Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Electrical Interference Solution

Is electrical interference a controversial subject?

In my case, no it actually makes sense to me on many levels. I am not an electrical engineer, scientist or the like, but I do like the hobby of learning and squeezing out more performance. I am from the mindset there is a lot of good gear out there, and it’s performance can be accelerated by focusing on the areas of power, room and isolation, versus the self-reasoning that better sound has to come from different equipment which opens up the door of, “is it better, or is it different”.

This game of noise is all about clean, quiet power drawn into our gear in order for high fidelity to sing its tune to draw you deeper into your favorite music.

Interestingly enough at the recent RMAF, I came across Bill Stierhout, and his company Coherence Systems, and its brand, ADD-Powr that signifies algorithm digital defined power.

As he was speaking about his new line of products, I mentioned that his theory and application sounded very similar to the Nordost QRT line, he told me it does because he was the founder of Quantum Products, the same company that incorporated its engineering prowess into the audio cable company, Nordost. While there is little to no doubt at RMAF 2019 all the top rooms had one common denominator, Nordost; using its cables and the QRT line. While I’m passionate about Nordost, it’s stupid expensive for most Audiophiles, well past diminishing returns, but I couldn’t help myself, drank the Kool Aid purchasing much of its Reference and QRT products, in my case it does perform, and very well, but anyway…

Bill agreed to send me a Symphony Pro, an ElectraClear and a guarantee his devices will work or I could send it back, no questions asked. You can certainly go higher up the food chain within his line, but I thought these two pieces would be good place to start as I wanted to be sure on what these items were capable of. Sorry for the picture quality:

First, there is no audio jewelry here, these are simply constructed units packed with benefits to improve the sound using frequency generators, harmonics and microprocessors that manage algorithms. Electra Clear is a simple plug in device that actually adds harmonics (pulsed/clocked signals) to the audio signal, a tone control through the power line if you will. There is no filter or conditioner, the byproduct of this process is that it also contributes to mitigating EMI and RF signals.

Symphony Pro is a small box that can be placed just about anywhere and is fed with AC power and houses inductor coils connected in series to a frequency generator controlled by a microprocessor performing algorithms that essentially pulses low frequency harmonic content onto the line, similar but slightly different to Electra Clear. The AC line becomes re-referenced / re-biased with low frequency harmonics. The inductor coils act as antennas to emit and broadcast a low frequency electrical field. The signal is also coupled to a 12’ plug in antenna wire. The driving low frequency wave and its Fourier harmonics resonate with the audio signals within proximity (~30' diameter) of its location. This means that tonal energy will be imparted to whatever audio signals are encompassed by this field.

Bill said it will bring .5 to 1.O dB or more of energy into the system - he was right; by flicking Symphony Pros small toggle power switch on and off and waiting a few seconds, it was very clear to hear the volume change, its literally controlling the noise making the music more audible, lively and toe tapping enjoyable. While volume was gained from removing noise and interference, it also brought about a sense of realism with a more natural sense of timbre, a lower noise floor, and a double black back round. The music just played so much better, no matter what I played. One of my favorites is Stairway to Heaven by Rodrigo and Gabriela; the resonance and decay of the acoustic strings and blending of the chords never sounded better. When I play Flight of the Cosmic Hippo by Bela Fleck a great song to test your low end has more authority and control and the symbols more in line on how they should sound live and the Symphony and Electra complimented the Beatles 50th anniversary release of Abbey Road making it simply sound amazing, especially the studio cuts; the band is center imaged, the music has a slight amount more of punch, liveliness with the Fab Four’s voices having very clear imaging and darkness, my music room appears to be the new Abbey Studios right in front of me.

While not inexpensive, but well worth the price of admission in comparison to all I have done, it’s a no brainer. The Symphony Pro lists for $750.00, and the Electra for $75.00 with options of moving up the line in performance, coverage and cost.

Last, I believe in power cables, and Bill holds this opinion as well and said it wouldn’t hurt but stopped there. While not mandatory, I couldn’t help myself after all the recent talk of Shunyata’s new lines and ordered the economical Venom 14, C5 cable, and after a few hours of listening, it’s not coming out.

Bill no doubt understands power and I believe his efforts with ADD-Powr have paid off—at least in terms of the product itself. How audiophiles will react is something I can't predict but I think many will react as I did and come to see these are an indispensable addition to their hi-fi systems. It has certainly change how I now listen to my system and they are not going back. If it makes sense, then give it a try, you have nothing to lose and add some cumulative points to your sound. [/FONT]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Re: Electrical Interference Solution

Thanks Ed. Nice write up. I better understand whats going now. Didn't quite get it on our phone call last week. I'm curious, are you paralleling the ADDpower with the Nordost QRT products. Dare I ask if you played them head to head. Do they differ in what they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Thanks Ed. Nice write up. I better understand whats going now. Didn't quite get it on our phone call last week. I'm curious, are you paralleling the ADDpower with the Nordost QRT products. Dare I ask if you played them head to head. Do they differ in what they do?
    I appreciate the thanks, writing does not come easy at least for me.

Yes AP is now in conjunction with my existing Nordost, and yes I started by playing them separately with the same benefits described above and it increases further when used cumulatively.

In terms of application difference, yes, but in the sense of advancement of technology.

You’ll hear it when you come here, and then we try it in your setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

The best way to deal with electrical interference problems is by following 'good engineering practices'.
    Experts like Keith Armstrong, Henry Ott, Jim Brown, Bill Whitlock (and others) have many books and papers on how to deal with the many different EMI/RFI problems.

Hey Ed, do you know if the ADDpower senses the line and sends out canceling signals.

Speed, I have not looked up the guys you mentioned but the papers I have read talk about good grounding, twisting cable or shielding to reject noise. Most like ballanced systems.

What few talk about is parallel noise canceling like a Bose headphone. If that is what the ADDPower does, that may be a new twist. Pollution on the grid is a growing problem. I dislike the plug into solutions. I hear them all in ways "I" dislike. I do have an Akiko Corelli. It's a dumb parallel device. I am interested in a smart parallel device. I can see how it differs from other solutions out there.

Hey Ed, do you know if the ADDpower senses the line and sends out canceling signals.
    I know it sends out a signal, but need to look up the sensing part, will do some research.

Do you have a address for the website so I can read some more about these products?
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Do you have a address for the website so I can read some more about these products?
    https://add-powr.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Thanks!!
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Thanks for helping Jim with an address, I could not get ahead yesterday and looks tough today - working man blues Electrical Interference Solution

There’s no intent to sense or control the line. It’s the pulsing signal with harmonic overtones that ride on the line and then onto the dc power supply.

Ed (Ultrafast) came over today. He brought some god awful expensive stillpoints and the ADD-power Symphony conditioner and Electraclear. The ADD-power products had a subtle, yet dramatic impact on playback. WHAT?????
    Ok,
    Subtle - I really did not hear much change. It was a touch more clear. A tad more immediacy. It was just more clean and clear. But, it wast like something stood out and grabbed you.

Dramatic - Ed likes to listen pretty loud. I usually listen at subtle levels but every once in a while I want to kick it up. Problem for me is it gets a little fatiguing at higher volumes for me. Enter the ADD-power. We got onto the new Beatles and playes and played Come Together a bunch of times. Each time we added the 2 ADD-power products in and out. Each time I was hearing the boost in clarity and dynamics. It was all for the good. Then we put on Stevie Ray Vaughan - Tin Pan Alley. This song begs to be turned up and that we did. I and Ed were pretty blown away at how good my setup was sounding. I mean, it was really laying it down. Clean, clear, effortless, and easy to listen too. By far best it's ever sounded, then I unplugged the ADD-power parts. Immediately I cringed. No way. Too loud. Kind of a cant put your finger on the problem but it had to be turned down. My stereo as stock just does not play at the volumes we were at. I plugged the units back in and immediately it was as above. Rock solid on top of the music. Just laying it down.

No lie, I pulled out $450 and said I want them. It took a few tries to get him to part with his new toys. He just got these pieces today. Heck, its a second set of the entry level products he was going to put on his router and modem. I convinced him I needed them more on my main system. Thanks Ed.

I highly recommend even the basic setup I bought. It makes a dramatic difference when you want it to, and a nice subtle cleanse at low levels. There is absolutely no negative impact to these devices. You don't hear them like ordinary plug in power conditioners. Technically they're not power conditioners. They don't get rid of hum and noise, but they sure do bring something that let's you open it up and rip the tunes.

Ed (Ultrafast) came over today. He brought some god awful expensive stillpoints and the ADD-power Symphony conditioner and Electraclear. The ADD-power products had a subtle, yet dramatic impact on playback. WHAT?????
    Ok,
    Subtle - I really did not hear much change. It was a touch more clear. A tad more immediacy. It was just more clean and clear. But, it wast like something stood out and grabbed you.

Dramatic - Ed likes to listen pretty loud. I usually listen at subtle levels but every once in a while I want to kick it up. Problem for me is it gets a little fatiguing at higher volumes for me. Enter the ADD-power. We got onto the new Beatles and playes and played Come Together a bunch of times. Each time we added the 2 ADD-power products in and out. Each time I was hearing the boost in clarity and dynamics. It was all for the good. Then we put on Stevie Ray Vaughan - Tin Pan Alley. This song begs to be turned up and that we did. I and Ed were pretty blown away at how good my setup was sounding. I mean, it was really laying it down. Clean, clear, effortless, and easy to listen too. By far best it's ever sounded, then I unplugged the ADD-power parts. Immediately I cringed. No way. Too loud. Kind of a cant put your finger on the problem but it had to be turned down. My stereo as stock just does not play at the volumes we were at. I plugged the units back in and immediately it was as above. Rock solid on top of the music. Just laying it down.

No lie, I pulled out $450 and said I want them. It took a few tries to get him to part with his new toys. He just got these pieces today. Heck, its a second set of the entry level products he was going to put on his router and modem. I convinced him I needed them more on my main system. Thanks Ed.

I highly recommend even the basic setup I bought. It makes a dramatic difference when you want it to, and a nice subtle cleanse at low levels. There is absolutely no negative impact to these devices. You don't hear them like ordinary plug in power conditioners. Technically they're not power conditioners. They don't get rid of hum and noise, but they sure do bring something that let's you open it up and rip the tunes.
    All True!

The Stillpoint's we used were the uber expensive Ultra 6’s. We placed these under the First Sound Pre-Amp and then moved them to the Mojo Audio DAC then on to the Mojo Server - the largest gain was on the Pre-Amp. Then we coupled the Stillpoints with a more economical approach using ADD-POWR’s Symphony and Electra Clear. This really cleaned up things in a natural way making things more present and open with a better timbre around instruments, the effect was cumulative with and without the Stillpoints.

While Rex stripped me of my ADD POWR (I only let him since I already have several units of Symphony and Symphony Prop plus Electra Clears at home) he was not going to get my Ultra 6’s even at retail!

Glad we had some fun in Audio Land!

ADD-POWR continues to really be a benefit in the music room and the home itself.

Great places to start;

-Symphony
    -Symphony Pro
    -Electra Clear
    -Wizard

Music sounds so much livelier and natural and the images on my older Pioneer Elite Plasmas are more crisp and colorful, amazing to watch College and NFL football on.

Any unit simply plugs into an open receptacle then the magic starts.

PM me with questions or interest in acquisition, I’m putting effort into this because I believe it’s that good!

I picked up ElectrClear this week and added it to my AQ1000 that I use for my streaming equipment. I have to say that the energy level of music just jumped up a notch. Today I ordered a Symphony that I will use on my other AQ1000 that is used on my Preamp/Lumin T2 and Oppo 205. To me this is a very affordable upgrade. Thanks Ed for posting.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    I picked up ElectrClear this week and added it to my AQ1000 that I use for my streaming equipment. I have to say that the energy level of music just jumped up a notch. Today I ordered a Symphony that I will use on my other AQ1000 that is used on my Preamp/Lumin T2 and Oppo 205. To me this is a very affordable upgrade. Thanks Ed for posting.
    King Rex is running exactly what you have, it will be of benefit, watch and enjoy!

Juat a reminder, it can be used with other power conditioners. But not with regenerators.
    Glad your enjoying it. I have 2 electraclear and 1 symphony. The extra electraclear is in my basement with my router, modem switch.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp. Audion Black Shadow 845 SET Monoblocks. Mojo Audio Deja Vu Server. Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC. Linear Solution Ethernet Switch. Gigafoil with LPS. STST Motus II TT with Vertere SG1 arm, Hana ML Cartridge, Allnic H1201 phono pre. Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Horn speakers with Mundord Supreme oil caps. Power via 10 awg Oyaide cable from panel to custom distribution strip feeding front end. Oyaide dedicated10 AWG branch circuits from panel to each amp. Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.
    Kingrexelectric.com Lyncole certified grounding specialist.

Ultra, when does that wizard show up ?
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp. Audion Black Shadow 845 SET Monoblocks. Mojo Audio Deja Vu Server. Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC. Linear Solution Ethernet Switch. Gigafoil with LPS. STST Motus II TT with Vertere SG1 arm, Hana ML Cartridge, Allnic H1201 phono pre. Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Horn speakers with Mundord Supreme oil caps. Power via 10 awg Oyaide cable from panel to custom distribution strip feeding front end. Oyaide dedicated10 AWG branch circuits from panel to each amp. Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Ultra, when does that wizard show up ?
    Should be sometime the end of next week, beginning of the following.

As I told Ed in a text. I've cleaned up my system so much by using the i7 Roon computer/ linear power supplies/dc cables/Gigafoil/AQ1000s/Shunyata NR power cable that my systems energy was lacking. I noticed Mike mentioned about plugging a amp directly to the wall outlet. So, I pulled out from my cable vault an old 2meter ByBee power cord and noticed a jump in my systems energy. Which of course means I needed to order a Cardas Clear Beyond power cord...ugh. But, reading the post from Ed on the Electraclear etc. I thought I'd look around Audiogon and found a seller for one. As I said a fairly inexpensive tweak. Listening to my system since I plugged it in is just a new level of energy in the music. That's why I ordered the Symphony for my main components AQ1000. I should have the two addons early next week.
    I swear this road just goes on and on.
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Is the AQ the Niagara? Is that what you had the amps plugged into ?
    What are you feeding with the NR Shunyata. I am so nervous about noise reducing stuff, it just sounds flat. To Me. I was conaidering the NR cables for my dac and server. Richard at shunyata keeps telling me I need to try them. What's your thought.

Yes the AQ1000 is the Niagara. I just hate spelling Niagara. I use one for the Oppo/NAD and Lumin T2 with a Cardas power cord. The other AQ1000 has the Shunyata Venom NR12 as its power cord. And it is worth having as well IMO.

As I told Ed in a text. I've cleaned up my system so much by using the i7 Roon computer/ linear power supplies/dc cables/Gigafoil/AQ1000s/Shunyata NR power cable that my systems energy was lacking. I noticed Mike mentioned about plugging a amp directly to the wall outlet. So, I pulled out from my cable vault an old 2meter ByBee power cord and noticed a jump in my systems energy. Which of course means I needed to order a Cardas Clear Beyond power cord...ugh. But, reading the post from Ed on the Electraclear etc. I thought I'd look around Audiogon and found a seller for one. As I said a fairly inexpensive tweak. Listening to my system since I plugged it in is just a new level of energy in the music. That's why I ordered the Symphony for my main components AQ1000. I should have the two addons early next week.
    I swear this road just goes on and on.
    Darrel, I’m glad to hear your having a fun experience with Electra Clear and you will see more with Symphony.

While I’m an advocate and a rep for Add-POWR - there is a lot more I’m doing with this aside from the benefits of audio.

I’ll see you soon!

Yes the AQ1000 is the Niagara. I just hate spelling Niagara. I use one for the Oppo/NAD and Lumin T2 with a Cardas power cord. The other AQ1000 has the Shunyata Venom NR12 as its power cord. And it is worth having as well IMO.
    Why is the NR worth it if your taking the amps out of the AQ1000 and putting them direct to the wall? I'm just asking. I wonder if the NQ would benefit my digital front end. But then again, my front end is pretty good as is.

Why is the NR worth it if your taking the amps out of the AQ1000 and putting them direct to the wall? I'm just asking. I wonder if the NQ would benefit my digital front end. But then again, my front end is pretty good as is.
    I have two dedicated 20amp outlets for my system. One AQ1000 is for my main stereo system. Amp, preamp,Lumin and Oppo. The other outlet is for my digital end. The Shunyata is used with my second AQ1000 along with the Electra Clear.

Ed I haven't noticed any improvement to my picture quality with the Electra Clear. But, the Shunyata NR gave my Samsung its biggest benefit.

I also see that the Symphony is out for delivery today. So, more fun tonight.

I have two dedicated 20amp outlets for my system. One AQ1000 is for my main stereo system. Amp, preamp,Lumin and Oppo. The other outlet is for my digital end. The Shunyata is used with my second AQ1000 along with the Electra Clear.

Ed I haven't noticed any improvement to my picture quality with the Electra Clear. But, the Shunyata NR gave my Samsung its biggest benefit.

I also see that the Symphony is out for delivery today. So, more fun tonight.
    Symphony will deliver!

More than audio, complete video!

All my network gear is located in my mechanical room, adjacent to both sides of this room are the main and sub panel.

Up until last weekend, the network was powered from a circuit in the main panel, it now has its own circuit in the sub panel.

So moving from shared to dedicated was an audible and visual benefit, and one of the most cost effective things you can do!

Now moving things up to a crazy good level is adding some pieces from ADD-POWR; Electra Clear and Symphony Pro.

I chose the Audioquest P3 distribution as a low cost solution and it really added to making a difference. I plugged two Electra Clears in, the a Symphony Pro with a Shunyata Venom C5 cable - all good, it really is.

Then I had the idea to move the Symphony Pro to the new outlet I put in, leaving the Electra Clears in the AudioQuest.

There are three Pioneer Plasma Elites in the home, these are older displays but still provide a very good picture!

Now, with plugging Symphony Pro, I cannot believe the color saturation, blacks, and image quality - even my Wife and her Mother noticed this and they could care less.

Plugging Symphony Pro into the outlet that contains the hot and neutral wires delivered better results, so you will need to look at your outlet.

This is not too crazy of an expense and in my case delivered night and day results - it just shows you do not know how good your system is until you address the power.

ADD POWR is not a conditioner and does no harm.

While I’m playing with the company, I’m only stating what I’ve discovered, there are a few companies out there but at the price point, and founders legacy, it’s a hard one to beat in price and performance. And if you order direct, mention AudioShark, and I’ll pass a percentage of sales in support of this site.

i wonder if anyone has ever done some serious measurements concerning the electromagnetic fields (EMF) in a listening room and their influence on the audio quality or the influence on our listening abilities (brain).

do we hear different from day to day, because of a change in EMF?
    hifi:
    power: Audioplan Powerstar, Audioplan Finefilter, Audioplan Powerplant, Powercord
    tube amp: Jadis DA 50 Signature RC, Line Magnetic 508ia
    speaker: Living Voice Avatar 2
    turntable: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 + Ortofon Quintet Black MC
    phono stage: Remton 383 MKII
    cables: Audioplan Musicable bic 7a, Profigold, Wilbrand

home-cinema: Sony blu-ray, Yamaha rx v2700, Heco Metas 700 (4x), Heco center

Quote Originally Posted by tube-vds View Post
    i wonder if anyone has ever done some serious measurements concerning the electromagnetic fields (EMF) in a listening room and their influence on the audio quality or the influence on our listening abilities (brain).
    do we hear different from day to day, because of a change in EMF?
    All that EMF and humans stuff is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    There’s no intent to sense or control the line. It’s the pulsing signal with harmonic overtones that ride on the line and then onto the dc power supply.

You don’t see a problem with that?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    You don’t see a problem with that?
    I’m not seeing any problem and only hearing improvements, I keep an open door and hold open invitation for everyone to come and hear.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I’m not seeing any problem and only hearing improvements, I keep an open door and hold open invitation for everyone to come and hear............................
    Lots of serious audio people near Seattle.

http://www.aes.org/sections/pnw/

Does anybody see a problem with having a bunch of chokes or caps in line with your power? Or any other audiophile Voodoo that goes in one of the many conditioners that are out there. I was highly suspect of the addpower stuff myself. Ed brought it over to my house and plugged it in. It's the second only conditioning device I have ever heard that did not have any negative impact on my overall system. The other piece, an Akiko Corelli doesn't show any negative impacts, but it is also questionable whether it's even doing anything positive at all. The addpower absolutely stands out as improving the sonics all around in my entire system. And it's darn inexpensive. $450 or so. And a 30 day money back. And it's small and light. Shipping costs are only a few bucks.

Rex, is the $450 price you quote for both the ElectrClear and Symphony? There are audio web sites that sell ADD-POWR with free shipping and no sales tax. I actually got the two for less than that. I'm still waiting for the Symphony to be delivered.

Im pretty sure I paid $75 per Electraclear and $350 for the Symphony. So maybe it was $425. I ended up with 2 electraclear in the end. The original one in my power strip with the symphony did most of what I hear. The 2nd electraclear a week later went into my Power strip in my mechanical room feeding my router, modem and switch. I did not notice that as much. I did not pay any shipping as Ed dropped them off at my house during a listening session.

In comparison, It's not like trying AQ Niagara 5000 at $4,000 or a Isoteck Aquarious at about the same. How about regenerators at $7000. Those are such a big chunk of money. Ok, you could get a Niagara 1000 for about a grand. I have just tried a lot of those devices (sans a regenerator) and heard them all. I don't hear the Add-power. I notice my system runs with a lot more ease like the amps are bigger. I notice I can turn up the volume way higher and not get fatigue. And the instruments and voices are more natural and closer to live. In my mind, it's worth a try.

I bet as these get more popular they are going to go up in price. I'm pretty sure the electraclear is going to be redesigned like a cylinder so it only takes one socket. I'm sure it will go up in price. The symphony is a bargain. I am going to have Ed bring the Wizard by here when he gets one. I hear it will make things a little more smooth.

Remember, I play digital allot. Vinyl is only a hobby for me. I do find, now that Ed got all excited about his Kuzma and got me playing my vinyl again, that my vinyl sounds damn nice. Better than I remember.

Does anybody see a problem with having a bunch of chokes or caps in line with your power?

Capacitors need to have an 'X' or 'Y' safety rating.

With ferrite chokes, all three conductors need to go thru the ferrite.

With iron core, wire wound chokes, they need to be safety rated for the task at hand. Only use on the Hot & Neutral conductors. Not on the Safety Ground/Protective Earth conductor.

Thought I would do an update on my ADD-POWR experience. Friday I received the Symphony ADD-POWR product. It is a small box with a wall plug that is 12V/.7amp and uses 5 watts of power. It has a 8 foot wire which connects with a doggle to the back of the Symphony. The wire is wrapped or placed near components cables or power supplies. I plugged the Symphony into my HDPlex 200w linear power supply which is plugged into a AQ1000 power conditioner. ADD-POWR recommend using the included wall plug. Maybe I'll try that at some point. And the other ElectraClear was plugged into my other AQ1000. The idea is that the two work in a cumulative manner. I have to say having listened to my system since Friday. They do as advertised. So much refined energy, detail and a soundstage that is very wide and deep. Cleaning up any harshness to boot. These two pieces added to my system are clearly my most affordable system upgrades. I've spent a lot on the digital end with linear power supplies,power cords, interconnects and ethernet cables. And have heard them clean up my system. Reduced the noise floor and brought a lot of balance to my system. But, these two pieces have added IMO the best improvement in energy, soundstage and detail. I would recommend at least trying the ElectraClear (30 day money back etc). It was a surprise and worth the second purchase.

Ultrafast got the Wizard. I'm sure he will post. He's bringing it by my place on Wednesday. I hope it's not as good as he says. I don't need to spend $2,000. He says its all cumulative. Maybe I want another symphony to put in my network shelf to really calm that gear down.

FWIW, today I was poking around with my TT and I decided to move the symphony away from the TT speed control. Its a Rega TTPSU. As I moved it away I hear the actual controller itself start to buzz a little louder. After a few adjustments, I got the controller as silent as I could get it. Its amazing the impact such a small device has.

Darrel, I thought I read you weren't suppose to use linear PS with the Symphony. I myself swapped the PS out with a larger 1.4 amp wallwart. Same style. Not sure it did much, but it worked so I kept it in place.

Thought I would do an update on my ADD-POWR experience. Friday I received the Symphony ADD-POWR product. It is a small box with a wall plug that is 12V/.7amp and uses 5 watts of power. It has a 8 foot wire which connects with a doggle to the back of the Symphony. The wire is wrapped or placed near components cables or power supplies. I plugged the Symphony into my HDPlex 200w linear power supply which is plugged into a AQ1000 power conditioner. ADD-POWR recommend using the included wall plug. Maybe I'll try that at some point. And the other ElectraClear was plugged into my other AQ1000. The idea is that the two work in a cumulative manner. I have to say having listened to my system since Friday. They do as advertised. So much refined energy, detail and a soundstage that is very wide and deep. Cleaning up any harshness to boot. These two pieces added to my system are clearly my most affordable system upgrades. I've spent a lot on the digital end with linear power supplies,power cords, interconnects and ethernet cables. And have heard them clean up my system. Reduced the noise floor and brought a lot of balance to my system. But, these two pieces have added IMO the best improvement in energy, soundstage and detail. I would recommend at least trying the ElectraClear (30 day money back etc). It was a surprise and worth the second purchase.
    Darrel - you are dead on, I’m glad your digging this and play around with where you plug it in.

I look forward to hearing all you have done!

Recap;

I have been using Coherent Products since RMAF 2019, where I met the owner, learned about his development experience, and how he incorporated most of his products into Nordost as the QRT line.

Bill has left Nordost after many successful products and now is back designing kick ass products that providing sonic and visual benefits taking no prisoners. You get great sound, for value if that’s not an oxymoron in audio!

I just received and installed the Wizard, a somewhat compact at 12” W 8” D and 2” H, so finding a place for it on the shelf was easy.

The Wizard is encased in an aluminum chassis, with an engraved front panel with its name, it only has an IEC cable for power, and I used the Nordost Blue Heaven from their entry series, all your other components plug into their current locations.

I incorporate multiples of ADD-POWR’s Ever Clear (3) and Symphony Pro (2) split between my Reference System as well as in my mechanical room that houses the modem, switches and CAT5 wiring hub that runs throughout the home except the audio room where direct connection is made between the AQVox SE switch and the Gigafoil.

Gains throughout the home were not subtle, bringing sonic and visual improvements, all without doing any harm, and cost effective in comparison to other things I have done chasing the dragon reaching top shelf performance.

The Wizard was placed into the open receptacle feeding distribution to the reference system and is working with Symphony Pro and Electra Clear with strong positive results - the more you add will be cumulative contributing more goodness to the overall sound!

From the Aurender N10, I cued up Patrica Barbers new album, Higher (purchased direct from her site), and it actually does take you higher without needing Washington’s own Sour Diesel. She records very well, and now with Wizard added to the reference grouping it is crazy good listening to the undertone ring of the piano keys play with more openess allowing the sustain of the keys to decay naturally into the sunset and the noise floor resides in basement levels that just bring out this album to its fullest. And while that’s all really good, you then benefit by a considerable gain in volume, in my system what before was at 35% now easily sits at 25% - this is huge and shows how much noise is in these lines and systems even when you think your doing good.

Streaming through the N10 is very close to music stored on the Aurender server, I mean good luck hearing the difference in my system. The Patricia Barber description above is equal in sound quality and volume levels using other tracks, but their always can be the exception as recording quality is paramount - Wizard makes it that good.

The dynamic range is open and controlled. The low end does not smear over other sounds and is as tight as bed sheets in basic training. Noise and harshness, “the edge” what I like to refer to it as, is virtually dissipated, I say virtually as when I think there is no more improvement, it seems there always is.

As for the improvements in analog...

Let’s just say while the cartridge and tonearm cables are still breaking in, things here sound slightly more opened, better defined and playing at louder levels. I’m really liking this, so I played the UHQR of Axis Bold as Love, where 2 days ago it was evident the cartridge and cable needed some hours, today it was more richer, open, louder and only a couple of days have past with 2/3 hours of play time since the last session, the difference is clearly attributed to the Wizard!

No comparison between the remastered 2009 streaming version, against the UHQR version, it is clearly the leader checking every box, but I knew was to be the case going into it. I will compare against the new SACD version later.

Power is everything, it’s what we hear. There are all sorts of products out there that condition and regenerate which IMO mask the problems at the expense of sound quality or power restraint, but I guess in some circumstances it’s a solution and I’m told ADD-POWR does no harm when added to these scenarios where conditioners and the like are used.

Take away:

Aside from a treated room, having a neutral distribution, ideally one that is internally star grounded, (and consider optional passive grounding), plus good mechanical isolation and power cables builds a solid slab to erect a contributing foundation building on your sound - it can be perceived like its a lot, and it is but this is a hobby, and your playing for sound to enjoy - you will spend less addressing this rather than chasing components.

If your working towards getting the most from your sound, adding a product from the ADD POWR line will erect from your foundation helping you reach levels unknown that existed in your system, and that’s the best part. Most of you already have the pieces in play, so why not get more as intended by the OEM.

These are my opinions, and my experience may be different than yours due to how you addressed power, grounding, isolation, cables, components, speakers and heck the room itself, but after all that disclaimer, I trust you still will be ahead, and by a decent clip!

If your up in the Northwest, come by and hear for yourself.

Stay Tuned, and Enjoy Your Sound Electrical Interference Solution

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team