Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Estelon YB

Estelon YB

Recently been looking at a few 2 way speakers - YG Carmel and Kharma S7S but wondering if anyone had auditioned the Estelons in particular the YB? Any input will be great. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Turntable: VPI Prime - Ortofon Quintet S Black - VPI ADS
    Digital Source: dCS Bartok w/headphone amp
    Preamp: Soulution 520
    Amplifier: Soulution 511
    Speakers: Rockport Atria II
    Power conditioning- Shunyata Research Denali 6000T v1
    Power cord: AQ Thunder/Transparent Audio XL Gen 6
    Interconnect: Transparent Audio Super Gen 5 XLR and tonearm cable / Transparent Audio Gen 6
    Rack: Critical Mass Sotto Voce/ Critical Mass Black Platinum/MXR spike

Audioshark

Estelon YB

Quote Originally Posted by Bob82 View Post
    Recently been looking at a few 2 way speakers - YG Carmel and Kharma S7S but wondering if anyone had auditioned the Estelons in particular the YB? Any input will be great. Thanks.

Yes! Great speakers. I’ve always been a big fan of Estelon’s. They are musical, clean (without added resonance), and the Diamond tweeter is terrific.

I also quite like the unique shape.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Estelon YB

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes! Great speakers. I’ve always been a big fan of Estelon’s. They are musical, clean (without added resonance), and the Diamond tweeter is terrific.

I also quite like the unique shape.
    Mike,

Are the YB model considered 2-ways? So far the YGs have impressed me. Close 2nd by a hair is the Kharma.
    I am going to listen to the Magico S1 on Thursday.

How does the Magico weigh up against the 3?

Turntable: VPI Prime - Ortofon Quintet S Black - VPI ADS
    Digital Source: dCS Bartok w/headphone amp
    Preamp: Soulution 520
    Amplifier: Soulution 511
    Speakers: Rockport Atria II
    Power conditioning- Shunyata Research Denali 6000T v1
    Power cord: AQ Thunder/Transparent Audio XL Gen 6
    Interconnect: Transparent Audio Super Gen 5 XLR and tonearm cable / Transparent Audio Gen 6
    Rack: Critical Mass Sotto Voce/ Critical Mass Black Platinum/MXR spike

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Bob82 View Post
    Mike,

Are the YB model considered 2-ways? So far the YGs have impressed me. Close 2nd by a hair is the Kharma.
    I am going to listen to the Magico S1 on Thursday.

How does the Magico weigh up against the 3?

It’s a 3 way. The Magico S3 mk2 is quite a big step up over the S1 mk2. More bass weight, plays louder, just a great speaker.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I have heard only the Forzas. Alfred Vassilkov demonstrated them for me at Estelon’s headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia. They were extraordinary in definition, soundstage, dynamism, etc. Unfortunately, they are also very, very expensive. The YB speaker is at the other end of the spectrum, and so compromises were obviously made in its design, construction, and materials. Hopefully, the basic architectural philosophy developed by Alfred was retained. If so, then they are certainly worth consideration.
    Jonathan

Age is a mental construct.

System: Theta Casablanca V preamp/processor/DAC; Wadia 8 transport; Wadia 2000 DAC; Theta Compli SACD transport; Lumin T2 streamer/DAC; Roon Nucleus+; Luxul AGS-1024 switch; SOTA Sapphire turntable w/Premier FT3 arm & Hana SL cartridge; PS Audio Stellar phono preamp; SweetVinyl SC-2 noise/click remover; Oppo 203 4K player; Magnum Dynalab FT-101A tuner; McIntosh MC611 mono amplifiers (3); Revel Ultima Studio/ Voice/Embrace speakers (L/C/R and sides); Arendal 1723 speakers (surrounds); SVS SB-16 (2) and 3000 Micro (2) subwoofers; Stax SR-L300 headphones; TeddyPardo 19/3 linear power supply; Richard Gray's Substation; Shunyata 6000/S, 2000/T (2), Venom PS10, Hydra (2), and Defender (2) power conditioners; Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables; Audioquest, Cardas, Kimber Kable, MIT, and Wireworld interconnects; Cullen, and Shunyata power cords.

JVC RS 3100 projector; MadVR Envy Extreme II video processor.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Estelon YB