Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator

Re: Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter

That’s awesome. I’d love to hear a pair.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    That’s awesome. I’d love to hear a pair.
    Thanks Joe!

Open invitation: Come to Munich High End next year and visit me on the way. Would love to play your favorite music for you through the Lansches.

Maybe they are also participating in some of the main US shows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Purple eyes...

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Super Moderator

OMG, that’s wild looking.

Thank you for the invitation. I could only imagine how special that visit would be.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    OMG, that’s wild looking.

Thank you for the invitation. I could only imagine how special that visit would be.
    Yeah, reminds me of HAL.

But I promise, even though they’re called speakers, the Lansches don’t speak. They just play music, very nicely.

After a long weekend with the AQ Thunder HC Power cables powering the Lansches, and the Corona updates in place and burned-in for a couple days, I really like what I’m hearing.

The power cables give the subwoofers more definition and control. It’s very easy to follow the bass lines in all kinds of music, without the sound being bloated. Really nicely defined bass.

And the Plasma tweeter upgrades also do their trick. Everything sounds even more seamless top-to-bottom. And the increased resolution in the lower highs extend the feeling of a floating top end. Very nice indeed.

All-in-all, I would say the upgrades were rather successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Second update to the Lansches: Update of the Coronas to the latest 2019 revision. In the update all circuit boards inside the Plasma tweeter are replaced. This update increases resolution in the lower frequencies of the tweeter’s 1.5 kHz - 150 kHz frequency range.

This is how the Plasma tweeters look when taken out out the enclosure.

Really like what I’m hearing so far. Even more coherent sound top to bottom. Further improved imaging and soundstaging. The amount of detail is just mind boggling. And not even a hint of sharpness.

Did you buy the speakers used? Were the new tweeters expensive?
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

No and no Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter.

We had just agreed that I can have the tweeters upgraded, as the speakers were already built when the revision came out. And they are the same tweeters I originally bought. For upgrades or maintenance they are just taken out of the enclosure and sent in to Lansche for rework.

The revision, i.e. exchange of the circuit boards, would be about a grand. I guess entirely new tweeters would be quite a bit more.

the best thread to read ever! every question came to mind was always asked and very well answered in a efficient way.
    congratulation! enjoy your speaker!!

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    the best thread to read ever! every question came to mind was always asked and very well answered in a efficient way.
    congratulation! enjoy your speaker!!
    Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Interesting observation today: the Lansches are powered through the AQ Niagara 5000 and 3m AQ Thunder HC cables.

Today, I read a review of the Niagara, and the tester pointed out that the four high current outlets are ideal for the most power hungry components in a system, such as power amps and active speakers.

I thought I knew that, and have of course allocated the outlets accordingly. To my surprise, I discovered that this was actually not the case. For the testing, when I was auditioning the AQ Duo XDs and the Lansche 4.2s in parallel, I had just picked two free outlets. Never changed it afterwards, even when upgrading to the AQ Thunder HCs.

Today I corrected that, and boy, what a difference. Significant jump in presence, immediacy and instrument separation, or what Brits typically call PRaT.

Ergo: Once again, there are few things that are more important than good power in a high end system. Power rocks Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter.

Relaxed listening session today with a Petit Churchill, some XO, and an Espresso on the side.

A couple of nice compilations:

The Plasma horns do create an incredibly precise soundstage and an ambiance where you can sense the location on live recordings. And the four 10” woofers reaching down to 15 Hz give especially classical pieces sufficient body w/o overpowering the mids.

Number 20 is a simple Christmas carol by Bach, and one of my favorite Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau interpretations. Recording quality unfortunately however not on par with the three other ones.

Moving on to more contemporary pieces:

The finesse of the artist, and the subtlety of the pieces come nicely to the fore. Thanks Shane. Looking forward to listen to the vinyl (which I have already received), as soon as my new ‘table arrives. The first production batch was sold out very quickly, but I do have a slot in the second. Delivery expected before X-mas.

Hey Kuoppis

what is your new table? I can't keep up
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Hey Kuoppis

what is your new table? I can't keep up
    Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter Still waiting for it, was promised delivery before x-mas. Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter

Great choice Kuoppis!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Great choice Kuoppis!
    Thanks Norman. I am extremely happy about the performance of the Lansches. They are overall really great, but the Plasma tweeters are surreal. It’s another world.

