Rmaf - 2019 - Page 8
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Rmaf - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rmaf - 2019

Nordost did the same thing at Axpona in the VTL, Stenheim, Nordost room where they had a VPI Avenger on Sort Fut. These feet are designed to transmit vibrations out of the component, which makes their use under a turntable a reasonable application of the technology I would think.
    Morgan

Post Thanks / Like

For me the standout room was the In Living Stereo room on the 5th floor. They were using the Mactone 120 power amp, Mactone XX-7000 preamp, Mactone XP-305 phono pre amp, Clearaudio Innovation Compact turntable and Tracer tonearm with Trenner & Friedl Osiris speakers. Warm, involving and rich sounding. The presentation was totally immersive. I found myself relaxing and just listening. No fatigue at all. Just glorious music. Well done, guys.

3. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rmaf - 2019

+1 on the Elac Carina's, Larry.

I too really enjoyed what was being presented in their room. When I was walking by, I heard Yello's La Habenera playing at a good volume and had to see what/who was producing it. The room was utterly packed so I didn't get a sitting position, however the speakers sounded great while standing at the rear so I can only imagine they'd be wonderful if you were actually sitting in the sweet spot or spots.

Amazing little speakers those Carina's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garyalex View Post
    Re: the Endow speakers - Heard them. Didn't particularly like them. It's possible that their appearance affected my perception.
    The rather unusual appearance is what caught my eye, would like to hear them myself with some familiar tracks.
    Seems it was their first show also, can't help but wonder if that inexperience lead to a non-optimum setup. Shows can do that.
    Btww, thanks to all for comments, seems like overall, show was a success.

cheers,

AJ

Post Thanks / Like

I like Robert Harley's description of a pair of the Wilson WatchDog subwoofers:

".... This show the DAW was demonstrated with a pair of Wilson Watchdog subwoofers and Wilson’s new outboard crossover. Throughout the show they did comparisons with and without the subwoofers engaged, with surprising results. Adding the subwoofer affected the entire spectrum, with greater spaciousness along with higher resolution of midrange detail."
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Magico M2s, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

7. Likes Mike liked this post

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8