Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

MSB M500 Monoblocks

In all the 25+ years I've been involved in this hobby, I've had amplifiers designed by Dan D'Agostino exclusively except for one short flirtation with Halcro. There was always a meaty weight to the sound his products produced that appealed to me at an emotional level. When I demo'd the MSB Select II DAC and compared it to my beloved dCS stack, I was shocked by how much MSB had accomplished. After 10+ years with dCS, I traded their front end without a second thought. When MSB introduced new Monoblock amps, I had to take the chance that the same stellar engineering carried over to this product. Mike helped make this happen.

Up until this point in time, the D'Agostino M400's were the most liquid, quiet, detailed amplifiers I ever had in my system. If you want to enjoy this level of audio engineering, talk to Mike as I traded them as part of the deal. Did I make the right choice? It will take 4-6 weeks to find out. Tick, tick, tick.....

Eric
    Wadax Reference DAC and Server
    CH Precision L10 PreAmp
    CH Precision M10 Amplifier
    Rockport Orion speakers
    Nordost ODIN 2 speaker cables and interconnects
    StromTank 2500 Power Supply
    Shunyata Sigma QR power cords
    Shunyata Everest power conditioner
    Vicoustics Room Treatments

Re: MSB M500 Monoblocks

Congrats

What is the cost of the MSB monos vs the M400's?
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Audioshark

MSB M500 Monoblocks

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy2 View Post
    In all the 25+ years I've been involved in this hobby, I've had amplifiers designed by Dan D'Agostino exclusively except for one short flirtation with Halcro. There was always a meaty weight to the sound his products produced that appealed to me at an emotional level. When I demo'd the MSB Select II DAC and compared it to my beloved dCS stack, I was shocked by how much MSB had accomplished. After 10+ years with dCS, I traded their front end without a second thought. When MSB introduced new Monoblock amps, I had to take the chance that the same stellar engineering carried over to this product. Mike helped make this happen.

Up until this point in time, the D'Agostino M400's were the most liquid, quiet, detailed amplifiers I ever had in my system. If you want to enjoy this level of audio engineering, talk to Mike as I traded them as part of the deal. Did I make the right choice? It will take 4-6 weeks to find out. Tick, tick, tick.....

Eric
    Congrats Eric. I absolutely love this amp. It has the house sound of the Select II. Just incredible. There will be no second guessing on this one.

MSB asked me for feedback yesterday, here’s what I wrote them:

“Thanks for letting us enjoy the S500 for the past week or so. We have had it running non-stop and tested it with the Discrete, Premier, Select II and an assortment of preamps. When combined with any MSB DAC, this amplifier is absolutely one of the best, if not the best, we have ever heard in the store - and we have some amazing amps here with Soulution, Gryphon, Constellation, etc.

The S500 sounds exactly like the Select II, incredibly natural and musical. The blackest backgrounds we have ever heard, combined with a full rich and never fatiguing sound. This amp is totally worth the asking price and when combined with an MSB DAC, a giant.”
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Mike,
    What is the retail price of the MSB S500 stereo amp?
    Thanks,
    Anshul

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by apdoc2004 View Post
    Mike,
    Thanks,
    Anshul
    $58,500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Wow, that’s a change and believe the right choice given your DAC and Pre Combo.

I like the synergy of components made by the same manufacturer.

Look forward to hearing more about your new sound!

And someone will benefit having those M400’s, like you said they are no slouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Nice, hope to hear the MSB set up someday
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Congrats on the amazing system. Even before the MSB amps :-)

I'm firm a believer in the system synergy point of view. At least to have the same pre+amp from the same manufacturer.

Although this hobby is so subjective that many will disagree but, having a system approach takes it the next level; especially with a top level manufacture/designer such as MSB and others.

Quote Originally Posted by apdoc2004 View Post
    Mike,
    Thanks,
    Anshul
    The MSRP of the M500 monoblocks that Eric is getting is $118,500. Congrats Eric!

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

The M500's are in the house. Getting some help from Mike this Friday to wrestle them into position and fire them up. More to follow with pics.

Eric

Attached Images Attached Images
    CH Precision L10 PreAmp
    Rockport Orion speakers

Super Moderator

Awesome!

