Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon Music

Re: Amazon Music

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    CD quality and HD tracks for only $12.99 for Amazon Prime users... Oh boy... Tidal and Qobuz better watch out.
    I doubt that Amazon will work with Roon so for now I am sticking with Roon/Tidal.
    However, I can foresee new lines of Amazon Alexa devices that will compete with the likes of Sonos.
    Following Amazon's new service, Qobuz reduced their rate to £15 per month from £20. I tried a free month with Amazon using BluOS app. Amazon is very clunky compared with Tidal or Qubuz on the same app. Bluesound suggested I take this up with Amazon as they were being slightly "non-industry standard" and Bluesound couldn't do anything themselves.

The new Qobuz rate suits me - stopped Tidal and Amazon. Also stopped Roon as the Bluesound control is almost as good, though I may return to Roon at some time. Peter
    Sources - NAD M50.2 (streamer, CD player, CD ripper, hard drive music store)
    Amplification - NAD M33 all-in-one, NAD M12 preamp (in reserve), Atma-Sphere Class D monos
    Speakers - Avantgarde Duo XD, Avantgarde Duo (2006) - both aesthetically modified

Re: Amazon Music

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I purchase a few CDs from Amazon. Many include free downloads from Amazon of the same songs. However, the downloads aren't good quality - not HD. I rather rip my CDs on my ACS and listen to them - they beat streaming.

Even with a military discount, I dropped Tidal long ago. The sound quality of Qobuz just sounds better to me.

I desire companies like Qobuz and Tidal to remain in business. If Amazon obtains a monopoly on streaming sooner to later the quality may begin to suffer and the prices will go up. Competition is good.
    As a ROON lifetime and a Qobuz, subscriber, I have a similar position.

I also need my streaming service to integrate into ROON as a priority or it’s a non-starter - which also keeps me locked into the PC model of streamers. I don’t want to be locked into a manufacturer’s app or service.
    Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, ClearAudio Performance SE, Satisfy Arm & Maestro Wood MM Cartridge
    Power: 3 x 20 Amp Lines, Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Shunyata Sigma v2 NR, Block Audio Power Cords, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
    Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - Alpha CGS cables
    Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon Modified) Buffalo GS2016 Switches powered with Keces P3 LPSU,
    Cables: Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 SCs, 1M & 6M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
    Other: Isoacoustics GAIA I footers on the Kharmas, GIK/Vicoustics/Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Amazon Music