McIntosh MC75 amplifiers in the house - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McIntosh MC75 amplifiers in the house

I finally turned off the living room sound system at 11:30 last night. I listened to the new amplifiers for 9 hours, well actually about 8 hours because it took me about an hour to reorient the amplifier positions and cabling once I decided to turn them 90 degrees from their initial position. The sound of the MC75 amplifiers is glorious. They offer effortless performance on par with the sound I get from my MC2301 amplifiers in the studio system. The PMC EB1i speakers love these amplifiers and respond accordingly. The sound is highly addicting, literally keeping me glued to the sweet spot with no desire to turn the system off.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

2. Likes Mr Peabody, the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    I finally turned off the living room sound system at 11:30 last night. I listened to the new amplifiers for 9 hours, well actually about 8 hours because it took me about an hour to reorient the amplifier positions and cabling once I decided to turn them 90 degrees from their initial position. The sound of the MC75 amplifiers is glorious. They offer effortless performance on par with the sound I get from my MC2301 amplifiers in the studio system. The PMC EB1i speakers love these amplifiers and respond accordingly. The sound is highly addicting, literally keeping me glued to the sweet spot with no desire to turn the system off.
    So it took you 8 hours of staring to change the orientation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi S with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2: power, interconnects & speaker cables | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect cables
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard
    Foundation: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    So it took you 8 hours of staring to change the orientation
    Ed.......LOL. I guess that's about right. I wanted to be able to see both amplifiers. The original installation had the front amp blocking the view of the rear amp. I like it better this way.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

5. Likes Sean, UltraFast69, the professor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Dan, glad everything met your expectations
    Aurender ACS10 w/AQ Diamond,
    Mark Levinson #526 & 532h, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Congrats Dan, glad everything met your expectations
    Brian.......Truth be known, the McIntosh MC75's have exceeded my expectations. I knew they would be good, but they are so much more. The MC75's are truly outstanding amplifiers. They have some valuable special features, too. The McIntosh Sentry Monitor circuit senses short circuits at the speaker terminals, as well as a power tube failure. If either happens the amplifier immediately shuts off. This is saves the amplifier from dangerous voltages damaging internal circuits. Another feature I like is Power Control. This allows the amplifiers to be remotely triggered by the preamplifier for turn on and turn off. A single press of the power button on the preamp or remote and the entire system energizes. No more need to flip a power switch to turn on each amp. These useful and important features add safety and pleasure to an already tremendous value.
    Dan

8. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Ed.......LOL. I guess that's about right. I wanted to be able to see both amplifiers. The original installation had the front amp blocking the view of the rear amp. I like it better this way.

Dan, congrats!!

I like the amps more when they're positioned like this.
    They are too nice to hide one.
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Halgorythme - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Dan, congrats!!

I like the amps more when they're positioned like this.
    They are too nice to hide one.
    Bart.......I agree, being able to view both amps is a plus. The key to a nice view is cable management. I wouldn't want a rat's nest of cables wrapped around the side of the amps and hanging out the front of my rack. Fortunately the feet on the MC75's lift the amps high enough to be able to route the cables under the amps which allowed me to make the cable terminations efficiently while remaining visually attractive. I am pleased with the look.
    Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2