Can’t wait for your updates!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Exciting!! Can’t wait.

Wow, congrates! I love my MSB M202 monoblocks. MSB is seriously underated as amplifier manufacturer. You can get the previous models like M202, 203, 204 or S200 stereo for a very reasonable money used and they still perform up with the best.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Wow, congrates! I love my MSB M202 monoblocks. MSB is seriously underated as amplifier manufacturer. You can get the previous models like M202, 203, 204 or S200 stereo for a very reasonable money used and they still perform up with the best.
    True, I do like how the new amps run a lot cooler. They won’t melt you out of the room. A necessary thing here in Florida.

That is the only downside to the old amps. They run very hot as they work in Class A (just like the big Pass monos or the Lamms 1.2R).
    Adam

Eric
    Amazing, please share photos when you get a chance - those amps look beautiful as do the msb dacs.

BTW, just wanted to add that I read alot of your posts back in the day when i was vacillating on switching from raidho to magico. Your detailed posts on your journey really encouraged me to make the switch as well

Quote Originally Posted by Skanda View Post
    BTW, just wanted to add that I read alot of your posts back in the day when i was vacillating on switching from raidho to magico. Your detailed posts on your journey really encouraged me to make the switch as well
    Glad that worked out for you. I haven't regretted the switch for a single second.

Eric
    CH Precision L10 PreAmp
    Rockport Orion speakers

Eric, I bet you are super excited. Congrats on the sweet addition; I hope they’re everything you want!

I’m eager to see some pictures and to read your experience as you get these up and running.

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Finland, that´s somewhere in Northern Europe

Eric, you’ve got my exact dream setup there. Congrats!

Congrats Eric on the M500’s! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts.

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Congratulations Eric! A full stack of MSB digital front end with their new amps driving the Magico M3s should be a delicious combination. Enjoy in good health.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Congratulations Eric! A full stack of MSB digital front end with their new amps driving the Magico M3s should be a delicious combination. Enjoy in good health.
    + 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Mike and Mike just left. Mission accomplished. We are burning them in for a day before any critical listening. If they sound half as good as they look I'll be very happy. Initial impression out of the box. Very very low noise floor. Percussion instruments incredibly snappy with a very quick attack. Cool running.

Eric

Attached Images Attached Images
    CH Precision L10 PreAmp
    Rockport Orion speakers

Audioshark

Mike and Mike just left. Mission accomplished. We are burning them in for a day before any critical listening. If they sound half as good as they look I'll be very happy. Initial impression out of the box. Very very low noise floor. Percussion instruments incredibly snappy with a very quick attack. Cool running.

Eric

Sweet setup, congrats. I do like their understated design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Eric,

Gorgeous looking amps. Amazing no holds barred system.

Congrats and Enjoy!
    Ken

Absolutely state of the art system, setup, and room. Nicely done!
    Morgan

NEW SYSTEM UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Wowzers!
    Adam

Great looking world class system Eric! Looking forward to your thoughts in a few days!

PS - Who’s the model guy posing in front of your system?

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Eric

WOW!

This is an incredible setup, ENJOY in great health!

And shout out to Suncoast Mike and crew!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We go to so much effort with the racks and vibration isolation, yet those massive Q-sub drivers are pointed directly at the amps only 12" away. Hard to wrap my head around that juxtaposition.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    We go to so much effort with the racks and vibration isolation, yet those massive Q-sub drivers are pointed directly at the amps only 12" away. Hard to wrap my head around that juxtaposition.
    The amps are far enough away and the subs are barely on idle.

Mike, I might have missed it, but how do they compare to Gryphon Mephisto?
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Great set-up and room. Enjoy the upcoming period.
    Jan

Dedicated room: Confidence Mansion
    Electronics: Trinnov Altitude32 | VAC Signature 200 IQ mono’s | Parasound Halo JC-1’s + A51 | Synology DS918+/DX517 (48TB) | Oppo BDP-105D / UDP-203 CM Stufe2
    Speakers: Von Schweikert VR10-MKII system | Dynaudio Confidence C4 | Velodyne DD-18
    Projection: JVC DLA-NX9 CM | Stewart 123” StudioTek 1.3 G3
    Various: Artesania Exoteryc 3L + Aire racks | Schnerzinger Emi + Giga Piccolo A3 | PS Audio Stellar Power Plant 3 | iPad Pro 12.9” (2018) | Roon
    Cables: AudioQuest Huricane EC | Nordost Frey speakercable | AudioQuest Diamond RJ/E | AudioQuest Diamond HDMI

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. Would love those behemoths in my room. Jealous
    Analog source: AMG Viella 12; Ortofon Anna cartridge, van den Hul Crimson Stradivarius XGW
    Digital source: Totaldac d1-twelve Mk2 DAC, Totaldac d1-player, Totaldac d1-streamer, Totaldac Live Power supply
    Pre amp: VAC Master with phono
    Phonostage: ​Constellation Andromeda
    Amps: VAC 200iQ monoblocks
    Speakers: Magico M3 with MPods
    Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo SX speaker, phono, analog and digital interconnects
    Power products: Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX and Transporter Ultra. Galileo SX and SRX power cords. Keces P3 LPS for cable modem and router.

Truly beautiful setup. What is the room dimensions?
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    Truly beautiful setup. What is the room dimensions?
    14' wide, 19' long and 10' high.

Eric
    CH Precision L10 PreAmp
    Rockport Orion speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    absolutely right , there are 2 very well priced msb amps on sale in uk at the moment . just sold my s200 sadly but hope to resume ownership one day
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

After about 48 hours of burn-in, I sat down for some critical listening this afternoon. A few caveats first. My baseline is the existing system with D'Agostino M400's. These were incredible amps that gave me a beautiful, lush, detailed presentation in combination with the other components in my system. I'm going to describe the differences I hear between that baseline and the system with the MSB mono's. There are so many variables (room dimensions, treatments, cables, speakers, front end etc.) it would be tough to draw any conclusions on what they would sound like in your set up.

Nonetheless, the MSB's are very special amplifiers. The initial impressions I had when I first turned them on have been confirmed and reinforced. The backgrounds are blacker than black. This has the effect of making every voice and image more pronounced. I also find that I can listen at a louder volume without fatigue. We set the gain on these to MAX for now and I will experiment by backing off as time goes on. Right now, the normal listening level as shown by the MSB volume level is the same as it was for the D"Ag's.

The second characteristic I noticed is low level detail. The background instruments deep in the soundstage or off to the right or left now have the texture and definition of the main images. Detail in general is off the charts even compared to the D'Ags. It is especially pronounced on percussion instruments. Piano notes have faster attacks. On xylophone, you can separate the thump the hammer makes on the key from the actual note. I have on file from a Chesky CD with a bluesman playing Bones. The sound of the woody impact is scary realistic.

The MSB's soundstage breadth and depth, bass definition (particularly on acoustic bass) and tonal accuracy all edge the D'Agostino's but not by much. Their accuracy and detail are what separate them by a wide margin.

The amps after running for two days are no hotter than the D'Ags were after running for an hour. The engineers at MSB did a great job of thermal management.

In sum, I'm very pleased with the purchase. My ears are no match for a professional reviewer or for many of you. I only know what I like when I hear it in my room, with the rest of my gear with my files. These amp I like. A lot. I've had Krell amps ever since the KSA-250 back in the 90's. Sad to say goodbye but the MSB's are the new stanadard for me.

Eric
    CH Precision L10 PreAmp
    Rockport Orion speakers

MSB M500 Monoblocks

After about 48 hours of burn-in, I sat down for some critical listening this afternoon. A few caveats first. My baseline is the existing system with D'Agostino M400's. These were incredible amps that gave me a beautiful, lush, detailed presentation in combination with the other components in my system. I'm going to describe the differences I hear between that baseline and the system with the MSB mono's. There are so many variables (room dimensions, treatments, cables, speakers, front end etc.) it would be tough to draw any conclusions on what they would sound like in your set up.

Nonetheless, the MSB's are very special amplifiers. The initial impressions I had when I first turned them on have been confirmed and reinforced. The backgrounds are blacker than black. This has the effect of making every voice and image more pronounced. I also find that I can listen at a louder volume without fatigue. We set the gain on these to MAX for now and I will experiment by backing off as time goes on. Right now, the normal listening level as shown by the MSB volume level is the same as it was for the D"Ag's.

The second characteristic I noticed is low level detail. The background instruments deep in the soundstage or off to the right or left now have the texture and definition of the main images. Detail in general is off the charts even compared to the D'Ags. It is especially pronounced on percussion instruments. Piano notes have faster attacks. On xylophone, you can separate the thump the hammer makes on the key from the actual note. I have on file from a Chesky CD with a bluesman playing Bones. The sound of the woody impact is scary realistic.

The MSB's soundstage breadth and depth, bass definition (particularly on acoustic bass) and tonal accuracy all edge the D'Agostino's but not by much. Their accuracy and detail are what separate them by a wide margin.

The amps after running for two days are no hotter than the D'Ags were after running for an hour. The engineers at MSB did a great job of thermal management.

In sum, I'm very pleased with the purchase. My ears are no match for a professional reviewer or for many of you. I only know what I like when I hear it in my room, with the rest of my gear with my files. These amp I like. A lot. I've had Krell amps ever since the KSA-250 back in the 90's. Sad to say goodbye but the MSB's are the new stanadard for me.

Eric
    Eric, you are too modest. You have a plethora of experience on very high level in high end audio. Therefore it is very interesting to read your thoughts.

What you describe related to increase of detail across the soundstage, sounds similar to my experience when switching to the Lansches.

I am intrigued by the MSB monos, and will try to hear them at High End next year in Munich. Happy for your positive experience with the purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

After a week of burn in and at least an hour of critical listening each night, I think I have he measure of these amps. They do all the normal things exceedingly well as you would expect for a product in this price range. What they do better than any amp I've heard, has to do with how the sound is presented. Instruments such as piano, xylophone, drums, picked guitar, plucked bass, cymbals, anything with a percussive initial attack, EXPLODE out of the background with authority. The recording has to be good but if it is, the fast attack is truly remarkable and contributes to a level of enjoyment I have not experienced from any other variation of my system over the years. Synergy with the DAC and with the Magico tweeter contributes I'm sure but the level of speed and fidelity I'm hearing now was not present with my D'Ag's. Life is good!

Eric
    CH Precision L10 PreAmp
    Rockport Orion speakers

Can P20 handle those monoblocks and subs ? ( I am using P15, but I use Avantgardes and Ear 899 at the moment)

Quote Originally Posted by harri View Post
    Can P20 handle those monoblocks and subs ? ( I am using P15, but I use Avantgardes and Ear 899 at the moment)
    Excellent question. Eric, are the M500’s plugged into the P20 or directly into the wall outlet?

Thanks,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by harri View Post
    My entire system is plugged into a P20 fed with a dedicated 20 amp circuit. The P20 is less than 50% loaded when the entire system including subs is running at my normal volume.

Eric
    CH Precision L10 PreAmp
    Rockport Orion speakers

WOW! Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations. Listen in good health. I clearly made the incorrect career choice...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Wow! Absolutely stunning system. How do you ever get other things done?

A new addition to the family. With special thanks to Mike and Eric for their recommendations. These amps are fabulous:

thumbnail_IMG_0572.jpg

Eye candy. Nice color match with the Wilson's.
    Speakers: Magico M3, ACC, S-SUB | Electronics: Esoteric Grandioso stack | Amplification: Halcro |
    Analog cables: Crystal Cable | Digital cables: Shunyata Sigma | Rack: YG Acoustics Rack 1.8
    | Source: Kaleidescape Premiere (4 x 6TB) | Power: Shunyata Typhon-QR, Everest and Denali

This video just posted on the MSB YT channel

500 Series Amplifiers - YouTube
    Speakers: Magico M3, ACC, S-SUB | Electronics: Esoteric Grandioso stack | Amplification: Halcro |
    Analog cables: Crystal Cable | Digital cables: Shunyata Sigma | Rack: YG Acoustics Rack 1.8
    | Source: Kaleidescape Premiere (4 x 6TB) | Power: Shunyata Typhon-QR, Everest and Denali

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

MSB M500 Monoblocks