Great you are enjoying the Lansche's. You can watch the youtube videos that I posted under J&J audio solution, US distributor for Lanche Audio

Mat

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jjaudio7 View Post
    Great you are enjoying the Lansche's. You can watch the youtube videos that I posted under J&J audio solution, US distributor for Lanche Audio

Mat
    Welcome!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaudio7 View Post

Mat
    On this forum people tend to react quite strongly to dealers trying to push their ware, disguised as audio enthusiasts.

Similarly, I do not want any sales activities in a thread about my speakers. So please, if you want to advertise your website and audio business, kindly make your own thread for that.

Something interesting has happened. I have been on a quite fast-paced upgrade track with my system over the past couple of years. But now it appears I have found some kind of destination speakers, that fit my musical tastes, my system set up, and my audio room. What’s the indication?

Very simple, I listen to other speakers, read reviews of new introductions, get offers for other gear, but I’m currently not interested. Every time I start playing with ideas in my mind I end up with the same conclusion: Nah, they can’t do what the Lansche 4.2’s do. Specifics?

It’s really a combination of the three factors: what I like, what I have, and where I enjoy it.

1. What I like
    I do like details, but not the spotlit and sharp ones. i want to hear the fingers plugging strings and moving on the fret, the fine phrasing of a pianist playing soft or hard with fingers hammering the keyboard, the breath between words, the drum membranes and decay of cymbals, all the transients in between. All very apparent in good, small ensemble acoustic jazz.

Nevertheless, distorted guitars need to have that fuzz and thump. I know exactly what my definition of a brown sound is, it’s not just distortion. It’s the “it” distortion. A little bit the same with solo cello, I want to hear the interplay of strings and vibration of the instrument’s corpus. And, I do not want to guess whether there’s a kick-drum involved, I want to hear it, kick me in the guts when needed.

In orchestras and big bands I want to hear where everyone sits and what they play, at all times. In terms of resolution, separation, depth and width of soundstage.

I think the Corona tweeter is not bettered by many to deliver all the above. Super high resolution, all the details, never sharp. And tons of adjustment options should I desire to do so, paired with constant evolution and upgradeability.

2. What I have
    In my system I have invested in detail retrieval, transparency, dynamics, and definition in both, analogue and digital domain. These properties I would like to enjoy when listening to my music.

The Lansche 4.2 are giving me the opportunity to leverage the mid-range where the music lives, while exploring both high and low frequencies to the extremes. That fits my system and preferences very well.

3. Where I enjoy it
    I do have a dedicated music room, but it is not a concert hall, just a regular room. It’s carefully acoustically treated to get the best out of my system, but still has size-based limitations. E.g. I could not pull my speakers 3m into the room if I wanted to, 1m is about the max. Also, large back-ported speakers would be a bad idea. Additional subs are sometimes a good option, but take away space as well.

Therefore, having speakers with in-built and bi-directionally side-firing subs, with 1200W per channel on tap, is something that works extremely well. The system reaches down to 15 Hz w/o overloading the room. I do get the thumps and hear the corpus resonate, but do not have to compromise with any room boom. Again, adjustment options galore to get exactly what I desire.

In conclusion, I’m surprised myself being such a happy camper - I have had my speakers for about a year now Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter. I know, that’s just notorious to even think about system changes. In some other cases there was this constant hype towards the next bit of unobtainium in the setup. But that’s not sustainable.

If I would be looking for something different on the speaker side, and would still be living in the same house, it would definitely be a similar concept. I.e. front firing tweeters and mids with side firing woofers/subs. Reason being, with room constraints probably 99% of us are subjected to, it’s important to build the system to fit the room, if you cannot do it the other way around.

Talking about interesting concepts, the Vivid Audio Giyas and some Estelons come to mind.

Audioshark

System looks fabulous. Has it been your finding that the side firing woofers integrate better in your size of room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    System looks fabulous. Has it been your finding that the side firing woofers integrate better in your size of room?

Usually Mike, I find front firing woofers working ok, as long as there is no back port. But there of course are limitations in how far down the frequency range woofers do reach.

Also in general, as bass is much less directional than mids and highs, side-firing woofers might not be a bad idea to increase dimensionality of sound dispersion. How well that can work has been demonstrated in said Giyas and Estelons.

