New!!! Klipsch Cornwall IV ..... - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New!!! Klipsch Cornwall IV .....

Sean of Zero Fidelity reviews the Cornwall IV. I settled on tubes for now, Quicksilver Horn Monos to be specific. The softer treble of the Quickie balances the Klipsch's tendancy towards a zippy top end when using the 'wrong' amp. One other observation, I will be experimenting with pedestals to raise the speaker the tweeters are at or just below ear level and from 8-9 ft away in my listening chair, if I crouch down the presentation is smoother listening on the mid-horn's axis.

Linn Kilmax LP12 | Bakoon Japan | Innuos | Klipsch Cornwall IV

2. Likes joeinid, Billion$Baby liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting the video. Sean can be trusted. He explains what he hears well and in relation to other gear.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2), Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was using my father's '79 Cornwall's, I used a 0.75" thick strip of wood under the front part of the riser to tilt the speaker up a little (kinda like the Heresy's), and it did the trick. Then I did the ultimate tweak... Disconnected the midrange and tweeter completely and slapped a big ole' honkin' Altec 511B horn on top with a 902-8 driver on the back of it, and active crossover.

And on that note, I love my little Heresy III's. Once they're blended in properly with a couple of stereo subs and have some tubes in front of them, they're sublime. I can only imagine what the new Cornwall IV's sound like.
    Charles
    Preamp | Amplifiers: Schiit Freya + | Schiit Mani | Schiit Aegir x 2
    Analog Sources: Music Hall MMF-7.3 w/ Ortofon 2M Bronze
    Digital Sources:
    Bluesound Node 2, Roku Ultra
    Speakers: Klipsch Heresy III | Polk Audio PSW505 x 2
    Power Conditioning: Blue Circle Audio, APC
    Cables:
    Audioquest, Wireworld, Pangea Audio, Mojo Audio

5. Likes joeinid liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2