Synergistic Research BLUE Quantum Fuse....WOW
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Synergistic Research BLUE Quantum Fuse....WOW

For years I’ve been reading positive things about after market boutique fuses. Last week I finally took the plunge and ordered just one Synergistic Research BLUE Quantum fuse for my PS Audio BHK preamp since it only has 1 fuse.

All I can is HOLY CRAP! Like I said I’ve been reading positive reviews for years but I was not prepared for what I heard. C’mon it’s just a fuse. Anyway The soundstage was wider, had more depth and more height. Voices were more realistic and depending on the recording It was like they are in the room. Everything just seems better and this with only one fuse upgrade.

I plan to do the same with my BHK 300 mono blocks but at $150 a fuse and each amp has 6 fuses I’ll start with the”Mains” fuses as there are only 2 per amp. There are 4 “Rail” fuses per amp but that will come at a later date depending how the fuses for the “Mains” go.

So the big question is......has anyone else have the same experience with after market fuses and what was the fuse and the component you replaced the fuse?
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Preamp: PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Bryston BDA-3 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB) AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Synergistic Research BLUE Quantum Fuse....WOW

Have tinkered the thought just never executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

Paul, thanks for sharing your experience with the new fuses. I wish you continued success as you implement more into your system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Oppo 203, Lumin D2
    McIntosh MA252
    Magico A3
    Shunyata PS8/Defender/Delta NR
    Venom IC/SC/PC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Paul, thanks for sharing your experience with the new fuses. I wish you continued success as you implement more into your system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Sean!
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Preamp: PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Bryston BDA-3 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB) AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
    So the big question is......has anyone else have the same experience with after market fuses and what was the fuse and the component you replaced the fuse?
    If the "blue" fuse made such a difference, then it must be much better than the "black" ones I tried.
    Glad to know that.
    But for that price it might be worth trying the Audio Magic!