Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by walesi View Post
    Wow, that was a surprise. Congrats! Need to give Lansches a good listen in Munich.
    Yes. But I must confess I have been eying the Plasma tweeter for a while already.

I hope they will have a semi-active version there. Was e-mailing with Mr. Lansche yesterday, and he again emphasized the importance of bi-amping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono cable/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono section/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Kuoppis!

Great to see your glowing praise for the Lansches.

I am also one of those who didn't know what quite to make of Lansche from my listening at Munich (2017). I did get a glimpse of the speed of the tweeters but could not get enough of a listen to gauge much more than that. Your experience shows how important the role of a good distributor is in allowing you to listen to them in your own setup. Very interesting to read up on your impressions of the models from within the Lansche lineup.

For a speaker to get you to move from Magico really does say something ... enjoy!

Regards

2 Channel Stereo :
    Win10 Transport + Fidelizer 8 + JRMC 25 & HQPlayer | TotalDAC D1 USB Filter | Job INT | Western Electric 12GA | Green Mountain Audio Eos HX

3. Thanks Kuoppis thanked for this post
    Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Congratulations Kuoppis!

Great to see your glowing praise for the Lansches.

I am also one of those who didn't know what quite to make of Lansche from my listening at Munich (2017). I did get a glimpse of the speed of the tweeters but could not get enough of a listen to gauge much more than that. Your experience shows how important the role of a good distributor is in allowing you to listen to them in your own setup. Very interesting to read up on your impressions of the models from within the Lansche lineup.

For a speaker to get you to move from Magico really does say something ... enjoy!

Regards.
    Thank you for the kind comment.

The Lansches are indeed great, and it is very important to hear them in your environment.

I do like Magicos, but with the Plasma horn tweeters the Lansches are more life-like.

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono cable/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono section/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Will plasma tweeter deteriorate as time goes by? Does it have a finite lifespan?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I believe 5-8 years between the rebuilds.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Vitus SM-103 / MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Pacific + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: AQ WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC / AQ Hurricane PCs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Yes. I believe 5-8 years between the rebuilds.
    That’s correct, 5-7K hours they say. With my level of use maybe 5-6 years between re-works.

That is an issue, but I never owned a speaker for that long anyway .

Post Thanks / Like

Did you buy these direct or through Perfect Note? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Being Germany based, the manufacturer. Not entirely sure who handles distribution in the US.

Post Thanks / Like

Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter

First update to the Lansches: 3m AQ Thunder HC power cables to power the subwoofers and the Plasma tweeters.

First impression after the cables had settled a bit was a slightly tighter and crisper lower bass. The cables need to burn-in a bit for sure, but so far I like the effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Incoming: Lansche 4.2 with the Corona Plasma Tweeter

Second update to the Lansches: Update of the Coronas to the latest 2019 revision. In the update all circuit boards inside the Plasma tweeter are replaced. This update increases resolution in the lower frequencies of the tweeter’s 1.5 kHz - 150 kHz frequency range.

This is how the Plasma tweeters look when taken out out the enclosure.

Really like what I’m hearing so far. Even more coherent sound top to bottom. Further improved imaging and soundstaging. The amount of detail is just mind boggling. And not even a hint of sharpness.

12. Likes Nikhil liked this post

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast