USB Driver Problem - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: USB Driver Problem

"The simplest solution is to play files from my drive through my Oppo 205's DAC and forget my laptop altogether!
    "

That's what I do in my two home theatre rooms as the Oppo is a basic server, vs just a transport and Dac like the esoteric K series.

I just plug my 8 Tb Seagates to the Oppo205s USB drive inputs. I have about 2200 albums ranging from 44 to 192kh, Flac, Wav and Apple Lossless, and it plays them all direct from my USB Disk.

My 205s organizes music by album, genre, artist and does a pretty good job with artwork.

It does take a long time for the Oppo to read and catalogue the first time if you have a multi TB music library and it takes a while to scroll thru to find what you want to play.

My 105 did the same thing, but was quite a bit slower. 205 was a nice improvement in user interface speed as well as the sound improvement from the newer DAC chip.

Avantgarde Duo Mezzo,
    Nagra VPA, FW J-2,
    Conrad Johnson GAT, Zesto Tessera
    Esoteric K-01X, Esoteric N-01,

Clearaudio Innovation TT,
    Graham Phantom 2 Supreme Arm/Ortofon Anna, Bobs Sky 2 SUT
    Clearaudio Universal Arm/Benz LPS,

Galibier TT,
    Graham Phantom Elite Arm/Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement,

Kubala Elation Cabling, Shunyata Trident, Typhon QR
    Zoethecus stands, Minus K platform

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the Oppo phone app, nor do I like having to have my TV on to navigate through the files--I much prefer my JRiver MC interface. I'm doing a System Restore at the moment to take my laptop back to when it was working. Fingers crossed!
    DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB 13 Ultra subwoofer; McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Sennheiser HD800S and MrSpeakers Aeon Flow (closed) headphones
    ~John~

3. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is an option, the easiest thing for you to do is to go back to the previous version of Windows that was working for you. I believe that windows gives you that option.

I would suggest that you deactivate the automatic software update on all your devices If available. That allows you to install the updates manually only after the bugs have been ironed out.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a system restore (at a point before the updates) and reinstalled the DAC's driver--all is well now.
    DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB 13 Ultra subwoofer; McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Sennheiser HD800S and MrSpeakers Aeon Flow (closed) headphones
    ~John~

6. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Phew!!! Congratulations!
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

8. Thanks Bachtoven thanked for this post
    Likes Bachtoven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!
    ~John~

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still getting a lot of dropouts, with both the Qobuz app and Audivrana Plus. The latter gets so bad that it skips to the next track! So, I ordered a MacBook Pro last week and it arrives today. After it's up and running, I'll report back.
    ~John~

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, I forgot to report back about my MacBook Pro--it's fantastic! No drivers, no dropouts, just gloriously clear sound. I wasn't expecting the audio to actually sound better, but it definitely sounds more transparent. Whatever was causing the dropouts and stuttering obviously affected the actual sound quality. The Qobuz Mac app works much better than the Windows version, and I really like Roon for playing hi-res files (On a free trial at the moment). Best of all, the MA900's DAC option doesn't constantly disappear from Qobuz, JRiver, or Roon. I'm ditching JRiver--Roon works and sounds better.
    ~John~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2