up. Once they show up you must then "Enable" the devices to get it then to work as endpoints.
    Enable is what I meant.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Thanks. Is the renderer supposed to work with a Roon core on a wireless connection ? As soon as I plugged my hardwire internet cable into the new computer, the renderer showed up in Roon as expected.
    My system:

Quote Originally Posted by mintakax View Post
    Thanks. Is the renderer supposed to work with a Roon core on a wireless connection ? As soon as I plugged my hardwire internet cable into the new computer, the renderer showed up in Roon as expected.
    Roon can work vía wifi. Not sure about your renderer but I would assume it does.

If using Wi-Fi, you need to connect both devices to your Wi-Fi network.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    Roon can work vía wifi. Not sure about your renderer but I would assume it does.

If using Wi-Fi, you need to connect both devices to your Wi-Fi network.
    I'm really not sure if the MSB discrete renderer works with a wifi Roon Core . It doesn't matter to me since I now have my Roon Core computer hard wired.
    My system:

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

MSB discrete dac not showing up on new Roon Core