Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cord Cutting Options

I’m thinking about getting rid of Directv. I find myself rarely watching TV, other than the news, and the NFL. Most of the shows I watch are on HBO & Showtime.. or on Netflix.

I’m trying YouTube TV for the Vikings game today. The resolution seems slightly better than my Directv feed.

I’m using an Apple TV 4K. Which has a better picture than the Nvidia Shield 4K it replaces.

Any thoughts, or experiences anyone can share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

Re: Cord Cutting Options

The cable providers have a tendency to bundle their services. For example, Verizon gives you a "triple play": phone, internet, and cable for a bundled price. The thing is that if you only want one or two of those services, they change the price so that you end up saving very little.
    In my particular case, internet speed drives my selection. I don't care for cable but I do care about streaming (Netflix, AppleTV, Amazon, etc.) and for that the faster internet speed the better.
    I had DirectTV years ago,but as soon as FIOS internet became available in my area, I cancelled.
    The only one thing that I use cable for is for recording certain shows that I can watch later. However, many channels now allow you to stream those shows provided that... You have a cable account. Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan View Post
    I’m thinking about getting rid of Directv. I find myself rarely watching TV, other than the news, and the NFL. Most of the shows I watch are on HBO & Showtime.. or on Netflix.

I’m trying YouTube TV for the Vikings game today. The resolution seems slightly better than my Directv feed.

I’m using an Apple TV 4K. Which has a better picture than the Nvidia Shield 4K it replaces.

Any thoughts, or experiences anyone can share?

I got rid of Directv as well. I auditioned Hulu, Sling, Atnt, and YouTube TV. Selected YouTube TV. Has all the local channels and enough of a variety of other channels to keep me interested. Also got the basic Hulu package, so for 60.00 a month between YouTube TV and Hulu I have my basic video needs met. Also have Netflix and Prime, so am good to go for the foreseeable future. I use ROKU to control my various streaming options.

Cheers....
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

i'm a sports junkie, got to have them all, so i have to be wired. just the way it is....at this point in time.

otherwise it would be an easy move to cut the cord. on line + 4K discs have all the other content i need. don't watch commercial TV at all other than sports.

In a metro area you can get all your local channels and a host of other digital channels with an antenna. (reception may vary)

HBO has their own streaming service, not sure where to subscribe.

I haven't cut the cord yet, although I rarely watch TV, prefer my audio rig. I'd be satisfied with an antenna so I can watch the news. My wife likes the DVR thing. I know there's probably options for that, but, creatures of habit. I do have at least 100 mbps but the less draw on that the better since I'm sometimes streaming music
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

I wish it was broken up into channels. I don’t need packages.

Local News and Weather
    National and World News and Weather
    NFL, MLB, NBA
    NetFlix

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

I was just thinking of this earlier. I pay Comcast $140/month (Internet and TV), while rarely watching TV. Now that I am retired I am getting into the ‘every penny counts’ mode of thinking.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

We canceled our directv yesterday. I hooked up a Apple TV 4K on each of my TVs. Subscribed to YouTube TV for $50 a month. Also signed up for HBO Now and Showtime Anytime. Total cost is $75 a month. I already have Netflix and Prime, so I was spending that already.

It has all of my local channels, and everything I like to watch. The interface is great, far better than directv. My wife and I think the picture quality is better as well.

Super easy to set up after the first TV. Just kept my iPad next to the Apple TV on the other setups and it mirrors the settings and apps of the first one.

Can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner. Better all around and I’ll save $800 a year.

-Kyle

Audioshark

We canceled our directv yesterday. I hooked up a Apple TV 4K on each of my TVs. Subscribed to YouTube TV for $50 a month. Also signed up for HBO Now and Showtime Anytime. Total cost is $75 a month. I already have Netflix and Prime, so I was spending that already.

It has all of my local channels, and everything I like to watch. The interface is great, far better than directv. My wife and I think the picture quality is better as well.

Super easy to set up after the first TV. Just kept my iPad next to the Apple TV on the other setups and it mirrors the settings and apps of the first one.

Can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner. Better all around and I’ll save $800 a year.

The Apple TV has local channels?

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The Apple TV has local channels?

I believe the You Tube subscription gives you all the local channels.

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    Correct. YouTube TV has all my local channels except PBS.

-Kyle

I seem to be stuck with DirectTV Because I need their Sunday Ticket to view out of market NFL games. I am unfortunately addicted to following the Washington Redskins — The worst team in football, with The worst owner, and an arguably racist name.

Does anyone know an alternative way to stream out of market NFL games?
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post
    I seem to be stuck with DirectTV Because I need their Sunday Ticket to view out of market NFL games. I am unfortunately addicted to following the Washington Redskins — The worst team in football, with The worst owner, and an arguably racist name.

Good question, I need NFL and local networks, I would love to go to a cut the cord approach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Audioshark

Wow. Ok. Didn’t know.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post

Fubo TV has out of market games, not sure what else it provides.

YouTube TV has all the local channels. I do miss having PBS. I love watching PBS news hour. I have the PBS app, but I can’t watch it live.

-Kyle

I cancelled the TV portion of my $350/mth Cox bill and saved $225. I use amazon Firecube, pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime and bought 1 of these for local channels.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mounted outside on my patio cover and ran coax along the wall and into my family room connected to TV antenna coax input Use TV tuner for local stations. TV runs sound thru ARC in to my home theatre system. I get all the local stations including PBS. Only thing i miss is Cox's user guide and DVR capability, but i might get a TIVO later.

The Firecube is nice in that its voice controlled, has 4k and the remote programed itself to turn on my TV, AVR and control the system volume, even for over air broadcast TV. It can also turn on Alexa enabled devices in your home. As an example, I can voice control my Pools Pentair automation system from the TV now.
    Avantgarde Duo Mezzo,
    Nagra VPA 845 mono blocks, Audio Note UK Shinri 300B mono blocks, AudioPax KT88 monoblocks
    Conrad Johnson GAT, Zesto Tessera
    Esoteric K-01X, Esoteric N-01,

Clearaudio Innovation TT,
    Graham Phantom 2 Supreme Arm/Ortofon Anna, Bobs Sky 2 SUT
    Clearaudio Universal Arm/Benz LPS
    Minus K isolation platform

Galibier TT,
    Graham Phantom Elite Arm/Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement,

Kubala Elation Cabling, Shunyata Trident 3, Typhon QR
    Zoethecus stands,

Audioshark

What do you do for DVR/PVR options?

You Tube TV allows you to record shows just like you would on a TiVo.
    Gary
    Main: Lumin A1, Accuphase E-650, Tannoy Canterbury GR, Shunyata, Audience
    Secondary: Lumin M1, Linton Heritage, Shunyata, Audience

If u want to record over air broadcast, you need something like TIVO or Amazon recast.
    Avantgarde Duo Mezzo,
    Nagra VPA 845 mono blocks, Audio Note UK Shinri 300B mono blocks, AudioPax KT88 monoblocks
    Conrad Johnson GAT, Zesto Tessera
    Esoteric K-01X, Esoteric N-01,

Clearaudio Innovation TT,
    Graham Phantom 2 Supreme Arm/Ortofon Anna, Bobs Sky 2 SUT
    Clearaudio Universal Arm/Benz LPS
    Minus K isolation platform

Galibier TT,
    Graham Phantom Elite Arm/Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement,

Kubala Elation Cabling, Shunyata Trident 3, Typhon QR
    Zoethecus stands,

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    You Tube TV allows you to record shows just like you would on a TiVo.
    Thanks. Any limit?

Unlimited storage
    Gary

Audioshark

Unlimited storage
    Me likey. Going to have to dig hard on this. So it the setup is Apple TV and YouTube TV. Anything else?

Although not essential, you might want to get a Logitech remote control. Personally, I don’t care for the remote that comes with Apple TV nor the version that runs on iPad/iPhone.
    Gary

Audioshark

Although not essential, you might want to get a Logitech remote control. Personally, I don’t care for the remote that comes with Apple TV nor the version that runs on iPad/iPhone.
    I tried it today at the apple store and I concur! The only issue I guess is all the menu paths to go from NHL hockey game to a local channel.

I tried it today at the apple store and I concur! The only issue I guess is all the menu paths to go from NHL hockey game to a local channel.

Unless you find a NHL game on your local channel, just leave it on hockey!!
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Unless you find a NHL game on your local channel, just leave it on hockey!!
    Exactly! Go Bolts!!!

jUST CURIOUS, WHEN YOU SAY LOCAL CHANNELS, IS THAT JUST THE MAIN NETWORKS AFFILIATE OR DOES IT INCLUDE THE ADDITIONAL DIGITAL CHANNELS AS WELL? fOR EXAMPLE, HERE CHANNEL 4 IS OUR cbs STATION, HOWEVER, WITH AN ANTENNA CHANNEL 4 HAS ADDITIONAL STATIONS LIKE 4.1, 4.2 ETC. pbs IS LOADED.

Correct. YouTube TV has all my local channels except PBS.

Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

We moved recently and dumped DTV for YoutubeTV. And I’m a sports guy, although don’t require Sunday ticket. I believe Sling or Fobu has that fyi.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Audioshark

I purchased a Apple TV a few weeks back and have been experimenting with cutting the cord, before actually cutting the cord.

Thanks to you guys, I had a good road map to follow.

I ran into some snags, but overcame the quickly. I started with wifi and it was just ok. So drop outs. I think switched to Ethernet and had some of the same issues until I realized I was using an old 10/100 switch. Throw that out and put in a Gigabit Ethernet switch and we are off the races.

So far, I’m really impressed. The picture quality is indeed better. I love the Apple TV remote and features. The voice search works and I love that feature.

I wish we could fast forward through on demand shows, but DVR’d shows you can. Just have to remember to create a list of shows.

By subscribing to YouTube TV, I get all the channels I normally watch and have access to those same channels on mobile devices.

So far, so good.

Mike, this is exciting! Do you have your Ethernet hard-wired to your router? I don’t have a router close to my TVs, so was wondering if WiFi would work well or at least sufficiently? Thanks.

Audioshark

Mike, this is exciting! Do you have your Ethernet hard-wired to your router? I don’t have a router close to my TVs, so was wondering if WiFi would work well or at least sufficiently? Thanks.
    Depends on the wifi I guess. Try it. Apple TV was cheap ($130 on Black Friday).

Cord Cutting Options

I purchased a Apple TV a few weeks back and have been experimenting with cutting the cord, before actually cutting the cord.

Thanks to you guys, I had a good road map to follow.

I ran into some snags, but overcame the quickly. I started with wifi and it was just ok. So drop outs. I think switched to Ethernet and had some of the same issues until I realized I was using an old 10/100 switch. Throw that out and put in a Gigabit Ethernet switch and we are off the races.

So far, I’m really impressed. The picture quality is indeed better. I love the Apple TV remote and features. The voice search works and I love that feature.

I wish we could fast forward through on demand shows, but DVR’d shows you can. Just have to remember to create a list of shows.

By subscribing to YouTube TV, I get all the channels I normally watch and have access to those same channels on mobile devices.

So far, so good.

I was hoping to cut the cord, and literally just pulled 3 of them and replaced with the new XFinity boxes that contains the apps we use. As much as I hate cable and their prices, their new boxes are slick and I get to watch NFL.

Apple TV does benefit with Power and Ethernet cables, and you don’t need Uber expensive to see and hear a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The cable companies have it all figured out. They claim that you can do all kind of changes online. But when you go online and try to cut your services, then they tell you that can only do so by phone. Answering those calls are very well trained individuals whose job is to keep you hooked. The first thing they ask you is: Do you watch sports? If you say yes, that plays to their advantage. They already know what they can offer that other providers can't and they use that to keep you into their system. If you still insist on dropping services, then they will politely remind you that you have a XX months left on your contract and that you will incur termination fees. If that still does not bother you and you still want to keep internet, their price for internet service alone will be higher than what you can get from the same provider when opening a new account with no terms!

By the way, they know if you have been looking around for lower internet services. It is a well oiled-machine that the cable companies run.

I just went through that with my cable provider. I still decided to "cut the cord" for the TV and keep the internet connection.

I tried YouTube TV and liked it. The GUI is a big improvement over that of Verizon TV. The nice thing is that I can pause the YouTube TV subscription whenever I feel like. No commitments at all. If I add what I will pay for Internet and YouTube TV, I will be just about even to what I was paying before, but I am not tied up to any of those two services for any set term.

Fubo TV has out of market games, not sure what else it provides.

YouTube TV has all the local channels. I do miss having PBS. I love watching PBS news hour. I have the PBS app, but I can’t watch it live.

YouTube TV now carries PBS

I recently switched from cable to YouTube TV as well and have been very happy with the change. Lower cost, no commitment, reasonably high quality feed, nice interface...
    Morgan

NEW SYSTEM UNDER CONSTRUCTION

[QUOTE=nicoff;290007]YouTube TV now carries PBS

i Just noticed this as well when I turned on YouTube TV today.....
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Cord Cutting Options

[QUOTE=MRJAZZ;290040]
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    YouTube TV now carries PBS

i Just noticed this as well when I turned on YouTube TV today.....
    Now that I have PBS Newshour back I'm thrilled. Very happy with my decision.

I bought a Netgear gaming WiFi router to keep up with the additional internet traffic in the house, and it's worked perfectly.

-Kyle

Audioshark

Cord Cutting Options

Well, thanks to you guys, my experiment is complete. We have Apple TV 4K’s on every TV now. We cut the cable and our bill WOULD have gone down from $189/month to $69/month. Instead, I switched us from 75mbps/up/down to 1gbps up/down and the bill went to $125/month.

I then set up a new mesh network in the house with Eero (which is quite fast wireless).

Very happy with the decision. Thanks guys!

Well, thanks to you guys, my experiment is complete. We have Apple TV 4K’s on every TV now. We cut the cable and our bill WOULD have gone down from $189/month to $69/month. Instead, I switched us from 75mbps/up/down to 1gbps up/down and the bill went to $125/month.

I then set up a new mesh network in the house with Eero (which is quite fast wireless).

Very happy with the decision. Thanks guys!

Mike ??, are you getting live local channels ?, when I checked on this with Apple TV, in my location I have to pay to add "Spectrum" ( my cable provider) to get local channels or add something like Hulu Live at $50 a month) . Am I missing something . Thanks
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Mike ??, are you getting live local channels ?, when I checked on this with Apple TV, in my location I have to pay to add "Spectrum" ( my cable provider) to get local channels or add something like Hulu Live at $50 a month) . Am I missing something . Thanks
    Yes, you subscribe to YouTube TV and get all your local channels and more. Check YouTube TV for your area. Note, youtube tv includes an unlimited DVR. Love the voice dictation, example “Seinfeld” and poof up they come.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Cord cutting is difficult if you watch a lot of sports.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    Cord cutting is difficult if you watch a lot of sports.
    Haven’t found anything I can’t get now that I used to get with Frontier. I’m not much of a football guy (way too much standing around - like baseball). I will watch the playoffs or superbowl. During the season, I only watch hockey really. A real sport! Cord Cutting Options

Banned

If you have a good internet speed - https://ustvgo.tv - is excellent. It includes a lot of sports, HBO, etc. And best of all it's FREE!!!

Audioshark

To clarify, youtube tv is an app you download onto the Apple TV 4K. So
    Is amazon prime, Netflix, etc. The Apple TV search function will search everything at once. The dictation is great.

Is Apple TV 4K hardware to buy? I am thinking of cutting my cable TV since I rarely watch it. I do need the cable line for Internet access.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Is Apple TV 4K hardware to buy? I am thinking of cutting my cable TV since I rarely watch it. I do need the cable line for Internet access.
    Yes. A small box, maybe 3x3x1?

Very simple and yes cables enhance video and sound Cord Cutting Options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just finished reading Apple TV website. Need to take a break, and reread it again later.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Audioshark

A side benefit is you can have YOUTUBE TV on all your devices. Watch loads of channels on your phone while waiting for the wife or something.

I’m gonna look into YouTube tv. Cable needs to go, I’m sick and tired of getting ripped off by them knowingly year after year.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    I’m gonna look into YouTube tv. Cable needs to go, I’m sick and tired of getting ripped off by them knowingly year after year.
    I suggest getting a single Apple TV 4K 32GB and subscribe to YouTube TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime. Download the YouTube TV app to your phone to easily set the shows to record (that’s the only way to skip the commercials). It’s literally as easy as typing in the show name and then clicking the plus sign. With YouTube TV on your phone, your channels are mobile.

Once you lived with it for a month, than you can cut the cord with confidence.

I’ve found the picture quality better than cable to boot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Cord Cutting Options