Well what a past few months between visiting Dan D’Agostino, RMAF and now Shunyata, located here in Poulsbo, Washington State.

Shunyata operates its expanded factory (their proudly doing good!) on the peninsula between the east and west side of Puget Sound, and reachable from Seattle by ferry or driving around and over.

So what was the occasion? The reason for today’s visit was to pick up my friends Denali Conditioner and get a tour on how Shunyata does business.

Caelin and Richard greeted us upon arrival, soon after Caelin lead us on an interesting and informative tour. Right from the beginning, we went over the fundamentals and importance of power, something I have always invested in from the start. Highlighted was their dedicated transformer feeding the listening rooms breaker panel, something you just don’t see everyday, for most of us this is located out somewhere on the street shared with neighbors and the noise of the ‘hood and wants to add more noise and interference once power is in the home challenging our systems sonic quality.

One of the first stops in the plant was the assembly benches making all sorts of cables, including the Sigma Ethernet being made, and it’s one I still want to someday try - I’m still very partial to Digital, done right and here’s where we plugged Puma Cat and his passion for Shunyata

Next up was Shunyata’s patented proprietary process called KPIP which eliminates the wasted hours of burn in to fully enjoy the sound quality from what we purchase right out of the box. It was stated that 1 hour of KPIP treatment is equal to 1 year of burn in, they were running KPIP on several Denali’s and other models of conditioners for 4 full days, do the math! This process is proprietary and is claimed to be better than the traditional burn in we all know - it does not take away from the “settling” time that is essentially where everything becomes adjusted with one another and bakes in so to speak, but this is a day or two, not 100 plus hours.

Another highlight, was Conditioner assembly, these are little tanks. On the rear of the Conditioner are what they refer to as cradles, it keep our heavy cords from losing full grip or even coming out, and also keeps terminations snug and tight between both receptacles versus pushing apart from one another.

I can’t say enough good things about these guys, they seem to get it. Anyone looking to upgrade their system really needs to start with power, then the cables connecting between distribution and the components. If you are looking to add or upgrade, I would seriously consider Shunyata as an option.

Note: I am not a brand ambassador, nor receiving funds, or employed by the company, just an “Audio Junkie” in the pursuit of perfect sound if we ever can believe that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro