Electrical Interference Solution - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electrical Interference Solution

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Thereís no intent to sense or control the line. Itís the pulsing signal with harmonic overtones that ride on the line and then onto the dc power supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You donít see a problem with that?
    VPI Avenger with 12" 3D arm, Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Electrical Interference Solution

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    You donít see a problem with that?
    Iím not seeing any problem and only hearing improvements, I keep an open door and hold open invitation for everyone to come and hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan DíAgostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45ís
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Glšss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I’m not seeing any problem and only hearing improvements, I keep an open door and hold open invitation for everyone to come and hear............................
    Lots of serious audio people near Seattle.

http://www.aes.org/sections/pnw/

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody see a problem with having a bunch of chokes or caps in line with your power? Or any other audiophile Voodoo that goes in one of the many conditioners that are out there. I was highly suspect of the addpower stuff myself. Ed brought it over to my house and plugged it in. It's the second only conditioning device I have ever heard that did not have any negative impact on my overall system. The other piece, an Akiko Corelli doesn't show any negative impacts, but it is also questionable whether it's even doing anything positive at all. The addpower absolutely stands out as improving the sonics all around in my entire system. And it's darn inexpensive. $450 or so. And a 30 day money back. And it's small and light. Shipping costs are only a few bucks.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Rex, is the $450 price you quote for both the ElectrClear and Symphony? There are audio web sites that sell ADD-POWR with free shipping and no sales tax. I actually got the two for less than that. I'm still waiting for the Symphony to be delivered.
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear power supply, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)

Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty sure I paid $75 per Electraclear and $350 for the Symphony. So maybe it was $425. I ended up with 2 electraclear in the end. The original one in my power strip with the symphony did most of what I hear. The 2nd electraclear a week later went into my Power strip in my mechanical room feeding my router, modem and switch. I did not notice that as much. I did not pay any shipping as Ed dropped them off at my house during a listening session.

In comparison, It's not like trying AQ Niagara 5000 at $4,000 or a Isoteck Aquarious at about the same. How about regenerators at $7000. Those are such a big chunk of money. Ok, you could get a Niagara 1000 for about a grand. I have just tried a lot of those devices (sans a regenerator) and heard them all. I don't hear the Add-power. I notice my system runs with a lot more ease like the amps are bigger. I notice I can turn up the volume way higher and not get fatigue. And the instruments and voices are more natural and closer to live. In my mind, it's worth a try.

I bet as these get more popular they are going to go up in price. I'm pretty sure the electraclear is going to be redesigned like a cylinder so it only takes one socket. I'm sure it will go up in price. The symphony is a bargain. I am going to have Ed bring the Wizard by here when he gets one. I hear it will make things a little more smooth.

Remember, I play digital allot. Vinyl is only a hobby for me. I do find, now that Ed got all excited about his Kuzma and got me playing my vinyl again, that my vinyl sounds damn nice. Better than I remember.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody see a problem with having a bunch of chokes or caps in line with your power?

Capacitors need to have an 'X' or 'Y' safety rating.

With ferrite chokes, all three conductors need to go thru the ferrite.

With iron core, wire wound chokes, they need to be safety rated for the task at hand. Only use on the Hot & Neutral conductors. Not on the Safety Ground/Protective Earth conductor.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4