If you however want to go lower to subwoofer level, then side-firing would be a definitive advantage. This is especially, if the alternative would be two separate subwoofers. That just gives more flexibility with placement.

a very elegant system !!
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | air tight atc-5 + atm-300r | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + kanjiroba diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

Wow.......would love to hear your system! I was thinking about some changes myself but
    my hearing aids have revolutionized and upgraded my system so much that I’m very content with its status quo.......... I made some great choices while half deaf thanks to Mikes guidance!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Wow.......would love to hear your system! I was thinking about some changes myself but
    my hearing aids have revolutionized and upgraded my system so much that I’m very content with its status quo.......... I made some great choices while half deaf thanks to Mikes guidance!
    You haven’t visited in a few weeks. Lots of new toys for you to try.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

I would but the corona plasma tweeter virus has infected already one member of the forum and i don’t want to risk getting hit by a Boulder.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Audioshark

I would but the corona plasma tweeter virus has infected already one member of the forum and i don’t want to risk getting hit by a Boulder.
    Ha! But I have the M2 cure.

Quote Originally Posted by aKnyght View Post
    a very elegant system !!
    Thank you, very kind. Currently very happy with it, especially as soon as the Etna SL arrives Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter.

Larry, you have a really nice system.

Very lucky to live close to Suncoast Audio with access to all the demos and Mike’s experience.

Also, I’m particularly happy to hear the hearing aids work out for you.

You haven’t visited in a few weeks. Lots of new toys for you to try.
    There you go Larry... Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter

Indeed, the Corona is very addictive. But beware of the Boulders, danger in the making...

Ha! But I have the M2 cure.
    Sure Mike, but currently there is no cure for the Corona, as you know...Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter

And the worst part is, you can carry the bug without symptoms for some time without even noticing it.

Couple questions.
    Are you in Europe Kuoppis. Looks like a Schuko plug.

Why an Audioquest. Is it fixing power problems or you just like the sound.

Very nice simple looking setup. I too liked the Corona when I heard it. I went with a more affordable horn setup. Yet the Corona has far more resolution than my system. Your woofers also have decent punch. I can see why you feel satisfied. I would be done with my setup if my amps weren't so noisy. I'm trying to find a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Couple questions.
    Are you in Europe Kuoppis. Looks like a Schuko plug.

Why an Audioquest. Is it fixing power problems or you just like the sound.

Very nice simple looking setup. I too liked the Corona when I heard it. I went with a more affordable horn setup. Yet the Corona has far more resolution than my system. Your woofers also have decent punch. I can see why you feel satisfied. I would be done with my setup if my amps weren't so noisy. I'm trying to find a replacement.
    Hi Rex, it’s just because I think AQ power cables are very good. And I got HD versions, as there’s a pretty mighty power amp in each of the Lansches. Even one of them packs more punch than my power amp. And yes, I’m based in Europe.

Interesting to hear about your amps, what are you envisioning?

I wonder if they will change the ‘Corona’ name to disassociate from the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    I wonder if they will change the ‘Corona’ name to disassociate from the virus.
    Probably not, even though I hear people are staying away from Corona beer...

Hi Rex, it’s just because I think AQ power cables are very good. And I got HD versions, as there’s a pretty mighty power amp in each of the Lansches. Even one of them packs more punch than my power amp. And yes, I’m based in Europe.

Interesting to hear about your amps, what are you envisioning?

Well, at the moment nothing. Nancy and I are worried about the negative impacts on the economy due to the Corona press. In my eyes, the economy is the small business owned by young families. In particular, we enjoy a local breakfast shop owned by a husband and wife with 2 little 1 year old twins. We gave them a gift of $5,000 today. There go the Whammerdyne amps I was circling around.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp. Audion Black Shadow 845 SET Monoblocks. Mojo Audio Deja Vu Server. Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC. Linear Solution Ethernet Switch. Gigafoil with LPS. STST Motus II TT with Vertere SG1 arm, Hana ML Cartridge, Allnic H1201 phono pre. Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Horn speakers with Mundord Supreme oil caps. Power via 10 awg Oyaide cable from panel to custom distribution strip feeding front end. Oyaide dedicated10 AWG branch circuits from panel to each amp. Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.
    Kingrexelectric.com Lyncole certified grounding specialist.

Well, at the moment nothing. Nancy and I are worried about the negative impacts on the economy due to the Corona press. In my eyes, the economy is the small business owned by young families. In particular, we enjoy a local breakfast shop owned by a husband and wife with 2 little 1 year old twins. We gave them a gift of $5,000 today. There go the Whammerdyne amps I was circling around.
    Rex, I’m impressed, an admirable deed no doubt. These are challenging times for many. Unfortunately it will get worse, before it gets better.

Good things come to good people, I’m sure.

There was a question earlier in the thread, whether the company would change the name of its tweeter to avoid any Covid-19 association. My estimation was it would not.

But apparently there are other companies considering similar moves...

Hey Kuoppis,

First I really seen the system all together, you have selected and put together some very nice pieces!

I didn’t realize the size of the Brinkmann power supply for the Turntable - I bet it takes things over the top! Yes everyone, tubes in the power supply making a difference for a turntable.

I am not all that familiar with side firing woofers but get the concept.

Best!

Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Rex, I’m impressed, an admirable deed no doubt. These are challenging times for many. Unfortunately it will get worse, before it gets better.

Good things come to good people, I’m sure.

Me too on Rex’s gesture!

Yes, I agree on good things come to good people.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Hey Kuoppis,

First I really seen the system all together, you have selected and put together some very nice pieces!

I didn’t realize the size of the Brinkmann power supply for the Turntable - I bet it takes things over the top! Yes everyone, tubes in the power supply making a difference for a turntable.

I am not all that familiar with side firing woofers but get the concept.

Best!

Hi Ed, thank you for the kind comments.

The tubed power supply is really the icing on the cake for the turntable. As I was told, the impact is even greater on the direct drive record players. There’s a Taurus review in German Stereo magazine 02/20 where the reviewer gets almost more excited about the effects of the power supply, than about the table itself. They usually do an English translation a couple months later, then it should be available in English as well. In effect, Brinkmann use tubes to clean the power for the turntable. A similar approach is applied in the Nyquist.

The side-firing woofers work extremely well in my setup. The are other quite impressive speakers where the concept is applied similarly, like Vivid Giyas, some Estelons, Rockports and Martin Logans.

Hi Ed, thank you for the kind comments.

The tubed power supply is really the icing on the cake for the turntable. As I was told, the impact is even greater on the direct drive record players. There’s a Taurus review in German Stereo magazine 02/20 where the reviewer gets almost more excited about the effects of the power supply, than about the table itself. They usually do an English translation a couple months later, then it should be available in English as well. In effect, Brinkmann use tubes to clean the power for the turntable. A similar approach is applied in the Nyquist.

The side-firing woofers work extremely well in my setup. The are other quite impressive speakers where the concept is applied similarly, like Vivid Giyas, some Estelons, Rockports and Martin Logans.

Yes, it was a hard decision between the Kuzma and Brinkmann, I’d love to have both!

I’m a big fan of the Vivid style but yet to hear them what they really can do. Every audio show I have been to there was not a trace of their capability in performance and I know they do much better

Yes, it was a hard decision between the Kuzma and Brinkmann, I’d love to have both!

I’m a big fan of the Vivid style but yet to hear them what they really can do. Every audio show I have been to there was not a trace of their capability in performance and I know they do much better

I think Mike is also a Vivid dealer, maybe a visit to Sarasota would help.

I think Mike is also a Vivid dealer, maybe a visit to Sarasota would help.

I need to stay away from see, feel and touch; my pockets are drained because of audio temptation, but I can’t stop thinking Boulder

I need to stay away from see, feel and touch; my pockets are drained because of audio temptation, but I can’t stop thinking Boulder

Oh boy, that is a dangerous temptation. But I understand, totally makes sense to show some restraint here.

When you’re going to Sarasota...? Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter

Audioshark

Oh boy, that is a dangerous temptation. But I understand, totally makes sense to show some restraint here.

When you’re going to Sarasota...? Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter

Hahahaha!

No Ed, No. Bad Ed. Different sound, not better. Won't fix .

No Ed, No. Bad Ed. Different sound, not better. Won't fix .
    I gotta get past this mess and then the skies are wide open - Boulder in my future, maybe, but honestly in a simple integrated fashion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I gotta get past this mess and then the skies are wide open - Boulder in my future, maybe, but honestly in a simple integrated fashion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I tested a Boulder integrated one, and it had a big ballsy sound. Very nice indeed.

Top-end could have been a tad more open, but that was an older model, and just bottom of the range. I guess the top-range Class A amps sound crisper and are more open in the top register.

Depends of course on your system synergy, and what you like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team