Rmaf - 2019 - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Rmaf - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rmaf - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Technics really sounded good and believe this to be a good option when performance doesn’t mean crazy prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Their Streamer/DAC/SACD player for 2,5K interests me (for a second system).
    Was it playing when you were in the room?
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Their Streamer/DAC/SACD player for 2,5K interests me (for a second system).
    Was it playing when you were in the room?
    Yes, and I was impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics

3. Thanks bart thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention -- the Magico M2 sounded really good but it was not a proper audition as it was in the synergistic Research room where Ted Denney was doing his usual thing. However, it was enough to conclude that it is a special speaker.
    RMAF was the official debut of the Fyne audio speakers in North America.

Anshul

5. Likes Dguitarnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New to the forum and woah! Looks like I need to visit me some audio shows! Cool gear.
    KrazyK

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything."
    Plato

7. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome KrazyK!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from Denver late last night, so I am late to the party.

There were several excellent sounding rooms but my son and I felt that there were many more poor sounding rooms and poor music choices.

Our top rooms-

Boulder room with the Vienna Acoustics speakers (only $16K pr) and 6 REL subs-The sound was dynamic, totally non-fatiguing, detailed but not overly so. It had just a hint of warmth. Textures were great.

McIntosh room sounded great on day 2 of the show with their XRT2.1 speakers

YG and VTL

Dali Epcon 8 and Ayre- This system was very musical and did everything right.

Wharfedale with their new Evo 4.4 speaker which is due to be released. It was paired with Primare electronics. It is a $2500 floor stander that was fabulous sounding. It easily compares well with speakers selling in the $4K-$5K range. We walked into the room and the bass was deep, tight and musical. We looked for subwoofers because we could not believe how good the bass sounded. It was nice to see a budget company have such good sound.

The Magico Classe room sounded very good.

Elac sounded great. They had their Carina bookshelves for $1300 which sounded fabulous. They also had a new Debut series speaker, an upgrade to the B6.2 called the 6.2BR I believe. It cost $500 and it is a big upgrade in sound compared to the 6.2's which are still available and sound very good in their own right. They had it paired with their small $799 integrated amp, dac and streamer. The detail was excellent and both speakers sounded great. If I wanted to get an extreme budget system, this would be it. We also got to meet and speak with Andrew Jones. He was very personable.

The Salk speaker room sounded good not great. He had a $9K speaker paired with all Schiit gear. He used 2 Vidar amps as monoblocks. The preamp was the Frey S and the DAC was the new Bifrost True Multibit with their new Unison usb section. The sound was surprisingly good but those speakers needed top end gear to sound their best.

Another room that sounded good was the Fyne Audio room and their 702 speakers ($9Kpr). They are just being released in the US and they are looking for dealers. These are the guys that broke away from Tannoy. Great guys to talk to with their Scottish accents and sense of humor. The speaks use similar tech to Tannoy but do things that they could not do at Tannoy. The speakers had no hours on them on day 1 and they sounded just ok. They stated the speakers need 300 hours of breakin. So we came back for a listen on day 2 since the speakers had been running constantly for over 24 hours. What a difference a day makes. The sound stage was huge and the sweet spot was very wide. Off axis listening sounded like you were sitting in the center. They were musical, textured and layered with deep tight bass. No fatigue at all. Interestingly they had them hooked up to a Rega integrated amp and an oppo player. I would have loved to hear them with much better gear and fully broken in. These could be my next pair of speakers. The fit and finish was top notch.

The Alsyvox full ribbon speaker from Italy was another very good sounding room.

Sanders electrostats sounded good not great but they were in a small room which was not ideal for them.

The Bryston room with their Model T speakers sounded very good. The speakers had a slightly darker sound but they were very musical and there was no fatigue.

The big disappointment was the Vinni Rossi room. He had his new integrated paired with speakers by possibly OLM, a company I have never heard of. I do not believe they were OHM. The sound was bright and thin.

The Nola room was also disappointing. The speakers would sound sharp and peaky on certain notes.

One last thing. I have decided that I do not like Moon gear. Every room that used it sounded just ok to me. Maybe it was the set up but there was something about the sound that did not appeal to me.

Whoops! I forgot to mention Klipsch. Both of their rooms sounded very good. The Cornwalls especially.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Other systems- Parasound A21 amp,Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid tube DAC and Preamp, Magnepan MMG's, Monitor Audio S1's, PSB B6's, Def Tech Pro Monitor 1000's, Velodyne sub, Adcom GFR-700 AVR, Music Hall 25.2 modified CDP, Cables by Cardas Parsec, AQ Columbia DBS 72v, Wire World.

10. Likes bart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone hear these Endows?
    Certainly an interesting look!

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Anyone hear these Endows?
    Certainly an interesting look!

They were in my store. The designer bought an amp from me. Real nice folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen a couple threads elsewhere and the Spanish planer speakers were considered among the best of show. Did you like them?
    Main System: Analog - Linn LP12, Origin Live DC motor and Controller, SME V arm, Benz Ruby H 2 cartridge, Wright Sound preamp. Digital - Intel NUC I-7, 16 gig ram, Jriver media center 24, Wyrd4 Sound 2V2 SE Dac, Fathom Hard Drives.
    H-Cat Version 9 preamp, ARC Reference 75 amp, Custom line source speakers - 10 SB Acoustics midwoofers, 10 Fountek ribbon tweeters. JL Audio Fathom f112 Subs
    Wire - T G Audio, Siltech, Audioquest, Teo, Lewis silver foil.

Post Thanks / Like

No MBL at this event? Curious

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast