Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Cord Cutting Options

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I suggest getting a single Apple TV 4K 32GB and subscribe to YouTube TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime. Download the YouTube TV app to your phone to easily set the shows to record (that’s the only way to skip the commercials). It’s literally as easy as typing in the show name and then clicking the plus sign. With YouTube TV on your phone, your channels are mobile.

Once you lived with it for a month, than you can cut the cord with confidence.

I’ve found the picture quality better than cable to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the suggestion, Mike. Already have 2 AppleTV’s at home and subscriptions to Netflix, Prime and AppleTV+. Somehow I never look into YouTube TV. Cord Cutting Options

Haven’t found anything I can’t get now that I used to get with Frontier. I’m not much of a football guy (way too much standing around - like baseball). I will watch the playoffs or superbowl. During the season, I only watch hockey really. A real sport! Cord Cutting Options

I have DirecTV which has tons of out of town sports which I need since I follow the NY teams but live outside Philly. Plus, it has the NFL Sunday ticket for football fans.

I agree with your comments about Apple TV. Not only does it get all the apps but the picture and audio quality are great. I much prefer it to my Roku.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

I've had the antenna thing for about three years. Picture quality is way better than any compressed cable company. The part I like most is it is a one time cost. Paid $350 for the antenna and install never paid a dime since. I get my local channels this way. I also you get my American feed for Super Bowl. If you are considering this option make sure you can receive ASTC 3.0 as the standard is just upgrading.
    I also have a Roku stick which I recommend. My daughter had the apple tv in her room I find the Roku a sharper picture than the apple.

I wanted to make a change but can’t pencil it out or balance the benefits to push out cable and cutting the cord to me means lowering the monthly cost.

I would love to save $100 per month and not be limited, and up to $200 per month with other non related subscriptions I have that are not needed.

YouTube TV is $50.00 per month and Netflix I’m thinking is around $12-15.00 on a family pack, Prime is included as part of their delivery service.

Now add in Internet and the cost seems to be a push.

Plus side on cable it is more reliable from uptime to not loading - both have voice commands now and the new XFinity X1 boxes have Netflix and Prime apps plus more.

I really want the attic mount antenna option to bring down the cost to the antenna itself with no reoccurring charges, just don’t know how it feeds 3 TVs without losing signal strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I wanted to make a change but can’t pencil it out or balance the benefits to push out cable and cutting the cord to me means lowering the monthly cost.

I would love to save $100 per month and not be limited, and up to $200 per month with other non related subscriptions I have that are not needed.

YouTube TV is $50.00 per month and Netflix I’m thinking is around $12-15.00 on a family pack, Prime is included as part of their delivery service.

Now add in Internet and the cost seems to be a push.

Plus side on cable it is more reliable from uptime to not loading - both have voice commands now and the new XFinity X1 boxes have Netflix and Prime apps plus more.

I really want the attic mount antenna option to bring down the cost to the antenna itself with no reoccurring charges, just don’t know how it feeds 3 TVs without losing signal strength.

I've been doing some research as well, trying to eliminate Spectrum Cable TV. Going through all of my wife's channels and my channels. I want Live TV, for the local news especially during hurricane season as I live to close to the ocean . Looking at Mikes suggestions, but a few channels are not in the package, so I guess its a $4.99 a month add for History Channel and youTube WENT UP TO $50-55.00 a month. So its still research.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

I come about even by cutting the cord and choosing YouTube TV and HBO Go. But I no longer have a long term subscription and I can pause/stop any service at any time. I hated paying rent forever for old boxes without having a choice.

It appears it doesn’t work on a TV.

“Ustvgo.tv is a website made for computer, mobile, and tablet. So it may not works or not working very well on other devices. We recommended you to use it on a computer with a Google Chrome browser.”

https://ustvgo.tv/faq/
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    It appears it doesn’t work on a TV.

“Ustvgo.tv is a website made for computer, mobile, and tablet. So it may not works or not working very well on other devices. We recommended you to use it on a computer with a Google Chrome browser.”

https://ustvgo.tv/faq/
    I've never tried it on a TV. I use my Mac mini which us connected to my TV. If not directly from a TV then perhaps mirror it from another device to a TV will work.

Here’s a reverse question on sticking with cable

I had my Apple TV running through Oppo HDMI In the Oppo HDMI out to the TV

It connected with adapters your the Pre and also digital to the DAC

I really like the sound of 2 channel but could never get the voice to be identical the image - it was so bad I ripped it all out and debating a simple sound bar and out of room cable box with long cable runs

Thoughts?

Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Audioshark

Here’s a reverse question on sticking with cable

I had my Apple TV running through Oppo HDMI In the Oppo HDMI out to the TV

It connected with adapters your the Pre and also digital to the DAC

I really like the sound of 2 channel but could never get the voice to be identical the image - it was so bad I ripped it all out and debating a simple sound bar and out of room cable box with long cable runs

Thoughts?

Wasn’t the issue with the Apple TV. It’s with the oppo. Connect Apple TV direct to tv and no issues or go through a proper SSP like NAD M17 v2 for everything. No latency issues. If your tv has two hdmi inputs, one for Apple TV and one for oppo. Sound bar can help with clarity of voices.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Cord Cutting Options

Wasn’t the issue with the Apple TV. It’s with the oppo. Connect Apple TV direct to tv and no issues or go through a proper SSP like NAD M17 v2 for everything. No latency issues. If your tv has two hdmi inputs, one for Apple TV and one for oppo. Sound bar can help with clarity of voices.
    Totally agree it’s something with interpretation with Oppo. Just seeing if I missed something.

Gonna go the sound bar route since I really don’t use the TV anymore in the listening room and if I don’t do that may pull it and move the turntable and add reel to reel so I will be completely stupid.

Thanks for the response!

Audioshark

Totally agree it’s something with interpretation with Oppo. Just seeing if I missed something.

Gonna go the sound bar route since I really don’t use the TV anymore in the listening room and if I don’t do that may pull it and move the turntable and add reel to reel so I will be completely stupid.

Thanks for the response!

No problem. The new B&W Formation soundbar with sub is quite nice.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Audioshark

Well, a month into full cord cutting and I don’t miss it! Thanks to all you guys and your pointers for success.

Being out of the region for my sports teams (Cardinals and Blues) makes the cord cutting decision even easier. MLB and NHL packages bundled with Netflix and Amazon Prime makes for a plethora of good content.

Might look into that HBO Max service when it debuts in May.

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Quick question. My home is Apple-centric. But if I primarily use Netflix and Amazon Prime and my 4K TV supports these apps, why add Apple TV to the mix?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    Quick question. My home is Apple-centric. But if I primarily use Netflix and Amazon Prime and my 4K TV supports these apps, why add Apple TV to the mix?
    I would say if you want other apps like YouTube TV for local stations.

I would say if you want other apps like YouTube TV for local stations.

And if you don’t, your set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cord Cutting Options

If you rent a movie through the Apple store, your rental shows up in AppleTV and you can watch it using AppleTV. Also, you can use Netflix and Amazon Prime within AppleTV. Apple TV can also do voice searches.
    And since you have an Apple Centric home, through AppleTV you can watch all of your photos that reside in any of your Apple devices via Airplay.

Here’s my bill. Around $275/mo. for TV, Internet and phone. Monthly charges for four boxes @ $5/mo. each and $14/mo. For a modem seem ridiculous too. Question. If I get rid of TV there is a $93/mo. charge for Internet. Will Xfinity try to jack up that price claiming I’m getting a package deal? Any advice? Does Internet price seem out of line? Would love to cut the cord!

Thanks.

PS: how do I get my attachment inline?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Find out what Xfinity charges for a new internet only account per month. That should be your guide.
    Also find out if there other internet providers in your area. You should be able to use a router of your choosing (that you own).
    You will still need to pay for Netflix and Amazon separately.
    My plan is to subscribe to YouTube TV but only sporadically (for certain events of interest for example the Summer Olympics).

Audioshark

Frontier didn’t with me. What I did however was upgrade from 75 MBPS up/down to 1000 MPBS and still saved money.

For those who cut the cord and want to watch the Superbowl this evening, you can stream it for free using the Fox Sports App with your favorite streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, etc.).
    You can also watch it in 4k if you use Amazon Fire TV and you have a 4k TV.

I’m now ~5 months into YouTube TV, and the rest of my streaming apps. I do not miss DirecTV one bit. I live about 30 minutes west of Minneapolis, and out here we only have MediaCom for internet, which caps me at 100 gigs a month. I’ve ended up paying about 50% more on my internet then I was before.. but still happy. I’m sure that cost will go down in a couple of years once my kids aren’t in the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

I cut the cord to the home phone as well. Ported the old home number to Google Voice and now pay nothing.

Reviving this thread. Just cut the cord - canceled cable. Is YouTube TV still the one to go with? Now up to $65/mo. Using Apple TV 4K. The older Apple TVs don’t have the YouTube TV app available.

Audioshark

Reviving this thread. Just cut the cord - canceled cable. Is YouTube TV still the one to go with? Now up to $65/mo. Using Apple TV 4K. The older Apple TVs don’t have the YouTube TV app available.
    For me, yes. I haven’t looked back in a year. With the money I saved over cable, I added NetFlix (which I swore I wouldn’t like, but have found I love it for the documentaries (nerd alert)) and HBO and Hulu. There are definitely alternatives, but I’m very happy with what we have and love the unlimited DVR. You can set it up to record entire series (I just did that for Everybody Loves Raymond) and it’s sorts of by season and episode when you’re done. Nice!

Only dislike? The Apple remote takes some getting used to. I should find an alternative.

[QUOTE=Mike;310021]Only dislike? The Apple remote takes some getting used to. I should find an alternative.

Mike, I find the Apple TV remote very awkward and difficult to maneuver with. If you use an iPhone, the “Remote” app is fantastic and so far superior to the remote that comes with the Apple TV.

Cord Cutting Options

[QUOTE=RDSChicago;310022]
    Only dislike? The Apple remote takes some getting used to. I should find an alternative.

Mike, I find the Apple TV remote very awkward and difficult to maneuver with. If you use an iPhone, the “Remote” app is fantastic and so far superior to the remote that comes with the Apple TV.
    The "remote" app is great. Otherwise plenty of 3rd party options on the market

-Kyle

Cord Cutting Options

Cord cut and subscribed to YouTube TV few weeks back. Why did I wait so long? Cheaper, better, easier. I already have 2 AppleTV. Bought one more and entire house is set.

Did the same thing the first of October and I agree it is easier and certainly cheaper. Also portable between the two houses so saved money in both places. I'm using it through Roku though.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

I threatened this earlier and will come back to it.

The big catch is having access to football.

Yep, NFL Redzone is essential for me during football season.

I find there is plenty of football on YouTube TV.

-Kyle

I switched to YouTube TV a few months ago and have no regrets.

I switched to YouTube TV a few months ago and have no regrets.
    I love how it tunes into programs I watch at certain times. Turn the TV on at 5:58 and PBS Newshour is tuned in.

Not sure if I'm really saving money with all the ancillary subscriptions we ended up with. But happier than I was with directv

-Kyle

Audioshark

Cord Cutting Options

The bozos at YouTube TV just cut all Florida Sports channels! Just switched to AT&T TV. The Tampa Bay Lightning are back on my TV now!

Picture quality is way better too.

Cord Cutting Options

The bozos at YouTube TV just cut all Florida Sports channels! Just switched to AT&T TV. The Tampa Bay Lightning are back on my TV now!

Picture quality is way better too.

Fox Sports has a app. I use that for the Twins

-Kyle

Now that Sinclair owns all of the old regional Fox Sports networks the rules have apparently changed and none of the Internet TV providers carry there channels except AT&T for now. That includes You Tube TV, Hulu, Sling and Fubo. Whether agreements that expired in October are worked out by the start of the MLB season nobody knows yet.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Now that Sinclair owns all of the old regional Fox Sports networks the rules have apparently changed and none of the Internet TV providers carry there channels except AT&T for now. That includes You Tube TV, Hulu, Sling and Fubo. Whether agreements that expired in October are worked out by the start of the MLB season nobody knows yet.
    I think the app has a small fee to get all fox sports. Seems worth it.

I live at the western edge of the Minneapolis suburbs. Only choice for me is a s**t cable network or satellite. With MN weather, I hated satellite. Apple TV/YouTube TV is as good as it gets for me.

-Kyle

Now that the Fox Network was forced by the courts to divest themselves of the regional sports channels they are owned by Sinclair Broadcasting who outbid MLB themselves for them. Don't know if the Fox Sports Go app is going to work anymore so may have to just hope that they can work something out before the season starts or since I'm with You Tube too I will be out of luck with the Rays. Like Mike already lost the Lightning.

I cut the cord about a year ago. From time to time, I have subscribed (short-term, like 1 month) to providers such as YouTube TV and Sling.

In a few weeks I will likely subscribe to a provider to watch the Australian open.

Doing some reading ahead of time, it looks like all matches will be on ESPN and ESPN2. Sling Orange offers ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 for $35/mo.

But I just saw that Disney’s new streaming service also offers ESPN.
    Their price is less than half of Sling.

Anyone here subscribed to Disney+? Can you access all ESPN channels including live sports events? Any likes, dislikes?

We finally cut it, last week. Went hulu live since it had all the shows we watch., added Discovery +. So far we love it. , Hell love the savings.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    I cut the cord about a year ago. From time to time, I have subscribed (short-term, like 1 month) to providers such as YouTube TV and Sling.

In a few weeks I will likely subscribe to a provider to watch the Australian open.

Doing some reading ahead of time, it looks like all matches will be on ESPN and ESPN2. Sling Orange offers ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 for $35/mo.

But I just saw that Disney’s new streaming service also offers ESPN.
    Their price is less than half of Sling.

Anyone here subscribed to Disney+? Can you access all ESPN channels including live sports events? Any likes, dislikes?
    I subscribe to ESPN only. I believe it’s $5/mo. This is all the ESPN channels, live sports, specials, and PPV for things like the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by vortrex View Post
    I subscribe to ESPN only. I believe it’s $5/mo. This is all the ESPN channels, live sports, specials, and PPV for things like the UFC.
    I tried Sling (with the ESPN bundle) and it worked fine for watching the event that I wanted. I have since cancelled and will definitely check out the ESPN subscription in the future. Thanks!

Can someone tell me how does Apple TV differ from Roku?

Thanks
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    Can someone tell me how does Apple TV differ from Roku?

Thanks
    If you are in an Apple environment (that is, you are using an iPhone and other Apple products), the AppleTV provides seamless integration with the rest of those products. For example, you are searching for a movie within AppleTV and you can then use your iPhone to do a quicker search. Also, it integrates with Siri (for voice commands). The biggest disadvantage is cost and the AppleTV remote (it is awful).

Roku Ultra is much cheaper. The remote is a breeze to use and works great. It can use AirPlay (to cast stuff to it). Voice command is not as good as Siri.

Both devices have pretty much the same Apps and both can do high definition video (4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos).

Roku is best value; cost no object (and if you don't mind putting up with a lousy remote), then Apple TV.

Also, Apple TV is more of a curated experience, while Roku is more of an open marketplace. There are lots of random niche Roku channels both free and paid, while Apple TV tends to stick with streaming services that Apple is choosing to partner with.

I also want to say that generally all apps on Apple TV need to conform to the Apple TV user experience, and not so much on Roku. But that may be more of an impression than a reality. Both companies require a certain level of integration and uniformity of functionality, to ensure a level of consistency and maintain user expectations.

And both ecosystems support games.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, JMF Audio, JVC, Kaleidescape, LG, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, RME, Samsung, Soulution, STAX, Trinnov, Vivid Audio, Weiss & more.

Thanks guys. We currently use a Roku Ultra for some programing. As for the remote we are using an RTI unit that combined all of our remotes into one for my wife. Unfortunately it is kind of like using the Mars rover for site seeing in your yard. I will probably contact the HT dealer that programed it for us and see what his suggestions are.

I'm going to need to set down and figure what channels we actually need as opposed to the ones we pay for and never use. I'm sure everyone is faced with that, I want this channel but I need to purchase 6 more I don't need to get it. Not looking forward to that.

I looked at our Frontier bill last night and it is ridiculous, in my opinion. We have a phone line, 3 TV's, plus internet and a bill that is $285 a month. My wife pays the bills (another advantage of being married to a retired CPA) so I don't pay attention until she mentions something usually. I would imagine we would still be close to
    $200 but It would probably be 1/3 less.
    For me AT&T looks like the best choice and that is on the Roku anyway which would make it easier.

If we go with the Roku do we need a unit for each TV location? Can one account be used in different locations in the house at the same time?
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

You need a box for each TV but only one account.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Cord Cutting Options