Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Power conditioning (IsoTek Corvus) Best Practices for amp & preamp?

I finally got down to dealing with the power situation in my system & today a new IsoTek Corvus and 3 Transparent power cables arrived.

I have about 14 components, including an Orbi satellite, Innuos Zen, and Hue Bridge that comprise my main system and the Corvus has 9 outlets.

Trying to suss out the best way to go about getting all this together. I have heard that amps should not be plugged into power conditioning, only source components.

My first impulse is to use the Transparent cable on the MQ-88uSE and plug that directly into the wall AC. Andy at Backert Labs suggests using the stock PC and going directly into wall AC. So that leaves a Transparent Premium for the Corvus connection to the wall, and a Transparent High Performance for the Innuos Zen into the Corvus.

I plan on running the network stuff into a separate Rocketfish/Best Buy distro box and plugging that box into the Corvus...

Then plugging the remaining components (M Scaler, Qutest, Anthem & Monoprice HT separates, Samsung TV, Apple TV, Panny UHD) into the Corvus.

Question is, would the MQ-88uSE benefit from plugging into the Corvus or should I go with my first idea of plugging directly into wall ac. And will plugging the Orbi & Hue Bridge into the Rocketfish distro and then plugging the distro into the Corvus be of any benefit, or should I run a regular extension from the Rocketfish/network stuff into a separate wall AC?

Thanks!
    PRIMARY 2 CH SYSTEM: Backert Labs Rhythm 1.3; Parasound JC3+ Phono pre; Luxman M900u; Pure Fidelity Harmony with Origin Live Illustrious tonearm and PF Stratos cart; Naim NDX 2; Naim 555PS; Innuos Zen MK III (Roon Core); EtherRegen; Volti Audio Rivals; JL Audio e112 (2); Transparent Super Speaker Cables; Transparent Super interconnects; Transparent Premium & High Performance power cables; Naim Fraim; Stillpoints Ultra SS; Symposium Ultra platforms; IsoTek EVO3 Sigmas conditioner; GIK Acoustics absorption and diffusion panels

Re: Power conditioning (IsoTek Corvus) Best Practices for amp & preamp?

Once again it seemed I've answered my own question through experimenting with different options. What I've found is the Backert & MQ-88uSE both sound better going directly into wall AC with the Transparent PCs. My dealer found this unusual, as in his experience, the amps usually sound better plugged into the Corvus conditioner. I found that it flattened the sound a bit versus going straight to wall AC.
    PRIMARY 2 CH SYSTEM: Backert Labs Rhythm 1.3; Parasound JC3+ Phono pre; Luxman M900u; Pure Fidelity Harmony with Origin Live Illustrious tonearm and PF Stratos cart; Naim NDX 2; Naim 555PS; Innuos Zen MK III (Roon Core); EtherRegen; Volti Audio Rivals; JL Audio e112 (2); Transparent Super Speaker Cables; Transparent Super interconnects; Transparent Premium & High Performance power cables; Naim Fraim; Stillpoints Ultra SS; Symposium Ultra platforms; IsoTek EVO3 Sigmas conditioner; GIK Acoustics absorption and diffusion panels

Re: Power conditioning (IsoTek Corvus) Best Practices for amp & preamp?

Theres a general method to connect power, but I am not sure there are any rules in audio other than to enjoy your sound!

IME, the most important cable comes from the wall to the distribution, from there the preamp, followed by the amps and components. Ideally keep your two channel separate from any computer electronics, and related. Its all about keeping noise at bay. In the end, it is always best to experiment and see what you come up with to hear what you like. Remember to allow your changes to settle in for a day or so to see how changes fully root itself.
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Power conditioning (IsoTek Corvus) Best Practices for amp & preamp?