Another reason to not stream - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another reason to not stream

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Do artists have a gun to their heads to allow their music on streaming services? I know many artists who do not allow their music on streaming services: Garth Brooks as one example.
    Not true anymore Mike, Garth is in agreement with Amazon to stream.

Garth Brooks has entered in an exclusive online streaming agreement with Amazon. A selection of Garth Brooks' music is finally available for streaming exclusively on Amazon Music Unlimited, the digital music service launched last week by the online retail giant.Oct 19, 2016

Buy the vinyl and the CD's is the only real way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Not true anymore Mike, Garth is in agreement with Amazon to stream.

Garth Brooks has entered in an exclusive online streaming agreement with Amazon. A selection of Garth Brooks' music is finally available for streaming exclusively on Amazon Music Unlimited, the digital music service launched last week by the online retail giant.Oct 19, 2016

Buy the vinyl and the CD's is the only real way.
    Ah! Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Vinyl, tubes and horns! Enough said. Right Mike?
    Right on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

4. Likes CPP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Metallica is still not on Tidal, except that thing they did with Lou Reed. I'm sure there are many. Tool just recently relented since they released a new album after 13 years.

If the artists are really unhappy all they have to do is band together and withdraw their music. Well, probably when contracts end,

I'm guilty, I can't remember when I bought my last CD. However, I have only 1500 and it's nice to not have to stress where I will park further discs. I'm sort of eating crow as there are threads here where I vowed to remain a disc spinner. My circumstances are unusual though, the incentive of being able to use an iPad and read titles and other information quickly is a great benefit. My vision don't allow me to do that with discs any more and it takes a long time to use an app on my phone to read something like a CD with graphics and such.

However, if I find a title I think I will listen to again, I just add it to my library. If something happened that I couldn't/wouldn't use Tidal, then I'd have to buy those CD's I really like and rip them. I really prefer to own my back up opposed to downloading.

In short, I think it would be reduntant to buy a CD when I can just add it to my library. The CD may never get used. Sorry, my conscience hasn't really bugged me that much. It's all legal. I can honestly say I never downloaded music for free, as in ripping it off.
    Aurender ACS10 w/AQ Diamond,
    Mark Levinson #526 & 532h, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Vinyl, tubes and horns! Enough said. Right Mike?
    Ahhh, Joe, do you even own a turntable at this point ?
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; T+A AMP 8; KEF R700; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Music Server; Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Roon Playback Software, W4S Recovery; Oppo BDP-105; McIntosh MR7083; Astell&Kern AK240; Audeze LCD-i4

Post Thanks / Like

Roon and Tidal have changed everything for me. While I am not ready to get rid of all my cdís in most cases the streaming versions sound as good, sometimes better. This is the situation where streaming quality is up there with cdís however the user experience of roon with the touch screen iPad is so appealing that I no longer have the desire to own physical media except for a few special new releases. The only physical media I still collect (sparingly) is vinyl as there is something nice about the record store experience.

8. Likes still-one, kzhtoo, Tubes, nicoff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly agree on Roon. I just got my new PC/Music Server up and running. Got Roon configured before going to work; it is so easy and works absolutely beautifully.

Still debating if I am going to use HQPlayer or not with the new rig. Roon's advancements give it the capabilities that I need and it is done so straight forward and easy to configure. I did install HQPlayer but I have yet to configure it. It is kind of a pain in the butt and not at all intuitive software and I also am now debating in my mind weather it is better or worth the price and setup headaches. I also do not like the companies (ok his) policies. I have a copy that I licensed a year ago paying full price at the time. He came out with a version 4 and wants full price for a license even though I purchased my current license less than a year ago... and he has raised the price by $85. Not sure it is worth it.

To me CDs are absolutely the minimum quality. I prefer to purchase the highest resolution I can find, up to and including DSD512. Even though I upsample everything to DSD512 I do hear a difference when the original is higher rez. Better in better out I guess ...

I also have a hard enough time now picking out what I want to listen to from the 1000 or so albums I have on the server; I can't imagine how difficult it would be picking something when the choices come from a service such as Tidal.
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; T+A AMP 8; KEF R700; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Music Server; Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Roon Playback Software, W4S Recovery; Oppo BDP-105; McIntosh MR7083; Astell&Kern AK240; Audeze LCD-i4

Post Thanks / Like

Another reason to not stream

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    I also have a hard enough time now picking out what I want to listen to from the 1000 or so albums I have on the server; I can't imagine how difficult it would be picking something when the choices come from a service such as Tidal.
    Wow, such a big problem. LOL. Sounds like a personal issue, not a problem isolated to streaming services.

Step 1: think about what you want to listen to.
    Step 2: search for, locate and push play button.
    Step 3: enjoy the fruits of your labor intensive work.

11. Likes Oly, kzhtoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary
    Accuphase E-650; Lumin A1; Tannoy Canterbury GR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCh View Post
    Wow, such a big problem. LOL. Sounds like a personal issue, not a problem isolated to streaming services.
    I never said it was a problem with streaming . I simply stated that for me, I already have a tough enough time picking out what to listen to .

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast