Electrical Interference Solution - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electrical Interference Solution

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Thanks for helping Jim with an address, I could not get ahead yesterday and looks tough today - working man blues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Hey Ed, do you know if the ADDpower senses the line and sends out canceling signals.
    There’s no intent to sense or control the line. It’s the pulsing signal with harmonic overtones that ride on the line and then onto the dc power supply.

Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

Ed (Ultrafast) came over today. He brought some god awful expensive stillpoints and the ADD-power Symphony conditioner and Electraclear. The ADD-power products had a subtle, yet dramatic impact on playback. WHAT?????
    Ok,
    Subtle - I really did not hear much change. It was a touch more clear. A tad more immediacy. It was just more clean and clear. But, it wast like something stood out and grabbed you.

Dramatic - Ed likes to listen pretty loud. I usually listen at subtle levels but every once in a while I want to kick it up. Problem for me is it gets a little fatiguing at higher volumes for me. Enter the ADD-power. We got onto the new Beatles and playes and played Come Together a bunch of times. Each time we added the 2 ADD-power products in and out. Each time I was hearing the boost in clarity and dynamics. It was all for the good. Then we put on Stevie Ray Vaughan - Tin Pan Alley. This song begs to be turned up and that we did. I and Ed were pretty blown away at how good my setup was sounding. I mean, it was really laying it down. Clean, clear, effortless, and easy to listen too. By far best it's ever sounded, then I unplugged the ADD-power parts. Immediately I cringed. No way. Too loud. Kind of a cant put your finger on the problem but it had to be turned down. My stereo as stock just does not play at the volumes we were at. I plugged the units back in and immediately it was as above. Rock solid on top of the music. Just laying it down.

No lie, I pulled out $450 and said I want them. It took a few tries to get him to part with his new toys. He just got these pieces today. Heck, its a second set of the entry level products he was going to put on his router and modem. I convinced him I needed them more on my main system. Thanks Ed.

I highly recommend even the basic setup I bought. It makes a dramatic difference when you want it to, and a nice subtle cleanse at low levels. There is absolutely no negative impact to these devices. You don't hear them like ordinary plug in power conditioners. Technically they're not power conditioners. They don't get rid of hum and noise, but they sure do bring something that let's you open it up and rip the tunes.

4. Thanks audio.bill thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed (Ultrafast) came over today. He brought some god awful expensive stillpoints and the ADD-power Symphony conditioner and Electraclear. The ADD-power products had a subtle, yet dramatic impact on playback. WHAT?????
    Ok,
    Subtle - I really did not hear much change. It was a touch more clear. A tad more immediacy. It was just more clean and clear. But, it wast like something stood out and grabbed you.

Dramatic - Ed likes to listen pretty loud. I usually listen at subtle levels but every once in a while I want to kick it up. Problem for me is it gets a little fatiguing at higher volumes for me. Enter the ADD-power. We got onto the new Beatles and playes and played Come Together a bunch of times. Each time we added the 2 ADD-power products in and out. Each time I was hearing the boost in clarity and dynamics. It was all for the good. Then we put on Stevie Ray Vaughan - Tin Pan Alley. This song begs to be turned up and that we did. I and Ed were pretty blown away at how good my setup was sounding. I mean, it was really laying it down. Clean, clear, effortless, and easy to listen too. By far best it's ever sounded, then I unplugged the ADD-power parts. Immediately I cringed. No way. Too loud. Kind of a cant put your finger on the problem but it had to be turned down. My stereo as stock just does not play at the volumes we were at. I plugged the units back in and immediately it was as above. Rock solid on top of the music. Just laying it down.

No lie, I pulled out $450 and said I want them. It took a few tries to get him to part with his new toys. He just got these pieces today. Heck, its a second set of the entry level products he was going to put on his router and modem. I convinced him I needed them more on my main system. Thanks Ed.

I highly recommend even the basic setup I bought. It makes a dramatic difference when you want it to, and a nice subtle cleanse at low levels. There is absolutely no negative impact to these devices. You don't hear them like ordinary plug in power conditioners. Technically they're not power conditioners. They don't get rid of hum and noise, but they sure do bring something that let's you open it up and rip the tunes.
    All True!

The Stillpoint's we used were the uber expensive Ultra 6’s. We placed these under the First Sound Pre-Amp and then moved them to the Mojo Audio DAC then on to the Mojo Server - the largest gain was on the Pre-Amp. Then we coupled the Stillpoints with a more economical approach using ADD-POWR’s Symphony and Electra Clear. This really cleaned up things in a natural way making things more present and open with a better timbre around instruments, the effect was cumulative with and without the Stillpoints.

While Rex stripped me of my ADD POWR (I only let him since I already have several units of Symphony and Symphony Prop plus Electra Clears at home) he was not going to get my Ultra 6’s even at retail!

Glad we had some fun in Audio Land!

Post Thanks / Like

ADD-POWR continues to really be a benefit in the music room and the home itself.

Great places to start;

-Symphony
    -Symphony Pro
    -Electra Clear
    -Wizard

Music sounds so much livelier and natural and the images on my older Pioneer Elite Plasmas are more crisp and colorful, amazing to watch College and NFL football on.

Any unit simply plugs into an open receptacle then the magic starts.

PM me with questions or interest in acquisition, I’m putting effort into this because I believe it’s that good!

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up ElectrClear this week and added it to my AQ1000 that I use for my streaming equipment. I have to say that the energy level of music just jumped up a notch. Today I ordered a Symphony that I will use on my other AQ1000 that is used on my Preamp/Lumin T2 and Oppo 205. To me this is a very affordable upgrade. Thanks Ed for posting.
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear power supply, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    I picked up ElectrClear this week and added it to my AQ1000 that I use for my streaming equipment. I have to say that the energy level of music just jumped up a notch. Today I ordered a Symphony that I will use on my other AQ1000 that is used on my Preamp/Lumin T2 and Oppo 205. To me this is a very affordable upgrade. Thanks Ed for posting.
    King Rex is running exactly what you have, it will be of benefit, watch and enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Juat a reminder, it can be used with other power conditioners. But not with regenerators.
    Glad your enjoying it. I have 2 electraclear and 1 symphony. The extra electraclear is in my basement with my router, modem switch.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultra, when does that wizard show up ?
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp, Altec Lansing 1570B modded by Transition Audio Design and myself, Mojo Audio CAT Server running Win Server 2016 AO HQ and Roon, Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC, Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Custom TT with Vertere Arm, Denon 103R Midas with sapphire cantilever line contact diamond, Allnic H1201 phono pre, Pure Audio Project Trio 10 with performance Solen air core chokes and Mundord Supreme oil caps, Power via 10 awg OFC cord from panel to custom distribution strip, Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.

11. Thanks UltraFast69 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultra, when does that wizard show up ?
    Should be sometime the end of next week, beginning of the following.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast